• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

gvl

Major Contributor
I don't think any streaming apps bypass the Android mixer. Would you mind trying out your N90Q with this free trial of Neutron Player? What phone and Android version do you have by the way?

Yeah, you're right - checked with another DAC and Qobuz plays at 192kHz all formats as it does with other streaming services, for some reason I thought Qobuz did it right. Oh well. This is an older Sony XPeria X running a 3 y/o or so Android version, at least it doesn't resample hi-res down to 48kHz. I'll see if I can try one of the players you mentioned without going too much off-topic here.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, you're right - checked with another DAC and Qobuz plays at 192kHz all formats as it does with other streaming services, for some reason I thought Qobuz did it right. Oh well. This is an older Sony XPeria X running a 3 y/o or so Android version, at least it doesn't resample hi-res down to 48kHz. I'll see if I can try one of the players you mentioned without going too much off-topic here.
The app has nothing to do with it- the resampling affects all apps except those like UAPP, Neutron, Onkyo player and Hiby's player which bypass the resampling.

gvl

Major Contributor
The app has nothing to do with it- the resampling affects all apps except those like UAPP, Neutron, Onkyo player and Hiby's player which bypass the resampling.

Qobuz could be on that list too, so it's all about the app.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Qobuz could be on that list too, so it's all about the app.
No. Qobuz cannot bypass resampling. The only way to stream Qobuz on an Android phone and bypass resampling and allow the onboard DAC "do its thing" is via UAPP. As far as I know none of the others allow for streaming, only files stored locally.

gvl

Major Contributor
Qobuz cannot bypass resampling.

Given those players you mentioned can do it Qobuz app could be made to bypass Android mixer as well if the company wanted to spend money on this feature. Apparently they didn't. It's all about the app.

MacCali

Major Contributor
At that price, I bought a second pair so I don’t have to schlep one between home and office! Thanks (I think)!
I mentioned and saw this post for this item in another forum. They sell on amazon for like 25 dollars more without this sale, think that was just the original msrp but they dont run that price now based on what they are going for

MacCali

Major Contributor
AKG N700NC M2 are quite good, and even better at $125 instead of the (likely illusory, given that they have been around the current price for a couple weeks) $350ish MSRP. They are surprisingly comfortable given the teeny pads. (Your outer earlobe kind of slides under the top-back edge of the pad, which sounds awful but seems to work pretty well.) Makes K371 BT a harder sell IMO.

Best of all, they can connect to two devices, rather than having to pair and unpair if you want to use them with both your crappy work windows thing and your iPhone or Mac at home. Also have an iOS app with FR curve drawing that I haven't played with.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Over-Ear-Foldable-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B07X1DWBVW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3M3K4LL2IBMZQ&dchild=1&keywords=akg+n700nc+m2&qid=1614456198&sprefix=akg+n70,aps,162&sr=8-3
sorry didn't read this lol

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Price history on Amazon shows the N700NC M2 was released in Oct 2019 and maintained a $300ish sell price til May 2020. It dropped gradually and in January 2021 it was down to $150ish. So, as jhaider points out, $125 is not a huge discount from recent pricing, but the N700NC M2 was designed to sell for $300. Of course, if they were flying out the door at $300 like Bose headphones, the $125/$95 price would not exist.

For the record, I have big head/ears and find them comfortable. All the the ANC headphones I have tried have relatively tight clamp and small cups which I think has to do with trying to get high passive noise reduction. The AKGs are about the best ANC deal I know of now, but I think the CLEER FLOW ANC Headphones for $70 at B&H are very competitive as well.

Super Cheap $10 ANC Deal - FIIL Driifter Pro Neckband ANC headphones with hybrid Knowles Balanced Armature + Dynamic drivers are closed out at $10 on Amazon. These are active NC (not just NC for the mic). Originally released Sept 2019 at $110 on Amz, they were at $60 in Nov 2020 and $30 Jan 2021. An audiophile slight smile sound sig. I bought at $30 and just got another set for backup.

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
Price history on Amazon shows the N700NC M2 was released in Oct 2019 and maintained a $300ish sell price til May 2020. It dropped gradually and in January 2021 it was down to $150ish. So, as jhaider points out, $125 is not a huge discount from recent pricing, but the N700NC M2 was designed to sell for $300. Of course, if they were flying out the door at $300 like Bose headphones, the $125/$95 price would not exist.

For the record, I have big head/ears and find them comfortable. All the the ANC headphones I have tried have relatively tight clamp and small cups which I think has to do with trying to get high passive noise reduction. The AKGs are about the best ANC deal I know of now, but I think the CLEER FLOW ANC Headphones for $70 at B&H are very competitive as well.
I bought some clears on black friday, they are are alright. Enduro's. No ANC. it was ~$50 with BF deal plus promo. I know the flow is better, but the sound I guess to me is either veiled or muffled. Not sure which one is better or the precise issue.

I dont know about these wireless headphones in general. I do wires and I got a pair of Elex as my main headphones I use daily. I got a few wireless headphones to see what works best, most open box or demo units and did not like them. Sennheiser 458 bt which is just a different color variation of the 450's I believe, and it has this annoying hiss all the time. Used the app to bring it down a bit with EQ but it was still crap, not sure if anything really changed or the volume of the hiss was reduced only. returned.

