• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Potential New 3.5mm USB-C Dongles & USB DAC/AMPs

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Tbh the Apple dongle gives full dynamic range for CD quality for 10$. idk if anything can compete with that or if anyone is willing to pay more for a dongle.

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Tbh the Apple dongle gives full dynamic range for CD quality for 10$. idk if anything can compete with that or if anyone is willing to pay more for a dongle.
For something you carry around and may be lost/torn over time, yeah you really can't beat it for the price ;)

DosThou

I mean the market is thriving. People evidently do pay more for a dongle lol.

And honestly, some of them even perform to a point you even question why even bother shelling out for much more if it perfectly fits your use case.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I mean the market is thriving. People evidently do pay more for a dongle lol.

And honestly, some of them even perform to a point you even question why even bother shelling out for much more if it perfectly fits your use case.

well you have to question yourself whether anything better than the Apple dongle has any audible consequences. (DAC wise)

for amplification prowess, it’s a different story. But again no one with a hungry high-end headphones would use a dongle for amplification.

DosThou

you can get substantially better, near top of the line dac performance for $30 though. but I guess if even that is too much you can just settle for $10 apple dongle yeah.

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
[QUOTE =“ DosThou,邮编:563674,会员:4001”]只是想更新一下我终于收到了MU3X,它看起来像是我想要的Type-C加密狗中的所有东西。0-100音量步长,5个增益级,5个可选滤波器,简单易用的界面,Type-C插座,可轻松连接到android和Windows,无需担心电池,永不发热,为IEM提供电源主观上听起来不错,没有嘶嘶声。价格昂贵,但我不介意卖掉我拥有的所有其他加密狗,希望以后不会出现任何怪异的作物。[/ QUOTE]

https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurements-of-musiland-mu3x/

Illtrick

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Well, according to the audio samples they provide, it takes the sound from "clear with missing lows and some audible background noises" to "no background noises but sounding like you're under water". Bleargh.
Did I mention that I hate overactive noise reduction? That "under water" sound is just the worst.

Chesterqw

Well, according to the audio samples they provide, it takes the sound from "clear with missing lows and some audible background noises" to "no background noises but sounding like you're under water". Bleargh.
Did I mention that I hate overactive noise reduction? That "under water" sound is just the worst.
i'm guessing voice quality is probably not their main focus, but rather the removal of noise.

Olrih

guys hi

i am now so confused I’ve been reading for hours to figure out which on is the best for me but because my English is not that good and my experience is zero I would ask you (wich one is best for me?)

- my iem: ibasso it01

- my phon: iPhone 6sp

- my stream service: now is its Deezer i will move to tidel

- my genre: rock and all under it bands like (from of monsters and man to foo fighters) - metal(from thrash to semphonec) - blues (all of kinde specially rock blues ones aaah) sometimes country clasic ones and so rare i am listening to pop.

So I tried my best to tell you please help mr people

192kbps

guys hi

i am now so confused I’ve been reading for hours to figure out which on is the best for me but because my English is not that good and my experience is zero I would ask you (wich one is best for me?)

- my iem: ibasso it01

- my phon: iPhone 6sp

- my stream service: now is its Deezer i will move to tidel

- my genre: rock and all under it bands like (from of monsters and man to foo fighters) - metal(from thrash to semphonec) - blues (all of kinde specially rock blues ones aaah) sometimes country clasic ones and so rare i am listening to pop.

So I tried my best to tell you please help mr people
Luxury & Precision W2

Olrih

Luxury & Precision W2

Thank you for your fast respond

For give me i wrote every thing but i forgot to tell you my budget is 70$ and i was searching about some dongles and that what I achieved until

• Meizu hifi dac pro
  • ibasso dc1
  • ibasso dc2
  • ibasso dc3
  • advanced accessport
  • Ve odyssey
  • DD TC35
  • DD TC35B
  • Ztella Integrated USB-DAC Cable (Standart Version)
  • Ztella Integrated USB-DAC Cable (MQA Version)
  • DD ddHiFi TC25i

If you have suggestion better then above list please tell me

And my friend i like to tell you I like the music in harmony without some boost of lows or highs ruined it ,no one forward to another ,all together listening to the song as it made in studio without ruined it with tuning or something like that. i know it’s too hard achieving that it wants a lot of money but i try my best to achieve it (i am not that rich though i am college student )

And my final question I think it’s stupid but I will ask it anyway for knowledge

What if i want use the dongle or the dac with my 3.5mm jack if I found cable that have male type c or female and male 3.5mm to use the 3.5mm output that on my phone and save the lightning to charging or something else is it work ?

192kbps

Thank you for your fast respond

For give me i wrote every thing but i forgot to tell you my budget is 70$ and i was searching about some dongles and that what I achieved until

• Meizu hifi dac pro
  • ibasso dc1
  • ibasso dc2
  • ibasso dc3
  • advanced accessport
  • Ve odyssey
  • DD TC35
  • DD TC35B
  • Ztella Integrated USB-DAC Cable (Standart Version)
  • Ztella Integrated USB-DAC Cable (MQA Version)
  • DD ddHiFi TC25i

If you have suggestion better then above list please tell me

And my friend i like to tell you I like the music in harmony without some boost of lows or highs ruined it ,no one forward to another ,all together listening to the song as it made in studio without ruined it with tuning or something like that. i know it’s too hard achieving that it wants a lot of money but i try my best to achieve it (i am not that rich though i am college student )

And my final question I think it’s stupid but I will ask it anyway for knowledge

What if i want use the dongle or the dac with my 3.5mm jack if I found cable that have male type c or female and male 3.5mm to use the 3.5mm output that on my phone and save the lightning to charging or something else is it work ?

MEIZU HIFI PRO

Olrih

MEIZU HIFI PRO
really I thought you would say ibasso dc03 because every one is keep pushing it and this Meizu hifi dac pro it’s just for 50$ cheaper then ibasso dc03
anyway Thank you guys for everything you made for me especially S34MH1 clear and short answers with you guys this audiophile community will be bigger ☺️

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

192kbps

U recommend this for me or just for form ?[/
really I thought you would say ibasso dc03 because every one is keep pushing it and this Meizu hifi dac pro it’s just for 50$ cheaper then ibasso dc03
anyway Thank you guys for everything you made for me especially S34MH1 clear and short answers with you guys this audiophile community will be bigger ☺️

MEIZU HIFI PRO is second only to W2.

Top Bottom