• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 47 15.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 245 80.6%

• Total voters

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I’m getting constant popping from my AHB2 out of nowhere. It was working fine one day connecting via XLR to the source and bananas to my towers. The next day, nothing but popping, even if the source is turned to 0…

Contact Benchmark directly. Send them an audio recording of the issue, with no connection to the amp except the loudspeakers.

In my experience, they are incredibly fast in responding to issues.

Ovo23

Did Benchmark show their products on axpona? If so, did they reveal any new product ? The latest was almost 5 years ago, while the amplifier ahb2 is more than a decade. I am really looking forward that they can make an amp of 200+w and improve the bridged mode so that it is not only double the power but stable. Besides, I also hope they can create an integrated amplifier. I haven't seen any amplifier in A/B design doing better while spending less than Benchmark and they actually explain every single step they take and how it improved. Even better, I hope I can see it handle even below 2ohm and stable..

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Did Benchmark show their products on axpona? If so, did they reveal any new product ? The latest was almost 5 years ago, while the amplifier ahb2 is more than a decade. I am really looking forward that they can make an amp of 200+w and improve the bridged mode so that it is not only double the power but stable. Besides, I also hope they can create an integrated amplifier. I haven't seen any amplifier in A/B design doing better while spending less than Benchmark and they actually explain every single step they take and how it improved. Even better, I hope I can see it handle even below 2ohm and stable..
Although very popular with audiophiles, Benchmark is a company with a professional (public) vocation and I don't think that an integrated amp is useful in the pro market.
On the other hand, I find it difficult to improve a product that is already perfect for most users.

Top Bottom