• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

ta240

Major Contributor
It says “pair” in the description, but right below is an offer for a “2-pack” of the same speaker for double the price. Sold by Adorama. I’d figure out how to contact someone before purchasing.

I emailed them to ask if it was really for both speakers and they said "Please be advised that the price listed on Amazon is for both of the speakers." And then the listing quickly changed to "Currently unavailable ".

m_g_s_g

Forum Donor
I forgot to post that you can get a discount on the Sennheiser official store if you register for their newsletter. I didn't check today if it's still available.
Yep. Still available. 52A50CEC-97BA-48F9-AB6A-759DCF15E169.jpeg

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can't believe they're doing the R253 for 159.99ea also. And that includes free shipping on a tower. I feel like it must cost them at least $50 to ship these things. Not sure how they don't lost money on this deal.
Too bad the 3-way center channel seems to be unavailable.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
AKG N700NC M2 are quite good, and even better at $125 instead of the (likely illusory, given that they have been around the current price for a couple weeks) $350ish MSRP. They are surprisingly comfortable given the teeny pads. (Your outer earlobe kind of slides under the top-back edge of the pad, which sounds awful but seems to work pretty well.) Makes K371 BT a harder sell IMO.

Best of all, they can connect to two devices, rather than having to pair and unpair if you want to use them with both your crappy work windows thing and your iPhone or Mac at home. Also have an iOS app with FR curve drawing that I haven't played with.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Over-Ear-Foldable-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B07X1DWBVW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3M3K4LL2IBMZQ&dchild=1&keywords=akg+n700nc+m2&qid=1614456198&sprefix=akg+n70,aps,162&sr=8-3

bobbooo

Major Contributor
Last 18 hours of a sale on the very strange factory refurbished AKG N90Q Wired Active Over Ear Headphones for $300 in subtle black or ostentatious gold. Originally released in 2015 at $1500, they have DACs, Amps, Tone and Imaging Adjustments as well as auto equalization and Quincy Jones approval built in. The auto equalization is based on the shape of your ears, not your hearing. They come with a lot of stuff including a power bank for recharging, a genuine leather pouch, and a ridiculously huge gold hard case. Mine came with it all and looked new but for the brown shipping box.

I really like mine....but Harman/AKG have a lot of refurbs so my guess is many people don't.

AKG N90Q..randomly 1 becomes available for $300?

https://www.harmanaudio.com/akg/N90+Q.html

Periodically I check above. It 'always' is Sold Out. Except Black ones just a few minutes ago. . Went thru the Order process, cc, confirmation, shipment 2/25.. Looks like it's ordered. We shall see..

Checked again right after ordering so I could report sudden availability here. Sold Out once more.

Seems a weird duck, and 5 year old technology. Couldn't find a lot on it. But guessing for $300 I can likely resell it for that if it doesn't suit..

Edit: just got a confirming email from Harmon..:)

They've been randomly doing $300 sales for a while now. I got my pair from there for the same price. It's definitely a unique headphone.

Have any of you guys got your AKG N90Q to work via USB input from an Android phone using an app that bypasses the Android audio mixer (and its resampling) e.g. Neutron Player, UAPP or Onkyo HF Player? Because I've been having problems with this on my N90Q.

Maki

Have any of you guys got your AKG N90Q to work via USB input from an Android phone using an app that bypasses the Android audio mixer (and its resampling) e.g. Neutron Player, UAPP or Onkyo HF Player? Because I've been having problems with this on my N90Q.
One of those tasty silica gel packets exploded in my box and went all over my bed, I wasted half a snack to test it for you. No problem on my end with neutron player. If I switch to YouTube or something it will stop working and have to reconnect to work again.

bobbooo

Major Contributor
One of those tasty silica gel packets exploded in my box and went all over my bed, I wasted half a snack to test it for you. No problem on my end with neutron player. If I switch to YouTube or something it will stop working and have to reconnect to work again.

Oh no! Thanks for testing. Strange it only works sporadically for me...it works everytime with Neutron for you? What phone and Android version do you have? And what's your connection to the phone exactly e.g. the supplied AKG USB cable attached to a USB-A to USB-C OTG (On-The-Go) adapter? When you plug the switched-on headphones into the phone do you see a message saying 'Allow Neutron Player to access AKG N90'? (Most of the time this says 'null' when I plug them in, and only very occasionally AKG N90). Then in Neutron, when playing say a 44.1 kHz sample-rate file, on the track playback screen if you repeatedly tap the three vertical dots at the bottom-right of Neutron to cycle through the displayed info, what is written in each of the two lines e.g. '16-bit 44.1kHz 1.4Mbps FLAC' for the file info and '24-bit 44.1kHz STEREO PCM' for the output info? And finally, while playing, if you tap the Settings cogwheel at the top-right, then scroll down and tap 'Audio Hardware', what is displayed to the right of 'DRV'?

warthor

When do revel speakers typically go on sale? I am looking to get the KEF r series or Performa3Be, but would rather wait for a sale. Maybe I will buy a subwoofer in the meantime to satisfy my urge to upgrade...

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
AKG N700NC M2 are quite good, and even better at $125 instead of the (likely illusory, given that they have been around the current price for a couple weeks) $350ish MSRP. They are surprisingly comfortable given the teeny pads. (Your outer earlobe kind of slides under the top-back edge of the pad, which sounds awful but seems to work pretty well.) Makes K371 BT a harder sell IMO.

Best of all, they can connect to two devices, rather than having to pair and unpair if you want to use them with both your crappy work windows thing and your iPhone or Mac at home. Also have an iOS app with FR curve drawing that I haven't played with.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Over-Ear-Foldable-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B07X1DWBVW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3M3K4LL2IBMZQ&dchild=1&keywords=akg+n700nc+m2&qid=1614456198&sprefix=akg+n70,aps,162&sr=8-3

I picked up a pair. For $125 they're definitely pretty good. They're a little too uncomfortable for me for long trips where the ANC would be useful. But they'll certainly work well when I'm vacuuming the house :)

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When do revel speakers typically go on sale? I am looking to get the KEF r series or Performa3Be, but would rather wait for a sale. Maybe I will buy a subwoofer in the meantime to satisfy my urge to upgrade...
Pretty sure they don't. You need to find a dealer near you and ask for a deal.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I picked up a pair. For $125 they're definitely pretty good. They're a little too uncomfortable for me for long trips where the ANC would be useful. But they'll certainly work well when I'm vacuuming the house :)

They have an interesting fit, or at least one I’ve never previously experienced. The top-back cartilage ridge kind of goes under the pad. I’ve found them pretty comfortable, surprisingly so.

gvl

Major Contributor

The Qobuz app which presumably does that works fine, but I have no way to confirm it actually bypasses the mixer. Sounds good tho.

bobbooo

Major Contributor
The Qobuz app which presumably does that works fine, but I have no way to confirm it actually bypasses the mixer. Sounds good tho.

I don't think any streaming apps bypass the Android mixer. Would you mind trying out your N90Q with this free trial of Neutron Player? What phone and Android version do you have by the way?

Last edited:
Top Bottom