• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Schiit Magni Unity with onboard DAC

JK47

BTW, if you want to fund a room at Canjam and set up a blind test for people to come and take, that would be great!

Last person who premised us this, Goldensound, never delivered. If you do, that would be a good thing and we would all be supportive of that. Just make sure to follow the proper protocols as i explained in the video.
I'll rent a room in the hotel of the venue, with beer, and alcohol included.

NDRQ

Ummm, no one at SBAF is scared of meeting Amir in person. Actually it would be welcomed there to have a face to face meet with blind ABX testing, cash on the line to the winner.
Winner? Winner of what? :D Believing in bllshit audiofool myths? :D

solderdude

Grand Contributor
If you don't care why are you here ?

JK47

If you don't care why are you here ?
I find it interesting that the people here don't believe that blind testing can be done, yet refuse to participate in a challenge to scientifically prove they are right...

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I find it interesting that the people here don't believe that blind testing can be done

You probably meant that you find it interesting that we question the blind test and would like to see it repeated say... in front of a camera... with the level matching procedure in it too ?
What's odd about that ... from an ASR standpoint ?

JK47

You probably meant that you find it interesting that we question the blind test and would like to see it repeated say... in front of a camera... with the level matching procedure in it too ?
What's odd about that ... from an ASR standpoint ?
That you don't want to see it in real life, imagine if the Earth was round?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
So we should just take the blind test as irrefutable evidence of 'something yet unexplained' instead and are not allowed to question it ?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
We can't... we're frikkin' deaf so we are told.
We need some golden-eared individual to repeat the test preferably witnessed by an unbiased and technically competent person.
That's the whole point.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A live broadcast YT stream of DBT Volume matched to 0.01dB ABX testing from neither parties of SBAF and ASR such as the 6 year old kid from Head-Fi should be the participant instead. I think kids are more honest with what they perceive than adults IMHO:

1701384640962.png

Nutul

I find it interesting that the people here don't believe that blind testing can be done, yet refuse to participate in a challenge to scientifically prove they are right...
I am almost sick of hearing your blatancy, anyway I take a minute of my time to summarise what I got so far:
1. it's not a matter of not believing that blind tests can be done, it's being sure they are indeed blind.
2. why should we prove they are scientifically right? We, out of experience, doubt they are. OTOH, who claims they are scientifically right, is the one that has to demonstrate it.

I do not think you find interesting, I think you just don't believe enough in knowledge, experience and measurements, and still blindly (what else, regarding the topic...?) believe what's said around.
The true thing is that it would indeed be amazingly interesting to have a proper blind test done, scientifically proven to be such, and an individual passing such test describing the differences he was able to hear, and finally have the gear measured and scrutinised at sub-atomic level in order to understand what it is that could make an auditory difference, and we do not / can not measure yet. This is. It is not fear.

Moreover, comments like "You're the non believer, not me." clearly state that you believe; hence the question "Why do you believe" cannot, ethimologically speaking, be answered with "I don't care". It could, OTOH. be answered with "Because I have faith".

Others, like "I don't take orders from women" and "By the way, I didn't realize you look like a man, people usually post a likeness for their avatar" clearly denote a very low self-esteem that needs to be overcome with arrogance. This is another reason people here may not GAS about what you mumble. Take a life, my friend. (I'm joking, you obviously are not a friend of mine, just some unimportant and uneducated text on a forum)

oleg87

Make an effort to refute it
If it was easy to do so, I would happily make the attempt.
Since Marv has not provided evidence of or proposed a mechanism for a performance defect in either amp that could account for an easily discernible difference, we are left with a claim of seemingly superhuman hearing ability. I've done enough blind tests to know my hearing is merely human, so even if Marv has been gifted (or cursed?) with being able to hear something that's buried 80dB below a musical signal it's not particularly interesting to me, beside pure intellectual curiosity.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Make an effort to refute it
We are. We are discussing it and trying to teach you the pitfalls of believing in someone's claims. You don't want to listen. So the lack of effort is on you, not us.

raif71

Major Contributor
imho, ABX testing is overrated. Nobody listens to music like that. I have quite a number of amps at my disposal and I can say that from listening over time, I enjoy Schiit asgard 3 more than Topping L50 but then again, that's me.

Last edited:

Nutul

imho, ABX testing is overrated. Nobody listen to music like that. I have quite a number of amps at my disposal and I can say that from listening over time, I enjoy Schiit asgard 3 more than Topping L50 but then again, that's me.
Of course people do not listen like that. Listening like that is done only to take out of the equation any - conscious or not - listener BIAS in judging the equipment.
The real question is, now, to you: can you describe what is it that makes you like the Asgard "3 more" than Topping L50? This would be astonishingly important, because then the two DACs could be scrutinised in search of differences, for subtle they could be. So what is it? More bass, more clarity, more separation, wider sound-stage, more details?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I volunteered you as the first order lackey. Is there a reason you are refusing this?
I thought I had that position all wrapped up? Darn it to heck. Already ordered the Hat…:(

Top Bottom