• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Room EQ and subwoofer management hardware: Anti-Mode X2 by DSPEAKER

KxDx

Well this was a bit of a bust. My stepdaughter didn‘t bring the charger when she dropped off the laptop last night, so I ran out of battery before I could get a good suite of measurements. I don’t know how battery mode and power saving affect the UMIK and REW, so I can’t trust anything I did see. Hopefully next weekend I’ll be able to retry this.

This unit was purchased to test on my living room system, 2.0 with MacIntosh LS360 speakers. See Original Thread

Initial notes. MUCH improved noise floor over both Antimode Dual Core 2.0 and MiniDSP DDRC-22A. Night and day DAC implementation.

I didn’t save any X2 measurements that I took afterwards because I was getting a lot of inconsistencies that I can not say were attributed to the X2 or the laptop being in Power saving mode. I ran 3 or 4 calibrations and got wildly different results every time. None of the curves were favorable compared to Dirac 3 but again, I will discount everything I measured until I have my laptop running with no power saving features. Stay tuned…

Last edited:

kma100

Forum Donor
So when I Mute sound using the DSPeaker remote, it gets quiet but I can still hear the music playing. I have a Node > X2. Am I missing some setting? Has anyone else run into this before?

Jonessön

So when I Mute sound using the DSPeaker remote, it gets quiet but I can still hear the music playing. I have a Node > X2. Am I missing some setting? Has anyone else run into this before?
Do you have everything connected to Dspeaker? Is node fixed output?

kma100

Forum Donor
Yes Node is fixed output. And goes to the DSPeaker (Coax). And sub connected to DSpeaker.

Jonessön

Yes Node is fixed output. And goes to the DSPeaker (Coax). And sub connected to DSpeaker.
Node connected to tv with earc? Make sure there isnt tv sound coming out. I am thinking of getting Dspeaker X2 myself too, have node already.

kma100

Forum Donor
There is no TV in the mix...

Bluesound Node -> Anti-Mode X2 -> Outlaw amp -> Revel F208
Rhythmik F15 connected to Anti-Mode X2 sub output

Weird that I still get some sound from the speakers. Guess no one else is running into this issue? Will check various settings again.

Willem

Major Contributor
This is using a mute function, or when the X2 is turned off?

Willem

Major Contributor
Mute functions do not always mute completely. They are more for muting the sound when you have a phone call coming in.

kma100

Forum Donor
Hmmm...not sure I agree. Mute typically should mute it completely. At least has on all the other devices I have owned.

Jonessön

There is no TV in the mix...

Bluesound Node -> Anti-Mode X2 -> Outlaw amp -> Revel F208
Rhythmik F15 connected to Anti-Mode X2 sub output

Weird that I still get some sound from the speakers. Guess no one else is running into this issue? Will check various settings again.
I got Dspeaker X2 myself too, its connected to Bluesound Node N130 with Optical (Fixed output). I just tested that mute, it keeps sound on for me too. Not a big deal tho.

Edit. What comes to room correction this is really wierd since basically lost all bass. I was using -15db to -10db setting before in SVS application, now I had to set it -26db for calibration. And even after cal SUB EQ in X2 is set to SL-3

Edit2. SVS PB3000 subwoofer

Last edited:

kma100

Forum Donor
So not just me! On any other device, mute shuts it down completely. I haven't contacted DSPeaker...will do so. Have you calibrated your sub?

kma100

Forum Donor
I got Dspeaker X2 myself too, its connected to Bluesound Node N130 with Optical (Fixed output). I just tested that mute, it keeps sound on for me too. Not a big deal tho.

Edit. What comes to room correction this is really wierd since basically lost all bass. I was using -15db to -10db setting before in SVS application, now I had to set it -26db for calibration. And even after cal SUB EQ in X2 is set to SL-3

If you scroll up you will see some other comments. You might have to adjust the sub volume (perhaps you are already doing that). I had set mine too low and had the same problem. See post #123 (https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...e-anti-mode-x2-by-dspeaker.37598/post-1508034)

kma100

Forum Donor

Were you able to get this sorted out?

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Top Bottom