Then I got the beyerdynamics lagoon/traveler ANC same headphones just a different color scheme. Those were good, and I got them open box for 175. But I decided to return them after i got my pair of Master & Dynamics MW65.

I'm not a master of audio or golden ears to really depict what's good, but my comparison is solely based on what sounds wired and those are my results.

Not sure if there is any difference, but I got the lambo edition, and no I dont care about lambos. But the color scheme was much better than all the other options which is black and dark grey with carbon fiber accents, it was 400 and retails for 549. Comes with velour pads rather than the leather on the original MW65 and they say it has Be drivers. I would assume Be coated, but who knows.. very hard time believing they are pure Be But those headphones are excellent for a wireless option and honestly whatever is going on with ANC, I prefer it on rather than off and they sound really good. In comparison to all the other headphones I mentioned ANC literally pillaged the sound and I always used the others I mentioned with ANC off. Better than the beyerdynamics for sure, I had both at the same time.

I really dont like to spend a large amount of money on wireless headphones cause I would be hunting forever on that rabbit hole. But if I had any suggestions the Beyerdynamics is definitely the go to at that price vs dishing out so much more the MW65, but guaranteed those 65's do not disappoint in any aspect and I guess would sound most natural frequency wise.

Crazy thing is people chatting about the Airpod max's, and no one really ever giving a real review to the 65's. I can wager the 65's crap all over the maxs sound wise, and a 10 min charge gives like 8 hours of listening time.

Only two that still got me guessing if I want to buy them, for certain guessing on that NAD xx70's or cant recall the model. Saw them for 125 somewhere, 150 on drop atm; discontinued. And the Grado GW100 which I hear from many people are amazing, but they are open back good luck with any NC on those guys.

Just to note, fyi prior to this I had a pair of JBL wireless headphones which I got on sale for 15 and I used those for about 3 years just cause who can go wrong with a 15 dollar investment. They still works but the pads are done for, so I decided to get something "decent"

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought some clears on black friday, they are are alright. Enduro's.....I know the flow is better, but the sound I guess to me is either veiled or muffled.

My 67yo ears cannot reliable judge frequency response as much as they once could. I can tell if headphones have reduced treble, these do not I think. CLEER's parent is the OEM for JBL headphones, and I think the build, comfort, features and sound sig are pretty similar to the JBL Elite 750NC, but with perhaps a bit less smile. They have some enhanced features relative to the JBLs, like Aptx-HD and LDAC codex. Also interesting drivers, "Ironless" (by which they mean pole-less) magnesium coated 40mm. Your Enduro's use the same driver, so it is possible the sound sig is the same.

MacCali

Major Contributor
My 67yo ears cannot reliable judge frequency response as much as they once could. I can tell if headphones have reduced treble, these do not I think. CLEER's parent is the OEM for JBL headphones, and I think the build, comfort, features and sound sig are pretty similar to the JBL Elite 750NC, but with perhaps a bit less smile. They have some enhanced features relative to the JBLs, like Aptx-HD and LDAC codex. Also interesting drivers, "Ironless" (by which they mean pole-less) magnesium coated 40mm. Your Enduro's use the same driver, so it is possible the sound sig is the same.
Yea the ironless was my buying point too. But for 50 dollars I can’t be mad and for 50 they are worth it. But let’s not bring this conversation to the deals thread

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 Floorstanding (UF52)
Was US$600/ea, now on sale for US$500/ea (16% drop) on amazon.com
Lowest price ever.

KRK RP5 Rokit 5 G4
Was US$179/ea, now on sale for US$150/ea (16% drop) on amazon.com
Black, white.
Lowest price in the last year.

DALI Spektor 2
Was US$350/pair, now on sale for US$300/pair (14% drop) on amazon.com
Walnut, black
Note: Amazon listing for walnut colour doesn't specify whether it's pair or single. Q/A someone answered it's a pair. Musicdirect shows same price for pair, so i'm guessing it's pair.

SVS Prime Bookshelf
Normally US$500/pair, now on sale for US$400/pair (20% drop) on amazon.com

Fostex 6301ND
Was US$300/ea, now on sale for US$276/ea (8% drop) on amazon.com

For Canadians...
Genelec 8050B
Normally CDN$2000/ea, now there's amazon.ca warehouse deal (aka returned item) for CDN$1348 (33% drop) on amazon.ca

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
SVS PB-1000
Was US$500, now on sale for US$450 (10% drop) on amazon.com
Seller: amazon directly.
Shows 2 in stock.... update: now shows 7 in stock.

This looks to be the beginning of clearance sales...since PB-1000 PRO was just released for the US$600.

Speaking of subs...this is a good time to mention that I've created a subwoofer comparison spreadsheet.
Total of 1400 unique subwoofer models...plus 279 models with CEA-2010-A data. :D

Last edited:

TimW

Major Contributor
Maybe this has been posted before but I just picked up some JBL Control X Indoor/Outdoor speakers for $99.99 with free shipping on ebay. This is from the official Harman Audio store and they are marked as New. I've seen them on sale for $129.99 from the JBL website but right now they are listed at the regular price of $349.95.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Maybe this has been posted before but I just picked up some JBL Control X Indoor/Outdoor speakers for $99.99 with free shipping on ebay. This is from the official Harman Audio store and they are marked as New. I've seen them on sale for $129.99 from the JBL website but right now they are listed at the regular price of $349.95.
Too bad they're black. I could use 2-4 for outdoors in white.

Top Bottom