• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Magni Unity with onboard DAC

raif71

Major Contributor
Of course people do not listen like that. Listening like that is done only to take out of the equation any - conscious or not - listener BIAS in judging the equipment.
The real question is, now, to you: can you describe what is it that makes you like the Asgard "3 more" than Topping L50? This would be astonishingly important, because then the two DACs could be scrutinised in search of differences, for subtle they could be. So what is it? More bass, more clarity, more separation, wider sound-stage, more details?
Yes all of the above (maybe not more details) but I wouldn't want to spew out those subjective references on this objective platform. Have some respect :p

solderdude

Grand Contributor
And the final conclusion remains.
Mystery solved for SBAF: Marv can hear inexplicable differences.
Mystery still not solved for ASR: Test not witnessed nor validated.

Too bad this seems impossible to settle.

Ah well... my offer still stands. I'm game.
Too bad I am not a rich guy with disposable income living in the states otherwise I would have really liked to meet up.

Last edited:

mc.god

Too bad I am not a rich guy with disposable income living in the states otherwise I would have really liked to meet up.
He invited a japanese girl to a quiet and luxurious hotel room at his expenses, not sure he'd like a penguine the same.

Top Bottom