• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 224 85.2%

• Total voters

Mark K

Cant wait for my ordered one to arrive...but I wonder if it is powerful enough to drive my HE400se

staticV3

Master Contributor
Cant wait for my ordered one to arrive...but I wonder if it is powerful enough to drive my HE400se
The BHD Pro can drive the HE400se to about 110dB SPL Peak, which is very loud indeed.

It's about six times as loud as my usual listening volume.

tyoma

Hey folks! I'm wondering whether BHD Pro can playback both ASIO and non-ASIO audio simultaneously? Would really appreciate it if someone could check this for me. I'm looking forward to replacing my Apogee Groove with a BHD Pro (for reasons), but this feature is a total deal-breaker for me as I'm working with professional audio.

If someone will be checking this for me - please make sure to have the same sample rate (preferably 48k) set for both ASIO and non-ASIO, as even Apogee Groove won't work with different sample rates, so I can't expect BHD Pro to do this.

Thank you!

VSem

I purchased this device as well as 7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM based on the reviews on this site.. I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but now I often choose this particular bundle to listen to classical music, rather than my favorite $4k monitors. The orchestra is finally playing! Thank you, Amirm!

shoto

What is the nos option?
Are al these firmware options confirmed to work or theyre placeholders?

frankh

Hey folks! I'm wondering whether BHD Pro can playback both ASIO and non-ASIO audio simultaneously? Would really appreciate it if someone could check this for me. I'm looking forward to replacing my Apogee Groove with a BHD Pro (for reasons), but this feature is a total deal-breaker for me as I'm working with professional audio.

If someone will be checking this for me - please make sure to have the same sample rate (preferably 48k) set for both ASIO and non-ASIO, as even Apogee Groove won't work with different sample rates, so I can't expect BHD Pro to do this.

Thank you!
I don't see any reason to use non-ASIO if you're doing professional audio.

t1m9k86

Is anyone using this DAC with an iPhone 15 via USB-C with Roon (ARC or Remote) for playback? It seems there's a bug somewhere in the chain when playing DSD over PCM that produces static. Different firmware versions on the DAC make no difference, and I've connected it to the iPhone as both "Headphones" and "Other USB Device" when prompted, Forgetting all USB Audio Devices in between. Anyone care to weigh in if they're experiencing the same?

Last edited:
Top Bottom