• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

Krunok

Major Contributor
That's one of the best strawman arguments I've seen in a long time.

Dave.
What impresses me most, up to the point of feeling envy, is that I would need to take some shrooms or similar stuff to notice "the great depth of clarity, texture and dimensionality presented by via Amp 'A', but not Amp ''B'. " while he can tell the difference between amps just like that.

maty

Major Contributor
It was an idea. If a new DIY PCB input board is designed, in addition to the two changes noted, some additional functionality would be interesting or not.

Matias

Patreon Donor
This first batch of modules is more expensive, later this year the mass volume ones will be available, let's see how prices are then.

Other brands will cost same, purify design / board is more expensive. I received some estimates weeks ago for Apollon purify Amps.
Over $3,000 US for a stereo amp? That price is insane for what it is. Slightly better specs than Hypex. If DIY is anything close to that nobody will bite.

@Matias touched on this about the nord purifi amp.

Limited Edition
The first ten customers to order will be able to get these limited edition amps with the pre-production boards from Denmark, contact Nord for prices. Full production models will be available from October. Monoblock and dual-mono stereo versions available.
https://hifipig.com/nord-three-se-purifi-1et400a-power-amplifiers/

Seems like $1500USD-1000USD a channel is what some folks are shooting for. The 3c Nord 1ET400A is $1272USD a channel to my door.

Two Hypex NC400 + SMPS1200A400 2ch connector kit + SMPS1200A400 is $850USD. I would still need a case, wires, and plugs. Ghent audio has them for around $250. So $550USD a channel for a DIY nc400 amp. The hypex DIY mono kit is $638USD a channel.

One can hope a DIY 1ET400A + PS + input board is under $350USD a channel. Bruno did say he'd be competitive.

Matias

Patreon Donor
The mass volume prices are probably going to be priced slightly higher than Hypex.

Top Bottom