• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Room EQ and subwoofer management hardware: Anti-Mode X2 by DSPEAKER

KxDx

My wife reminded me that my half of the money for the cruise is due next week. Dang, forgot about that. :oops:

So maybe April I can splurge on the X2.

kma100

Forum Donor
Increase the gain of the sub by 21db and then re run (just unplug the mic). Will work just fine!
I wil try that. I was worried that it was implying my sub was too *high* (I know that 21db boost in sub would be insane :) ). Will adjust the volume up and re-run.

Assume crossover is then set to max?

Attachments

• Rythmik_PEQ3_sealed_quickguide.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 52

withoutsuit

Arrow down: lower the volume, Arrow up: turn it up. I suggest to set the crossover at the sub at the maximum. The antimode has the default xover at 80hz, which can be adjusted (if you want to play with it) after the measurement, as well the delays (via browserinterface, you need the latest firmware as at 02/2023). But for that you should use REW, for comparing the different results.

kma100

Forum Donor
Arrow down: lower the volume, Arrow up: turn it up. I suggest to set the crossover at the sub at the maximum. The antimode has the default xover at 80hz, which can be adjusted (if you want to play with it) after the measurement, as well the delays (via browserinterface, you need the latest firmware as at 02/2023). But for that you should use REW, for comparing the different results.
Thanks again! Will test out this weekend.

kma100

Forum Donor
@withoutsuit @sigbergaudio thank you both!! Yes, the sub was way too low and after I increased the volume, the optimization worked perfectly.

It sounds great (ok, maybe thats confirmation bias :)), but jokes aside, the system sounds fuller and I can see the sub "play". I don't hear any boominess either. I suppose I can always increase sub level using the "Subwoofer Output Level" setting if I need a sub bump.

"Sound Profiles" is another option. Right now Sound Profile 1 has the default, and if I understand correctly I can either recalibrate on SP 2, and/or go SP 2 and then bump up the sub if needed, and so my SP 2 has a different sound profile. Did I understand that correctly?

Thanks again - you have been so helpful!

Mukund

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@withoutsuit @sigbergaudio thank you both!! Yes, the sub was way too low and after I increased the volume, the optimization worked perfectly.

It sounds great (ok, maybe thats confirmation bias :)), but jokes aside, the system sounds fuller and I can see the sub "play". I don't hear any boominess either. I suppose I can always increase sub level using the "Subwoofer Output Level" setting if I need a sub bump.

"Sound Profiles" is another option. Right now Sound Profile 1 has the default, and if I understand correctly I can either recalibrate on SP 2, and/or go SP 2 and then bump up the sub if needed, and so my SP 2 has a different sound profile. Did I understand that correctly?

Mukund

The bass tilt feature works well too, as an alternative to increasing the sub. Then you'll get a lift across subs and speakers. As you may have seen from the manual you can also adjust where the tilt starts (from 80-500hz). Setting 3 or 4 and 1-2dB lift after calibration is a good starting point.

withoutsuit

Mukund
correct. After the first measurement, alle three profiles contain the same. After that, you can adjust each preset alone or even do a new measurement for different profiles (e.g. 2.0 Preset 1 for listening at night without subwoofer and 2.1 with Subwoofer at Preset 2).

If you want to adjust the delay between main and subwoofer (so that they play in time together, the subwoofer may otherwise lack behind the mains), you have to do it with the computer - thats (unfortunately) not possible directly at the device.

kma100

Forum Donor
The bass tilt feature works well too, as an alternative to increasing the sub. Then you'll get a lift across subs and speakers. As you may have seen from the manual you can also adjust where the tilt starts (from 80-500hz). Setting 3 or 4 and 1-2dB lift after calibration is a good starting point.
Is that "Tone Control"? Looks like you can set the range, etc.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Is that "Tone Control"? Looks like you can set the range, etc.

Yep. By default there's 5 steps, 80hz, 120hz, 160hz, 320hz and 500hz if I remember correctly. I think the default may be 160hz. I'd recommend moving it another step higher to 320hz, and try to add 1-2dB and see how that sounds.

kma100

Forum Donor
Will give it a shot. The tiny, low-res screen is a pain to work with. I keep thinking I will get to the wrong menu and "undo" my settings!

withoutsuit

Will give it a shot. The tiny, low-res screen is a pain to work with. I keep thinking I will get to the wrong menu and "undo" my settings!
Yes, the Display is horrible and to configure it, a pain. Sometimes, I´m also lost in the menu options.

Regarding tone control: You can adjust Frequency and Q-Value via Browserinterface (also not possible at the device directly)

kma100

Forum Donor
I think I will download the new firmware. I don't enjoy tinkering too much, but might give this a look!

Hellasärö

Is the software available already?

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
New example from our show room. Dual subs in the front crossed at 100hz with the newest X2 firmware. Purple X2, Green bypass.

1678220804546.png

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@sigbergaudio did the firmware improve the optimization over the earlier firmware?

Hm, no I don't think so, it just enabled me to have a 100hz crossover (first firmware was fixed to 80hz) and also to freely select the starting point of the bass tilt. :)

withoutsuit

Hm, no I don't think so, it just enabled me to have a 100hz crossover (first firmware was fixed to 80hz) and also to freely select the starting point of the bass tilt. :)
and also, also very important, setting delays. Do you also have Spectogramm / Waterfall of the duo subs? Looks really smooth, already before the X2 smooting.

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
and also, also very important, setting delays. Do you also have Spectogramm / Waterfall of the duo subs? Looks really smooth, already before the X2 smooting.

1678223435246.png

Top Bottom