• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Product: Arvus H2-4D Atmos Renderer, Simultaneous 16 channel AES/Balanced Analog/Dante Output

Music1969

Major Contributor
Ask my editor via the Stereophile site. Not sure he will be amenable nor am I sure that I (and others) will be able to commit the time and effort.
I do respond to posts here, there (Stereophile) and almost everywhere as my inclinations permit.

Can you provide your Hapi to @John Atkinson to measure?

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A very exquisite product, but also very expensive, losing its value. There are also Realiser A16 2U products of the same type.

hfusn

Has anyone compared the decoded, analog audio signal coming out of the BALANCED ANALOG outputs on the Arvus H2-4D with the signal one gets from the balanced outs in a device such a Tonewinner AT-300?

Volumetrik

Is there any other news on this processor. It seems to be in stock on their website !

Kamrooz

very nice Info here , thanks all
Quick question is do you agree the

Arvus – H2-4D is better than Meridian 271 ? Or what is your opinion?​

OP
stevenswall

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
very nice Info here , thanks all
Quick question is do you agree the

Arvus – H2-4D is better than Meridian 271 ? Or what is your opinion?​

Is one thing that transports bit perfect audio better than another thing that transports bit perfect audio?

You'd have to be more specific.

The Arvus supports Dante, Which is the most flexible and future-proof connectivity option in the history of the universe, so that might be something to consider, that being said, nobody really uses it, And companies like JBL have portable implementations of it that could be considered broken if you are using that equipment with the Arvus.

Interface wise, The Meridian may have more consumer-friendly options since the Arvus is a professional tool.

If I recall correctly, the meridian 271 is pretty old though right? So it wouldn't support Dolby Atmos, so if by better you mean supporting modern standards, Then the one supporting modern standards is better.

However, unless you can hear a defect with the Meridian 271, chances are You're not going to notice a sound quality difference moving from one digital thing to another, especially for stereo.

Kamrooz

Thanks for your reply, Sorry I’m new and my bad didn’t asked correctly!
I know this fact it’s better use digital processor for Meridian speakers but I found they are many times more expensive than good AVP so I would like to know is this good converter or if there is any other product can do same as h2-4d / 271 for connecting and decoding?

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I know this fact it’s better use digital processor for Meridian speakers but I found they are many times more expensive than good AVP so I would like to know is this good converter or if there is any other product can do same as h2-4d / 271 for connecting and decoding?

The Trinnov Altitude 32 has AES out for its multichannel with Atmos decoding.

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Storm ISP EVO with the AES/EBU or the AES67 output board might be the best option on the market at the moment.
Seems to have one of the best web interfaces and features (like Dirac ART) and is a lot cheaper than the Trinnov

Kamrooz

The Storm ISP EVO with the AES/EBU or the AES67 output board might be the best option on the market at the moment.
Seems to have one of the best web interfaces and features (like Dirac ART) and is a lot cheaper than the Trinnov
agree

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor

Arvus H1-D

Kamrooz

wonder how expensive this little one is!!! With $3250 can buy a good Dac or AVR
So i understand this device work between Active speakers and analog processor and decode and transfer high quality audio and video !

Last edited:
Top Bottom