• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Kii Seven

Music1969

Major Contributor
Some have said Purifi on forums but not seen official confirmation yet.

It would make sense if they are the best amps on the market

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Does anyone know more about the amplifiers used in the Seven? All I have found so far is a reference to "600 watts amplification".
In the case of the 3 they are modules customized to allow both voltage and current drive. Apparently from Purifi. I would be surprised if it was different here.

firedog

Does anyone know more about the amplifiers used in the Seven? All I have found so far is a reference to "600 watts amplification".
Don't remember where I saw it, but Kii confirmed all production of new units is with Purifi modules. Used to be a custom NCore like design.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Music1969

Major Contributor
Shipping starts early next year some time (no word on month yet)

racingpht

I wonder how just a pair of side-firing woofer can do cardioid.
Unless the 5-in midrange is actually a mid-woofer.

Robovox

Forum Donor
IMG_0800.jpeg

I heard a pair of Kii Sevens on demonstration at the Ascot Hifi show over the weekend. Initial listening impressions were excellent, but then again so were the LS60s in KEF's room.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Not sure about that rug, good as surrounds perhaps (not the rug).
Keith

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd love to hear these.

I'd also love them as an option for an immersive setup with a center channel and mounting hardware, but it seems like as much as these could be used for very accurate studio work, they aren't suitable for building an atmos setup.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I’n going to hear them at the dutch audio event this weekend. Will report back, for what it’s worth. Highly subjective and in unfamiliar demo rooms with other people who sometimes just can’t shut up.

vermouth

I'd love to hear these.

I'd also love them as an option for an immersive setup with a center channel and mounting hardware, but it seems like as much as these could be used for very accurate studio work, they aren't suitable for building an atmos setup.
Other than the mounting, it sounds like these are perfect for Atmos, excluding the price needed for so many boxes...

firedog

Other than the mounting, it sounds like these are perfect for Atmos, excluding the price needed for so many boxes...

I'd love to hear these.

Kii specifically touts them as made for ATMOS. Both for home and for studio.
I don't know exactly how it is supposed to work, but I'm sure we will find out.

Arnas

Lots of Standmounts reach this low with single woofer... This is really bad.

Top Bottom