• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Potential New 3.5mm USB-C Dongles & USB DAC/AMPs

Olrih

MEIZU HIFI PRO is second only to W2.
Sorry I couldn’t cache you my English level doesn’t help to know what meant in this comment for give me
By the way i was go to buy meizu from AliExpress and some folks in another forum said don’t do that the ibasso dc03 is batter and matias recommend tempotec now i confused again

So for the last time forgive me my friend (S34MH1) I would ask u should i buy i basso dc03 or meizu hifi dac pro and you know what sound i prefer from my detailed comment above.

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry I couldn’t cache you my English level doesn’t help to know what meant in this comment for give me
By the way i was go to buy meizu from AliExpress and some folks in another forum said don’t do that the ibasso dc03 is batter and matias recommend tempotec now i confused again

So for the last time forgive me my friend (S34MH1) I would ask u should i buy i basso dc03 or meizu hifi dac pro and you know what sound i prefer from my detailed comment above.

MEIZU HIFI PRO

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Olrih

Show us where to buy it? It has been unavailable everywhere, perhaps even discontinued.

TRY 169.50 22% İndirim | Meizu Hifi kulaklık amplifikatör ses HiFi kayıpsız DAC tipi C için 3.5mm ses adaptörü Cirrus Logic CS43131 çip yüksek empedans
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msdidqX

TRY 166.42 61% İndirim | Meizu HIFI DAC kulaklık amplifikatör tipi C için 3.5mm ses adaptörü Cirrus ve TI süper iki sahne amplifikatörü kayıpsız 32bit/384K
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0i5CwF

The second one where i will purchase

Veri

Master Contributor
TRY 169.50 22% İndirim | Meizu Hifi kulaklık amplifikatör ses HiFi kayıpsız DAC tipi C için 3.5mm ses adaptörü Cirrus Logic CS43131 çip yüksek empedans
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msdidqX

TRY 166.42 61% İndirim | Meizu HIFI DAC kulaklık amplifikatör tipi C için 3.5mm ses adaptörü Cirrus ve TI süper iki sahne amplifikatörü kayıpsız 32bit/384K
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0i5CwF

The second one where i will purchase
These are all 'Meizu usb-c dongle' variant. Meizu pro was a bit more expensive, and doesn't seem to be for sale anymore. But it was clearly marked as 'Meizu Pro', and had different price..

Olrih

These are all 'Meizu usb-c dongle' variant. Meizu pro was a bit more expensive, and doesn't seem to be for sale anymore. But it was clearly marked as 'Meizu Pro', and had different price..
Oh really thank god i share before purchase it matias thank you for asking but the second one in comment everyone is saying the product is original

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh really thank god i share before purchase it matias thank you for asking but the second one in comment everyone is saying the product is original
It is original indeed, but an original Meizu dongle DAC, not the original Meizu PRO dongle DAC, these are different.

Olrih

It is original indeed, but an original Meizu dongle DAC, not the original Meizu PRO dongle DAC, these are different.

okey thanks for information. Then now i have to purchase ibasso dc03 if meizu pro out of stoke

Jet Black

I believe you are better with the ibasso dc03 as both uses the same cirrus logic chip cs43131, however ibasso utilizes two of those chips as oppose to one chip on the meizu. The dual dac setup is for lower noise and higher amplification. So you could drive higher powered headphones and iem, dc03 can do 80mw @ 32ohms as opposed to just 30 or 50 mw on the Meizu. The reason I chose ibasso. Very neutral sound with good bass hit.

