• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
TV (for US buyers):
LG CX OLED
Costco will have both starting on 10/28/20:
- LG 65" CX OLED (plus 3 year AllState/Square Trade warranty) will be US$1,849.99
- LG 77" CX OLED (plus 3 year AllState/Square Trade warranty) will be US$3,449.99

Warehouse Locator: https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locations

Deal posted 3 hours ago on SlickDeals.
It's definitely one of the lowest prices I've seen, plus the additional warranty makes it a clincher.

Best deal I got from a local Vancouver rep is:
- 65" for 2500cad (or 1895usd equivalent), but without extra warranty.
- 77" for 5000cad (or 3791usd equivalent), but without extra warranty.

EDIT:
I hope this qualifies as an audio deal, it's got built-in speakers? lol
Another way to think about it...it will look nice next to your speakers...it's an audio accessory! lol

I have the 48 " cx for my computer display, bought with killer warranty from costfo. It is absolutely excellent. It really begs for hdmi 2.1 input from a pc. I'd get the 85 or so inch if it was sanely priced but it is not. I fear the 77 will not satisfy me. I'm thinking I'll get a ust projector or a cheaper 85 inch TV as a stopgap.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the 48 " cx for my computer display, bought with killer warranty from costfo. It is absolutely excellent. It really begs for hdmi 2.1 input from a pc. I'd get the 85 or so inch if it was sanely priced but it is not. I fear the 77 will not satisfy me. I'm thinking I'll get a ust projector or a cheaper 85 inch TV as a stopgap.

I’m with you. I have an 85” LED and I’d like to go OLED but I’m afraid I’d miss those 8 inches with the LG 77”. :) The LG 88” is $30k. :eek: Maybe someday the price’ll drop out of the stratosphere.

Martin

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m with you. I have an 85” LED and I’d like to go OLED but I’m afraid I’d miss those 8 inches with the LG 77”. :) The LG 88” is $30k. :eek: Maybe someday the price’ll drop out of the stratosphere.

Martin

You want a new Oled 77" to display your D50 screen correctly :rolleyes:
Martin's D50.jpeg

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Just wanted to make you guys aware of affiliate links and how they look like.
I have an extension that will highlight any amazon affiliate links.
Here's the code I wrote, using Stylish (Chrome Extension or Firefox Extension), in case you wish to use it.

Example:
A regular person will see:
1603317985933.png

While I can see this:
1603316211466.png
Anytime you include ?tag=name with an amazon link, that's an affiliate link.
In this particular example, the commission will go to camelcamelcamel.com
Solution is simple of course, just remove ?tag=name (or to make it even simpler, remove everything after ID), so in this case here's the non-affiliate link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085TF38Q3

Here's another great example:
All I see are affiliate links. o_O
1603318172465.png
It's pretty neat, since a lot of websites I visit use amazon affiliate links, so it's easy to spot how people are making money online. :D

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just wanted to make you guys aware of affiliate links and how they look like.
I have an extension that will highlight any amazon affiliate links.
Here's the code I wrote, using Stylish (Chrome Extension or Firefox Extension), in case you wish to use it.

Counterpoint, if you're using a site like CCC, that's obviously providing you a free service getting you a good deal, why not have Amazon throw them some fractions of cents for the click? Most of those kinds of sites are open and honest that they're sending you to an affiliate link for site revenue.

Fake reviews / fake news stories like the CNN one spoiled can pound sand. You can usually Google the text instead of clicking the link and that'll also get you around the referral. But honestly, just don't bother with clickbait trash like that in the first place, respect the worth of your own eyeballs.

Taddpole

Counterpoint, if you're using a site like CCC, that's obviously providing you a free service getting you a good deal, why not have Amazon throw them some fractions of cents for the click? Most of those kinds of sites are open and honest that they're sending you to an affiliate link for site revenue.

Fake reviews / fake news stories like the CNN one spoiled can pound sand. You can usually Google the text instead of clicking the link and that'll also get you around the referral. But honestly, just don't bother with clickbait trash like that in the first place, respect the worth of your own eyeballs.

They didn't say anything was wrong with it, just seems helpful and informative. But yeah if places are up front about it I'm more likely to use the links then. Though if I can go through topcashbackup to get the credit myself I do that tbh.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Active Bookshelf (for US buyers):
Pyle PBKSP22
With bluetooth.
Was US$80, now on sale for US$70 on amazon.com (lowest price in the last year)

I couldnt find any measurements for these, but they were released in July 2019, and already received 1331 reviews with 4.5/5 stars.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Currently tracking around 400 speakers on amazon...o_O
Wait until Christmas deals start...;)
You need to stop... you are costing me money!!!

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Active Bookshelf (for US buyers):
Pyle PBKSP22
With bluetooth.
Was US$80, now on sale for US$70 on amazon.com (lowest price in the last year)

I couldnt find any measurements for these, but they were released in July 2019, and already received 1331 reviews with 4.5/5 stars.

And the Polk PSW10 has 8600 reviews with 4.5/5 stars.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002KVQBA/

Pyle audio electronics have a reputation of being a pile of crap, and yet they still get popular votes. Probably best to imagine those Pyle speakers are like the PSW10. People with no experience with better audio equipment buy them and love them.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Passive Speakers (for US buyers):
Jamo 5.0 (white) speaker set
- 2 of S 801 (4" woofers) bookshelf (US$170 value by itself)
- 2 of S 803 (5" woofers) bookshelf (US$229 value by itself)
- 1 of center channel (US$164 value by itself)
Last time this speaker set was on sale was back in June for US$400. Now on sale on amazon.com for US$219 (basically lowest price in last year, excluding when it was briefly for US$200).
So...if you buy each speaker individually from amazon, it will be a total of approx US$563, but this bundle is for US$219? o_O
Another way of looking at it, it's US$43.80/speaker.

I know Erin measured the tower S 807, although he didn't like it.
But maybe bookshelves were designed better?
How likely is it that the bookshelf doesn't exhibit the same problems as the tower?

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Passive Speakers (for US buyers):
Jamo 5.0 (white) speaker set
- 2 of S 801 (4" woofers) bookshelf (US$170 value by itself)
- 2 of S 803 (5" woofers) bookshelf (US$229 value by itself)
- 1 of center channel (US$164 value by itself)
Last time this speaker set was on sale was back in June for US$400. Now on sale on amazon.com for US$219 (basically lowest price in last year, excluding when it was briefly for US$200).
I think this is the package I already bought. I paid $219 as well.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Weird thing...I can't find this speaker by name (literally copied and pasted the name into search bar) or by searching the ASIN on amazon.com
It's almost like amazon doesn't want people to find this deal?
It's hidden from general public. :eek:
Haven't seen that before...
Before anyone asks, I found the link from another forum.

I think this is the package I already bought. I paid $219 as well.
Amir, if you review it soon before the deal expires, then people can grab it while it's hot. *wink*
By the looks of it, last time (In Feb) this deal lasted approx 10 days before running out of stock. Being Christmas season, I'll expect it to end sooner.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Active Bookshelf:
SVS Prime Wireless Speakers
Usually $600/pair, now for $513/pair on amazon.com (almost lowest price in last year, was $500)

-Posted from mobile, excuse formatting

Top Bottom