• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please recommend an amplifier for my speakers!

AnLaoJin

This is my speaker specifications and the impedance curve actually tested。
concentro规格.jpg
concentro阻抗曲线.jpg

As shown in the figure, the multiple impedance valleys are only 2.2Ω, which requires a very large current output capability.
Currently, I need a monitor amplifier with absolute transparency and high current. .
The AHB2 stereo cannot meet my sound pressure needs. The AHB2 bridge can not be loaded with a low impedance of 2.2Ω. . .
Please recommend a power amplifier similar to AHB2 transparency. . . Except for category D

Thanks!!!!

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know about similar to AHB2 transaprency. Anthem STR power amp seems like it might be a fit for you?

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah I think getting AHB2 performance with more power will be hard if you want to avoid class D. Halcro have reformed but the Eclipse isn't in production yet. Given the original DM though, it will be transparent.

The new Classe Delta series mono has lots of power (600W into 4 ohms) but distortion higher at ~0.01% average for those loads.

bunkbail

Forum Donor
Elac Concentros? Awesome speakers. Probably need beefier amps like the Hegel H30.
Opera Snapshot_2020-09-11_093646_www.hegel.com.png

OP
AnLaoJin

AnLaoJin

Thank you, but I don't think about hifi amplifiers. What I need is enough monitoring and neutral, not snake oil hifi
Elac Concentros? Awesome speakers. Probably need beefier amps like the Hegel H30.
View attachment 82443
Thank you, but I don't think about hifi amplifiers. What I need is enough monitoring and neutral, not snake oil hifi

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is my speaker specifications and the impedance curve actually tested。
View attachment 82435View attachment 82436

As shown in the figure, the multiple impedance valleys are only 2.2Ω, which requires a very large current output capability.
Currently, I need a monitor amplifier with absolute transparency and high current. .
The AHB2 stereo cannot meet my sound pressure needs. The AHB2 bridge can not be loaded with a low impedance of 2.2Ω. . .
Please recommend a power amplifier similar to AHB2 transparency. . . Except for category D

Thanks!!!!
2 AHB2s. In bridged mono. But with 90dB sensitivity, do you really need so much power? I’m unfamiliar with the ELAC Concentro, how do you like it?

bunkbail

Forum Donor
I don't know what you mean by snake oil. All things considered (high power output, very low impedance driving capability, build quality, country of origin etc.) it is priced appropriately in my opinion. Power is cheap nowadays with class D, but since that you're not going to consider them at all, I'm afraid you're only limited to these higher end products.

OP
AnLaoJin

AnLaoJin

I don't know what you mean by snake oil. All things considered (high power output, very low impedance driving capability, build quality, country of origin etc.) it is priced appropriately in my opinion. Power is cheap nowadays with class D, but since that you're not going to consider them at all, I'm afraid you're only limited to these higher end products.
"It was the perfect high end audio product: Exotic, inefficient, expensive, unavailable, and toxic." Nelson Pass

nm4711

The mentioned amps are no snakeoil. You should really consider Class D if you want this power, but don‘t want to pay this much. Purifi Eigentakt or Hypex nCore for example.

DSJR

Major Contributor
First thing I thought of was (almost) vintage Krell FPB, although at twenty years old, you may need to factor in a damned good service on them. Martin Colloms tested one or two and generally found the performance excellent if their 'cast' system was avoided I recall (distortions well below audible thresholds but maybe not for the spec chasers here) and of course low impedance drive came as standard with the territory.

Just a thought. Not sure if a big Neurochrome 686 would fit the bill to 2 ohms, although I think you need to make them yourself.

Why on earth design speakers with such daft loading? Madness to me, but hey, I'm no longer an audiophile I suppose :D

bunkbail

Forum Donor
"It was the perfect high end audio product: Exotic, inefficient, expensive, unavailable, and toxic." Nelson Pass
??? I'm at a total loss here. What are you trying to convey here?

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How about Crown CDi or DCi? Heaps of power and probably good enough. You'll never find something that matches AHB2 with tons of power, but you don't need to. There's plenty of transparent stuff out there and better performance doesn't make something more transparent.

Colonel Bogey

With something based on the Purifi 1ET400A (425W at 4 Ohm) you can get more power still with tremendous transparency. It can handle 2.2 Ohms and is quite cheap (I have the Audiophonics take on Purifi - 2 channels for 1300 Euro).

But that's maybe not enough power for you. Then the Hypex NC1200 should be a great alternative.

OP
AnLaoJin

AnLaoJin

Who can talk about the advantages of BI-AMP? Does passive bi-amping really work?

OP
AnLaoJin

AnLaoJin

At present, it seems that NC2K is the best choice to ensure sufficient headroom

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Who can talk about the advantages of BI-AMP? Does passive bi-amping really work?
No. The benefit of active bi-amping is to separate the signal into low and high frequency bands, and each of the two amplifiers only has to amplify one of the bands.

Thus, for example, if the source signal is composed of two tones, a 1 V (peak) 100 Hz tone and a 1 V (peak) 5 kHz tone, then each amplifier only needs to amplify a single 1 V (peak) tone. For passive bi-amp without cross-over, each amp still needs to amplify the summation of both tones, which in the worst case is 2 V (peak). Therefore, when the output demand is high and we have voltage clipping, the passive bi-amp is of no help.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
you can bridge as many ABH2 as you want, that will not change the maximum delivered current by a millamp.
500 watts into 4 ohms not enough for you? Running 2 ohm speakers or something?

OP
AnLaoJin

AnLaoJin

The lowest load impedance of AHB2 bridge is 2.7Ω and my speaker is 2.2Ω,,, the stable load impedance of AHB2 bridge is 4Ω and above, which is not suitable for my speaker

Top Bottom