• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your bicycles!

Zensō

Major Contributor
Cockroaches and Surlys, the only things left standing come the end of the world :)
Yup! The LHT is a classic. It’s a shame they no longer make the rim brake model. They definitely punch above their weight.

I had a karate monkey set up as a bombproof single speed with the obligatory CK headset, not much fun going up but going down it ploughed it’s own furrow and it would take a small thermobaric explosion to knock it off line, brilliant bikes and I like the surly ethos.
:)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just seemed I'd read of some crossover with certain rim sizes for tires designated 28". Bike thieves suck. Much better suspension on bikes these days in any case....
I agree of course on thieves. The good news was the didn't take either of the two Serottas or Gunnar Roadie that were stored in the same garage. Which of course were immediately moved to a much more secure location.

Last edited:

Smitty2k1

Mostly dad-biking these days. Just finished my first dynamo wheel build on her.

Attachments

• 20220729_094947-01.jpeg
    20220729_094947-01.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone on Strava?

Spare bike oversized Cr-Mo steel Hazard Cyclocross.
QkzNB0B.jpg

Full Carbon Stevens Xenon

viAhPwD.jpg

Last edited:

Leporello

I installed a similar hub on a bike that a friend gave me when I used to live near Bordeaux. 2 speeds, coaster-brake, 0% maintenance, it was perfect! And it was so ugly and crusty that nobody ever tried stealing it ;)

ES7OinE.jpg

lIQI7NC.jpg

oiXmWI8.jpg
Aah, the Duomatic. Had one bike with it in the 70s.

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The best touring or commuting bike is the one you know how to repair at the side of the road because you can, and you always carry a basic toolkit and spares (for touring this includes chains, chain links, spokes, chainrings, bottom bracket, sprockets}. Race bikes are different: attentive maintenance is assumed. You need a quality multi tool, 2 inner tubes & pump, a couple of chain links, a stash of money, a VISA card, a phone and the number of someone who gives a shIt. You hope.

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
My wife and I have a pair of Specialized Hard Rock 29ner mountain bikes. Both have new cranks with single elliptical 36T sprockets - DIY Upgrades. The rear wheel is 8 speeds 53 to 10 teeth on mine and 9 speeds 53 to 10 on hers - also DIY. I also upgraded the front shock on mine. Both are great on and off road.

1659646032121.jpeg

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Cool teardrop trailer/camper, always wanted one but bloody hell they‘re expensive, Any other pics of it?

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Cool teardrop trailer/camper, always wanted one but bloody hell they‘re expensive, Any other pics of it?
It is a Camp Inn 560 Ultra. Website is tinycamper.com

They are not cheap and you can buy a much larger camper for the same price. But the teardrop fits in the garage and we tow it with a Subaru Outback!

1659651747913.jpeg

osscar

my old horse (bought in 2007 approximately - I am quite tall and I like this geometry).. the frame has not broken with my 115 kg ... only the wearing parts have been changed (chain, cogs, bearings, brake pads)
It would be time to buy a new one.. but now the local selection is small (shortage) and prices are skyrocketing due global situation, war, C19 etc..

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_112125.jpg
    IMG_20220730_112125.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 80

Venga Velo

My Crossista. I don't race CX so this is my gravel bike.

That road is a minimum-maintenance deal, gated at both ends, so it's currently under about two feet of snow. I was ready for spring long about Thanksgiving.

IMG_5425.jpeg

Tom C

Major Contributor
It’s been quite a snowy year.
I grew up in Minneapolis. Is that MSP, where you are? it had the best paved system I’ve ever seen. Kansas City was second best.
Missouri has miles and miles of gravel like the road you show in your photograph. Rough as a cob, especially after a rain. But you can ride from Kansas City to Saint Louis.

osscar

My existing one 26 and the new one ...I don't know, the 26 rolls well either...but I hope I will like it with the 29 as well...and the 32 t won't be too small in front of the 1x system.

Attachments

• PXL_20230126_174003187.jpg
    PXL_20230126_174003187.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL-20221015-150345541_1.jpg
    PXL-20221015-150345541_1.jpg
    915.6 KB · Views: 60

Venga Velo

It’s been quite a snowy year.
I grew up in Minneapolis. Is that MSP, where you are? it had the best paved system I’ve ever seen. Kansas City was second best.
Missouri has miles and miles of gravel like the road you show in your photograph. Rough as a cob, especially after a rain. But you can ride from Kansas City to Saint Louis.
South end of town in the strip mall hell known as Apple Valley. I spent about a year and a half in Olathe in the early 90's. I really like KC.

I think that road is about the smoothest minimum maintenance in existence.

Zensō

Major Contributor
Haven't thought about Grant Petersen in ages, met him once back in the Bridgestone days. Considered a Rivendell once but went another direction. Classic stuff!
Thanks! As I’m sure you know, Grant’s a character with a very specific point of view on bikes. You’re either all in on his approach, or not. I’ve owned a few of his bikes over the years and pretty much agree with his thinking, which is getting more antiquated as time goes on (lugged steel frames, friction shifting, rim brakes, square taper bottom brackets, threaded headsets, quill stems, flat pedals, ultra long chainstays, etc., etc.). Now that I think of it, I guess I’m getting more antiquated in my own thinking… ;)

Top Bottom