• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Yamaha CX-A5300?

CentralCoast

Anyone have info on when we can expect a replacement for the CX-A5200 Home theater processor?

flyzipper

My local retailer is expecting more HDMI 2.1 models from Yamaha before the holiday season (RX-Ax series), but doesn't have a date.

I suspect Yamaha's priority will be...
  • RX-V (immanent)
  • RX-A (soon)
  • CX-A (last)
That said, the AVSForum tread for RX-A 2020 models says Aventage will be delayed until 1st Quarter 2021 (link)

The retailer also noted that Anthem is no longer accepting orders for some MRX models, so a replacement of those is immanent too.

(Xbox Series X ships Nov 10, PS5 ships Nov 12, Black Friday is Nov 27... my guess is we'll see releases in Nov, but it may be limited)

Last edited:

Ivaols

Couldn't find any news at CES about Yamaha CX replacement. Hardly any home theater news at all.

Abe_W

I had a dealer tell me that the the successor to the CX-5200 won't be out till the end of 2022.

Abe_W

Bro, i've been completely jaw dropped by the 5200 pre pro in my atmos setup!! It sounds flipping incredible. Please tell me the successor to this masterpiece will be released soon!!!

danzilla31

Forum Donor
Bro, i've been completely jaw dropped by the 5200 pre pro in my atmos setup!! It sounds flipping incredible. Please tell me the successor to this masterpiece will be released soon!!!
I just bought one and I'm loving it I totally feel the same way!!!

Ellisr63

I just saw an announcement that the new Yamaha AVRs will have Auro3d. I was all ready to sell my 5100 and go with another brand, but now I want to know how long till the new model pre is coming out.

Descartes

Major Contributor
I just saw an announcement that the new Yamaha AVRs will have Auro3d. I was all ready to sell my 5100 and go with another brand, but now I want to know how long till the new model pre is coming out.
Where did you see that?

Mark_1

From the usa yamaha site
59AB5361-783B-4782-B073-095C932F9732.jpeg

Ellisr63

Ivaols

News anyone?

I'm ready for a processor and Yamaha is on top of my list in this price range.

SynthesisCinema

News anyone?

I'm ready for a processor and Yamaha is on top of my list in this price range.

No news. The Yamaha rep said in the clip below that it isn`t coming anytime soon as they are concentrating fully on the new av-receivers first. I wouldn`t be suprised if it would be pushed to 2023. Denon X6700H and Marantz SR8015 has the pre-amp mode which turns internal amps off. They also have 13.2 processing with DTS:X Pro and made in Japan. Otherwise Anthem AVM70 would be something to consider if within budget.

HifiLover

Late to the party, friends, but continuing the thread. We're currently rocking B&W 702 s2, matching center, and 707 s2 surrounds driven by Marantz sr7008. Definitely time to upgrade the avr... We are ready for Atmos and would love to add four height channels. Separates add so much more to the system.

I've been toying with the idea of switching from Marantz to Yamaha. I've read their new AVR's lack the emotion and impact that the SR8015 gives. However, given the fact that the yamaha separates employ a different power supply, as opposed to the other, I would imagine that would help. I'm really hoping we see the CX-A5300 introduced this year as opposed to next. Cheers to all!

Last edited:

lc6

Now that the CX-A5200 and the MX-A5200 have been discontinued, will there ever be -A5300 (or higher-numbered) successors, or is Yamaha out of the AVENTAGE separates business?

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No one knows. The fact they are doing high end 2 ch products including new speakers in Japan gives hope as does Marantz raising the price point of the AV10, but I think the stumbles with the CX-A5200 and RX-A6A have hopefully humbled them enough to spend a bit of extra time. Yamaha continues to spend money on their 108.6 channel surround sound setup at their company museum/showcase does show they are spending R&D money on surround sound.

It will be interesting to see how a RX-A8A measures. It’s less important that it has a sky high SINAD at 4v than it is to make sure the center channel isn’t worse than the front left/right channel or to make sure the XLR outs are as good or better than the RCA outs. The CX-A5100 was the last unit to have consistent performance across the board. Its SINAD is reported as 95 dB only according to Audioholics.

lc6

This whole "A6A center/surround channel SINAD low" is just Gene's little show-off nit because (a) it only comes up at above -9 dBFS (at which point it is masked by a strong signal); and (b) the THD is .05% (inaudible; it is not an increased noise). Plus, Yamaha did not state it was a hardware issue and he has not redone his measurements since December '21 (multiple firmware updates since then). My A6A center/surround channels sound great, same as the mains.

Top Bottom