• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Kii Seven

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
The KH420 is butt ugly and way to old school (no dsp, is no roon endpoint, not wireless) for me. Also not cardioid.

The 8361 is a lot more expensive and misses also some of the Kii Seven features, like cardioid, wireless streaming. And also ugly. Pricewise, the 8351b fits perfectly. Heard them also at the show and they were fantastic.
Which was better 8351 or Kii Seven?

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Which was better 8351 or Kii Seven?
Difficult to say, different rooms, unfamiliar and different music. Both are very good. They were placed differently, the 8351b in an almost nearfield setup, the Seven placed further apart in a bigger room.

The 8351b probably more analytical imho, like looking into the music through a microscope, so precise, but also a little raw. The Seven a little more rounded, enjoyable? But then again, this comparison is flawed. Both are excellent and way better than many of the “colored” and way more expensive offerings at the dutch audio event like voxativ. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Niko Malt

Forum Donor
I was also at the DAE this weekend and heard both setups , to me the Kii's sounded better. I have owned 8351A's for a while and heard the same sound from the 8351B's, a bit flat and speaker sticky. Could have been the music or the room offcourse, didn't listen that long to the Genelecs. My biggest surprise at the show was the Daudio MOB open baffle speaker, what a fantastic dynamic sound these speakers had, really impressive. Also the Grimm's LS1be sounded very good. Most of the other setups dissapointed, although they were mega buck systems, they were clearly flawed by how they were setup in the room or just by design (yeah you audionote..)

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
I was also at the DAE this weekend and heard both setups , to me the Kii's sounded better. I have owned 8351A's for a while and heard the same sound from the 8351B's, a bit flat and speaker sticky. Could have been the music or the room offcourse, didn't listen that long to the Genelecs. My biggest surprise at the show was the Daudio MOB open baffle speaker, what a fantastic dynamic sound these speakers had, really impressive. Also the Grimm's LS1be sounded very good. Most of the other setups dissapointed, although they were mega buck systems, they were clearly flawed by how they were setup in the room or just by design (yeah you audionote..)
I liked the Daudio MOB also, but couldn’t get a solid center image, dealbreaker for me.

I heard the genelec 8351b and they had a great stereo image, lots of things to be heard between and above the speakers. I liked the Kii better for my taste, a little smoother.

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
I wonder if a smaller BXT will follow or even a small subwoofer to integrate?
After hearing them, I think that 90% of the people will be happy with the Kii Seven without a sub.

It’s worlds apart in the bass department from a Kef LS50 or R5 that I have at home. Really, no comparison.

The BXT is not only a bass extension, but also makes the Kii Three a line source system.

I’m one of those people that probably would like to add two subwoofers, so I’m curious what Kii will offer for the Seven.

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Possibly the GGNTKT M1s had a slightly better f3 and I always felt they needed a sub, once you have been used to really full range …
Keith

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
Thanks! I use Qobuz. Is it possible to export it (e.g. as a csv or xml file) so I can import it in Qobuz?
I exported the playlist to a csv file, but asr doesn’t allow these file extensions as an attachment. So I chenged it to .txt. Now you need to change the file extension from .txt to .csv

Attachments

• Dutch Audio Event 2023.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor

Frank2

I haven't figured out how to export a csv file from Qobuz but I exported it to my browser and then did a copy-paste below. You can copy-paste this into a txt file and use a tool like https://soundiiz.com/ to import it in Tidal. The playlist is not very long but contains some nice recordings.

TRACK, ARTIST, ALBUM
Goldbrun: I., Yuri Honing Acoustic Quartet, Goldbrun
Stille, Stille Kommer Vi, Hoff Ensemble, Quiet Winter Night — an Acoustic Jazz Project
Eyes Shut - Nocturne in C Minor, Ólafur Arnalds, The Chopin Project
Cello Sonata No. 7 in D Major I. 84: I. Adagio, Abel Selaocoe, Where is Home / Hae ke Kae
Guitarre Op. 45 No. 2 (arr. G. Lipkind), Gavriel Lipkind, Miniatures & Folklore
Sorry (Live in Tivoli), Kyteman, Sorry
The Saga Of Harrison Crab feathers, Brian Bromberg, Wood
Stars/Feelings (Live), Nina Simone, Live at Montreux 1976
Dentro la tasca di un qualunque mattino, Gianmaria Testa, Solo dal vivo
Meride e Selinunte Act II: "Torbido intorno al core" (Ericlea), Nathalie Stutzmann, Contralto
All That She Wants, Ace Of Base, Happy Nation (U.S. Version) [Remastered]
Drown in My Own Tears (Live), Monty Alexander, The Monty Alexander Trio Live at the Montreux Festival
Tiefseetaucher (Unplugged), Luca, Sleepless - Tiefseetaucher B-Sides
Mule (2012 Remaster), Kenny Burrell, Midnight Blue (2012 Remaster)
All Right Now (Album Version) Free, All Right Now: The Collection
For You, Angus & Julia Stone, Down The Way
Home Again, Michael Kiwanuka, Home Again (Deluxe)
Liberty, Anette Askvik, Liberty
Lomsha, Hadouk Trio, Air Hadouk
Delta Time, Hans Theessink, Delta Time
Bird on the Wire, Leonard Cohen, Songs From A Room
Pneuma, TOOL, Fear Inoculum
The Infernal Machine, Fink, Fink Meets The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
Muse 2 the Pharaoh, Prince, The Rainbow Children
Let's Stay Together, Al Green, Let's Stay Together

chips666

Schermafdruk van 2023-10-14 12-03-52.png

outfaced

the 8351b fits perfectly. Heard them also at the show and they were fantastic.
That's the biggest question in my opinion ... how they compare to 8351B (which sadly also lack of modern connectivity ... roon, smartphone app ... ect )

Reading your opinion i would say, they are more close to D&D then to genelec.

Top Bottom