• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec Subs for 8340 and 8330 in Mch. Dual 7360 or single 7370

wmilas

The one on the corner… oof. What does the glm graph look like once you do the linear and phase correction?

Ellebob

Forum Donor
If you add subs in the back of the room it will help solve room mode problems in the length dimension and help get a more consistent reponse among the seats. You can always add later.

OP
Sprint

Sprint

Forum Donor
The one on the corner… oof. What does the glm graph look like once you do the linear and phase correction?
here it is. Would be great to know your thoughts.

Attachments

• 7360A Right.jpg
    7360A Right.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 45

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If you don’t mind the aesthetics of it it’ll be MUCH easier to integrate into your gsm profile than a pair of 7360s. It’s also considerably more powerful than a pair of 60s.
Hows that? Surface area of two 10" drivers is more than one 12", amp power is 2 x 300W vs 1 x 400W, scattering the subs in the corners is easier than putting one giant box somewhere more up front. Frequency range is the same in both instances.

OP
Sprint

Sprint

Forum Donor
that's exactly why the subs should be in the corners, you power through dips and gain about 10dB of headroom at 20Hz with that, very nice
true...Due to a small dip between 60-70 hz, finally I went with a set up where all my monitors are set to full range with no crossover. Subs handle only LFE. The overall sound in the room to my ears is very satisfying .

Top Bottom