• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Magni Heresy

T.M.Noble

Audio Company
My 3 day old schiit heresy suddenly started producing a very loud buzzing sound with the connected headphone (sundara) on the left side only.

Soon after the heresy started producing an electrical smell and heating up

Am worried that damage has been done to my sundaras :(

Anyone had these issues?
Always contact our customer support for a replacement unit. We will be more that happy to help you.

https://www.schiit.com/contact/returns-ras

solderdude

Grand Contributor
That's exactly why I recommend the IEMagni over the Heresy (and 3+) because it has DC protection.
Schiit finally saw the light and started to build this function (costs only a few $ more) into its amplifiers and probably saves them from having to pay for broken headphones. (see post #4)

someguyontheinternet

My 3 day old schiit heresy suddenly started producing a very loud buzzing sound with the connected headphone (sundara) on the left side only.

Soon after the heresy started producing an electrical smell and heating up

Am worried that damage has been done to my sundaras :(

Anyone had these issues?

I encountered this last friday while using it. I had been using it since Feburary this year without any issues, but that day about 1 hour after use suddenly a very loud buzz came from the left side of my headphone. I was actually making breakfast when this started, because when I came back I noticed the buzzing and when I picked up the headphones the left side of my headphones had gotten warm.
I instantly went and unplugged everything. Afterwards I checked for damage on the headphones with a different amp after the drivers had cooled off and luckily there was no damage done to my headphones.

It was a bit of a shock to be honest, but I wrote a support request the same day and am waiting for a reply now.

7smurfs

It was a bit of a shock to be honest, but I wrote a support request the same day and am waiting for a reply now.

That is concerning to hear!

I thought my amp was fried but it ended up working again yesterday - so I’ve held off RMA at the moment.

the only thing I can think of that may have caused the issue, was it being on high gain at the time

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
I thought my amp was fried but it ended up working again yesterday - so I’ve held off RMA at the moment.
I strongly suggest you to continue working with Schiit in swapping it with a new one or even better, to swap it with a IEMagni that has DC-output protection.

7smurfs

I strongly suggest you to continue working with Schiit in swapping it with a new one or even better, to swap it with a IEMagni that has DC-output protection.

Thanks, have requested an exchange/upgrade to the IEMagni

Top Bottom