• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

PeterMac

I tested Loxjie A30 with optical connection on different sampling frequences, 44,1kHz, 88,2kHz, 96kHz, 176kHz. Everything work nice and change sampling and show on display.
Now I can listen SACD's on Foobar2000 with SACD plugin with set output to PCM @176.2kHz.

PeterMac

In Optical connection it display, on USB not.

JoostE

Anyone tried pairing this amp with the Q acoustic 3020i (or similar?)
A friend is looking for a small set to use with TV

quadrobust

Anyone tried pairing this amp with the Q acoustic 3020i (or similar?)
A friend is looking for a small set to use with TV
I tried this pairing briefly. They sound pretty nice together. For a small setup for TV I think it will be more than enough to beat most soundbars. Subjectively I still like the Aiyima A07 better with the 3020i as a desktop setup. Since I already have the Topping DX7 pro I don't really need the DAC function of the Loxjie, so it's currently sitting in my closet.

mvnchies

Hi... anyone else had the issue where it just starts playing static noise instead of whatever it is you're playing?

I am not sure it has to do with USB on my TV (Sony XH95) or the amplifier itself... or Spotify? I use Spotify High Quality on the TV.

trying to replicate the issue now with limited success,
but if I fixed it, I suppose it has to do with USB3 vs USB2 ports on my TV.

just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and knows why it's happening, and if/how they fixed it :)

PeterMac

mvnchles - maybe try to connect via spdif with TV. I had connect with PC via USB 3,0 HUB and was no any problems.

mvnchies

mvnchles - maybe try to connect via spdif with TV. I had connect with PC via USB 3,0 HUB and was no any problems.
I was using USB 2 port, now it's USB 3 and haven't encountered the issue again yet...
will try SPDIF if it keeps being a booboo, thank you!

mvnchies

Are you sure that is USB output, not USB input on your TV?

well, it plays just fine now... it sounds the same as if I use it on my PC!
it was playing fine at first with the USB2 port, but then all of a sudden it just blasted static noise instead of the music, in the middle of a song.

quadrobust

well, it plays just fine now... it sounds the same as if I use it on my PC!
it was playing fine at first with the USB2 port, but then all of a sudden it just blasted static noise instead of the music, in the middle of a song.
Is the audio out from your TV set to stereo? Sometimes if the audio is in 5.1 or 7.1 the A30 will just blast static noise because it can’t decode them.

mvnchies

Is the audio out from your TV set to stereo? Sometimes if the audio is in 5.1 or 7.1 the A30 will just blast static noise because it can’t decode them.

ahh very interesting, I'll try setting all of them to Stereo then.
thank you very much!!

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Would the Loxjie A30 be sufficient to power a pair of Klipsch R-51m that are rated at 91db. I plan to put it in a room 20ft x 12ft next to a TV.

Vin1396

Hello all guys, sorry for my english, we are discussing on a forum about usb imput. Please could someone confirm us that the usb imput will use alc4050 as dac chip and NOT use dac chip es9023? Or alc4050 is just a converter that coincidentally use es9023 imput?
Thanks all in advance!

P.S. Using digital audio files (192/24) is it worth something like this: InLine Convertitore audio da USB HD Hi-Fi a Digital Coax/Toslink/I2S https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00DP7PWIK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_30H0A3M5PVC45J6N7B4H

LaCroix

My music source is an old Android (with buggy Bluetooth). It's running tidal as well as playing locally stored flacs, outputting with a hiby FC3 USB C to 3.5mm DAC.

What would be the best way to connect the phone with the USB DAC to the loxjie while avoiding bluetooth and without introducing any noise? Should I just get a 3.5mm to RCA cable? Or can the phone connect via OTG USB? Or is there another option that anyone can suggest?

Last edited:

bjd1

There's only one way to connect your phone to the A30 via the Hiby FC3. Since the FC3 is a DAC, it puts out an analog music signal from its 3.5mm phono jack. The A30 doesn't have a 3.5mm "aux in" port, so you will need a 3.5mm to dual-RCA cable or adapter. Or you can set the FC3 aside, and connect your phone directly to the A30's USB port with an appropriate cable. There is a micro-USB port on the back of the A30, so depending on the age of your cable collection you might need an adapter here as well. But in any case, with the A30's USB port you'd be using the A30's own internal DAC chip.

Which is the best way, with the lowest noise? You could find the specs and identify the exact DAC chips in the 2 devices, and probably find people on the web discussing the differences. But since it seems like you already own the FC3, why not just try it both ways and see which one you like best with your preferred music, your speakers/headphones, your room, your ears.

LaCroix

There's only one way to connect your phone to the A30 via the Hiby FC3. Since the FC3 is a DAC, it puts out an analog music signal from its 3.5mm phono jack. The A30 doesn't have a 3.5mm "aux in" port, so you will need a 3.5mm to dual-RCA cable or adapter. Or you can set the FC3 aside, and connect your phone directly to the A30's USB port with an appropriate cable. There is a micro-USB port on the back of the A30, so depending on the age of your cable collection you might need an adapter here as well. But in any case, with the A30's USB port you'd be using the A30's own internal DAC chip.

Which is the best way, with the lowest noise? You could find the specs and identify the exact DAC chips in the 2 devices, and probably find people on the web discussing the differences. But since it seems like you already own the FC3, why not just try it both ways and see which one you like best with your preferred music, your speakers/headphones, your room, your ears.
The loxjie is still in the mail so I can't test it just yet. But you're correct I already have the FC3. I get the feeling the DAC in the FC3 and the loxjie are both low end, so I was worried they'd introduce noise. I've only ever used dacs with basic IEMs but I just got my first pair of speakers (wharfedale diamond 225) so that's why I just ordered the loxjie.

Are my worries of DACs causing noise unwarranted? This is my first pair of bookshelf speakers so I don't know what I'm doing to be honest, but I do listen at very low volumes so noise worries me.

If you think it would be beneficial, I'd be willing to spend up to $300 USD on a DAC and then plug the phone via USB into the DAC. (Or I could get a raspi)

Top Bottom