• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Skinner001

Any good alternatives to the Qudelix? It's not available in the UK at the moment, and even if I ordered over US amazon it's not gonna get here anytime soon. If I buy of their site direct, it's also probably take some time and I'll end up paying a fair bit more due to imports etc.

Haven't seen many objective reviews of these types of devices online really.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Any good alternatives to the Qudelix? It's not available in the UK at the moment, and even if I ordered over US amazon it's not gonna get here anytime soon. If I buy of their site direct, it's also probably take some time and I'll end up paying a fair bit more due to imports etc.

Haven't seen many objective reviews of these types of devices online really.
Not really if you want the built in EQ. I ordered direct to the UK and took around a week.

Skinner001

Not really if you want the built in EQ. I ordered direct to the UK and took around a week.
Yeah, I think I'll do that as well - I've been thoroughly spoiled by quick deliveries from Amazon so was considering other stuff from Fiio or ifi but this is a proven commodity for less money than some of the alternatives I've looked at.

MCH

Major Contributor
Today I started to play with creative sx-fi Amp and seems it has 10 band graphic eq. However I am not sure yet if it is "built in" (as I understand it, if the Amp stores the eq inside ??) or if it only works when plugged to the phone where the app is installed. The manual says the settings are transferred and stored in the Amp....
PS: Costs significantly less than the qudelix and you get some headphones for free

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I ordered direct to the UK and took around a week.
Same, but delivery to germany. 5 days or so from Korea. No problem ordering directly from their website.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Today I started to play with creative sx-fi Amp and seems it has 10 band graphic eq. However I am not sure yet if it is "built in" (as I understand it, if the Amp stores the eq inside ??) or if it only works when plugged to the phone where the app is installed. The manual says the settings are transferred and stored in the Amp....
PS: Costs significantly less than the qudelix and you get some headphones for free
Well, in fairness the qudelix needs the app to set the eq up but it then stores internally. Believe the browser extension just released will soon be able to set the eq too.

MCH

Major Contributor
Well, in fairness the qudelix needs the app to set the eq up but it then stores internally. Believe the browser extension just released will soon be able to set the eq too.
So, confirmed: You set the eq in the sxfi app, the app sends it to the dongle, and then the dongle uses that eq when used in any other app or any other device.
*Sorry for the off-topic discussion

Skinner001

I'd like to take a moment to rave about this little thing :D

For those in the UK (and elsewhere I guess) waiting for it to become available over Amazon - no need - ordered directly from the company in the evening on the 5th - it arrived this morning (the 12th) from Korea.

Haven't had too much time to play around with it but here are some impressions.
I freaking love the thing - and the app - everything is there, convenient, easy and in-depth - with a bunch of EQ settings from a bunch of sources for a ton of HPs if you like some of them rather than punching in your own. Everything else about the app is the same way - you can keep it simple or dive in and set everything as you wish, exemplary. Spent more time tinkering than listening in this quick look :D

Now, I've given it a quick gauntlet:
- HD560s - no problems, with headroom for EQ in unbalanced mode
- Sundara - in balanced mode no issues, after punching EQ still gets loud and clean - and since I listen at higher levels than most - the probability is that no one would have issues
- Arya - in balanced - less headroom her - but still not maxing it out after EQ
- Ether C 1.1. - more than enough juice in any mode
- Moondrop Aria - of course IEMs are easy to drive - but as expected black, dead silent backdrop
- Fostex T20rp MKIII - the only thing I could max out in unbalanced and think to myself "well, I could use just a smidge more" - and I mean a smidge, not a bunch

In summary, from the look, functionality, app to performance, just love it.
Now, go, buy one :D

ririt

Anyone driving DCA Aeon 2 Closed or Noire with a Qudelix-5K?
a quick post to confirm what other previously said: Qudelix 5K is perfectly able to drive DCA Aeon headphones. I recently get a closed Aeon RT and Qudelix drives it nicely using balanced output even if applying EQ with -5dB preamp. Whatever the music listened, I have never been above 90% of max volume. I am amazed by the sound quality provided by this combo!

mugbot

Forum Donor
a quick post to confirm what other previously said: Qudelix 5K is perfectly able to drive DCA Aeon headphones. I recently get a closed Aeon RT and Qudelix drives it nicely using balanced output even if applying EQ with -5dB preamp. Whatever the music listened, I have never been above 90% of max volume. I am amazed by the sound quality provided by this combo!
Can concur, on balanced the Q5K powers my Aeon Noire's very nicely.

ririt

I would like to get a lightning to usb camera kit from apple. Can anyone tell me which one is suitable for the qudelix? The smaller one or the larger one (usb3)?

mugbot

Forum Donor

mugbot

Forum Donor
May be but I already experienced such cable. In Europe, I get it from Aliexpress. It worked nicely for less than a month and suddenly did not work at all. Therefore I would like to a more reliable way to connect my qudelix to my iphone
That's fair, I've seen my share of cables fail. The bulkiness of the cck just bothers me haha. It's likely to be more reliable, however.

ririt

That's fair, I've seen my share of cables fail. The bulkiness of the cck just bothers me haha. It's likely to be more reliable, however.
Then we are back to my intial question: which apple camera kit would be suitable?

mugbot

Forum Donor
I think they should all work, though the larger one I believe allows you to also power the Q5K which could be handy depending on your use case. You'd need to be plugging in either a charger or battery to the CCK to power the Q5K. As the Q5K has an internal battery, this isn't strictly necessary.

Kaspers

May be but I already experienced such cable. In Europe, I get it from Aliexpress. It worked nicely for less than a month and suddenly did not work at all. Therefore I would like to a more reliable way to connect my qudelix to my iphone
I own this cable, it's pretty solid, works like a charm with the 5K: https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/503267.html

1637869051010.png

ririt

Which headphone cable are you using w/ 5k->Noire?
I am usinga Hart Audio cable . If you have a look on their web site, they are offering various solutions to get a balanced 2.5 mm connector to be used with the 5K. I chose a cable + a multi kit to get maximum flexibility regarding headphone amps.

mugbot

Forum Donor
I am usinga Hart Audio cable . If you have a look on their web site, they are offering various solutions to get a balanced 2.5 mm connector to be used with the 5K. I chose a cable + a multi kit to get maximum flexibility regarding headphone amps.
I'm doing the same, and it works well! I have a whole collection of Hart cables now. So handy if you have a mix of single ended and balanced amps with multiple headphones.

Top Bottom