WoodyLuvr

I believe you are better with the ibasso dc03 as both uses the same cirrus logic chip cs43131, however ibasso utilizes two of those chips as oppose to one chip on the meizu. The dual dac setup is for lower noise and higher amplification. So you could drive higher powered headphones and iem, dc03 can do 80mw @ 32ohms as opposed to just 30 or 50 mw on the Meizu. The reason I chose ibasso. Very neutral sound with good bass hit.
If referring to the Meizu HiFi DAC headAMP PRO although listed by Meizu as having up to ~1.75Vrms output (as determined by auto-impedance detection) with a thrust of 30mW @ 32Ω (6.7mW @ 600Ω) it has been measured to be much, much higher:

and if "tricked" via a headphone adapter will output at ~2Vrms with a thrust of 100mW @ 32Ω (13mW @ 300Ω); <0.0002% THD+N @ 1kHz; >123dBA (https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/94991395).

Headphone Adapter Trick:
  1. Firstly, plug the adapter into the output jack of the Meizu HiFi PRO
  2. Secondly, plug the Meizu HiFi PRO into the phone/pc (at which point device will recognize as if headphones are plugged in and switch to high-gain mode)
  3. Thirdly, plug headphone into the adapter
The Meizu HiFi PRO "sees" the empty adapter as (infinity) impedance and therefore "activates" high-gain/high-impedance mode.​

Regarding the PRO version... although unfortunately discontinued by Meizu due to the unavailability of the particular version of Texas Instrument's OPA1622 second-level op amp that it uses on the PRO (as heavily discussed on the Chinese audiophile forums) there are NOS (new old stock) still floating around out there for those who are persistent and patient enough to hunt for them.

Last edited:

I0000dayz

Hey guys, I am new here and I am looking for a good, cheap USB-C to 3.5mm DAC I can find on Amazon Europe, preferably .de

Initially I wanted to go with the notorious Apple dongle but I've read that the EU version has half the power of the American version and I'm not sure it can drive my Hifiman Sundara decently without an external amp.

I've found this and the stats are quite impressive but I'm not sure if it's good in real conditions:
Chip: CS46L41
DNR: >120dB
SNR: >125dB
Cable length: 13cm
THD+N: 0.00125%
Impedance Drive: 16-600Ω

192kbps

Hey guys, I am new here and I am looking for a good, cheap USB-C to 3.5mm DAC I can find on Amazon Europe, preferably .de

Initially I wanted to go with the notorious Apple dongle but I've read that the EU version has half the power of the American version and I'm not sure it can drive my Hifiman Sundara decently without an external amp.

I've found this and the stats are quite impressive but I'm not sure if it's good in real conditions:

DC03.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Personally I wouldnt buy any of these dongles unless I had seen the measurements and a raft of feedback on this or any other forum. I'm sure it will work, but when compared to a known quantity like the Meizu Hifi dongle for about the same price, you might not be getting anywhere near the advertised spec. Then you also can get issues around pops, clicks and stuttering which again forums like this are good at indentifying.

I0000dayz

Personally I wouldnt buy any of these dongles unless I had seen the measurements and a raft of feedback on this or any other forum. I'm sure it will work, but when compared to a known quantity like the Meizu Hifi dongle for about the same price, you might not be getting anywhere near the advertised spec. Then you also can get issues around pops, clicks and stuttering which again forums like this are good at indentifying.

I see. Then I will look into iBasso DC03 like S34MH1 recommended me. One question I have is whether the sound quality is much different from desktop DACs? I've read a thread on head-fi where people describe that the sound is "great for a USB DAC" and people here writing there's no perceptible difference from desktop DACs. What do you think?

192kbps

192kbps

https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurement-of-ibasso-dc-03/
https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurement-of-ibasso-dc-03/

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I see. Then I will look into iBasso DC03 like S34MH1 recommended me. One question I have is whether the sound quality is much different from desktop DACs? I've read a thread on head-fi where people describe that the sound is "great for a USB DAC" and people here writing there's no perceptible difference from desktop DACs. What do you think?

Different use cases. I've never tried a dongle dac into a desktop headphone amp so can't comment. If the dac measures well as tested here, why should it sound different to a similarly measuring desktop dac? Both should be transparent. But if driving headphones, I can imagine some headphones need a desktop amp to get the best from so the dongle might not "sound" it's best.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Welcome Aboard @I0000days.

Top Bottom