• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

Rate this power cord

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 320 95.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's highly debatable for the one tested here,is off by any look standard.
Obviously taste is subjective but in a visual comparison to a standard AC cord, they look at least, striking.

index.php

Simpex-AC-POWER-CORD-2.jpeg

KenA

There needs to be a parallel review of double-blind listening tests for all of these articles, maybe then the subjectivists would shut up. The first A/B test would be with the Topping DAC vs. one or two of the most revered / expensive DACs out there. I'd bet dollars to donuts that **NO ONE** could hear the difference.
There are a number of reports of listening tests that can be found in the web, for all sorts of equipment from amps to DACs to cables. Here’s one for power cables:
It’s a long read, but the result can be found at the bottom. Here is an extract from the results:
‘The total number of correct answers was 73 out of 149, which amounts to 49% accuracy. That is no more accurate than flipping a coin, and therefore, no statistically significant detection of power cable differences.’

As expected.

KenA

Fancy cable manufacturers exploited a fundamental human weakness: the mental association between looking good and performing well, looking better and performing even more, and looking the best and achieving a god-like status. This has been known since antiquity: both Aeneas and Odysseus were good looking, Emperors and Queens, since Julius Cesar and Cleopatra, were usually portrayed (we would say today photoshopped) according to the Canon of Beauty. It took millennia to discover a process to graph with light the real appearance, and even then, thanks to progress in lighting and make-up, the control of the image soon took over again…Nordost (and many other manufacturers, Chord is another example) had the intuition that bling is often associated with competence in at least a linear fashion. ASR offers to us a fundamental tool to get real beyond this game of mirrors, at least for the reproduction of recorded Music, and it is therefore a positive example of itinerarium ad verum. Thank you Amir!
As I recall, Floyd Toole writes about sighted tests vs blind tests. People cannot ignore what they see and the results get distorted by a bias created when they know factors such as brand, size, price, etc.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Obviously taste is subjective but in a visual comparison to a standard AC cord, they look at least, striking.

index.php

Black,blue,white and gold all in one place?
That's nice only in an rainbow!

(I stop,taste is so personal we can make safe fun with it)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But what about those of us who do listen to the AC mains?

/When I get tired of 1kHz tones. :facepalm:

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
From Mordor’s* Nordost website:
“Blue Heaven range has made a big impact on music enthusiasts and has been converting hifi novices into audiophiles for years.”
This may be the only true, but very sad, part of the story here…

*Even my autocorrect seems to understand what it is about !!! :D

BR52

From Mordor’s* Nordost website:
“Blue Heaven range has made a big impact on music enthusiasts and has been converting hifi novices into audiophiles for years.”
This may be the only true, but very sad, part of the story here…

*Even my autocorrect seems to understand what it is about !!! :D
They are selling competence

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They are selling competence
Sad, but true. "Even you can do something useful!" What a crappy place to be in life.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

BR52

Can we make a double visible test: the same appliance but with all the stuff around like audiophile cable, stand-off, magic stones, etc. compared to the regular I am sure the winner is the first one. It’s human behavior.:facepalm::facepalm:

delta76

Major Contributor
I roll my eyes whenever I see Nordost (or Audioquest).

index.php

they are not stupid. how can they charge 400$ for a power cable? make it looks good!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I roll my eyes whenever I see Nordost (or Audioquest).

they are not stupid. how can they charge 400$ for a power cable? make it looks good!
That helps. But if they promised some bizarre cryogenic mumbo-jumbo etc. they could probably palm off Belden cords, as long as the name was removed.

Top Bottom