• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

RickSanchez

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Cartographer

sweetchaos

Forum Donor
B&H Photo has the Denon AVR-X4700H on sale for $1500 US (down from $1700):
You can read Amir's review of the X4700 here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/denon-avr-x4700-avr-review-updated.14493/

Solid performer in the AVR category at a reasonable price.
Decent deal, but if you're willing to wait more, it was US$1200 (aka 20% more savings over bhphoto deal) on amazon.com on Oct 5.
This tells me it's going to drop to same price before Christmas again.

sweetchaos

Forum Donor
Passive Bookshelf (for US buyers):
Klipsch RP-600M
On sale for US$439 on amazon.com (with lowest price in last year) and target.com (might be on a few others, but haven't checked).

This might be the deal for someone who's on the edge of buying these...but keep in mind what Amir wrote in his review:
Since I have to score the speaker as designed, it gets my worst rating of "stay away." If you have ability to EQ, and you better do if you are hanging around this forum, then you have a good offering.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
- Topping A90 (on sale for US$425, lowest in last year)
Good thing I spent my audio budget for this month or else I'd probably not be able to hold back... and I don't even need it. Also shenzhenaudio has the same prices on their website with free worldwide shipping, so it's not even US only(obviously usual customs and tariffs apply).

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use those everyday at work. Great value for money. I would recommend to EQ them or ask @solderdude to make you a passive filter.
I have a pair. I really like them when I'm in the mood for a little extra bass. And they are very portable. I carried them on a 6-week trip across Japan and Thailand a couple years ago.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

frogmeat69

Just a heads up, Apos Audio is price matching the Amazon Prime Day deals on stuff like the discounted SMSL and topping products.
They are a great company that deserves your business, they treat me great every time I use them.

PSO

Forum Donor
Just a heads up, Apos Audio is price matching the Amazon Prime Day deals on stuff like the discounted SMSL and topping products.
They are a great company that deserves your business, they treat me great every time I use them.
They are very nice and professional. Some businesses speak about good customer service and some (like Apos) show it. I chatted with Dyl and Roberto (Bob), and they made me feel at ease, answering all my questions.

Last edited:
In Canada Prime Cables has 6ft HDMI 2.0 cables on sale for $2.99
https://www.primecables.ca/p-381965...-4k-hdmi-cable-uhd-3d-gold-plated-primecables

Cable Length 6ft
Color Black
Connector Plating Gold
Cable Diameter 8.5mm
Wire Gauge 24AWG
Shielding 75% Braid + 100% Aluminum-Mylar Foil
Jacket Material PVC
Strain Relief Molded PVC
Resolution Ultra HD 4k x 2k (4096 x 2160) @ 60Hz
Chroma Sampling 4:4:4
Bandwidth 18Gbps
Video HDR, Dolby Vision™ and 3D Compatible