• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

jbchi

For anyone that has integrated a Minidsp for room correction, which volume control are you using? I'm planning to pick up either a Flex (digital) or SHD Studio shortly.

GA16SE

LS60 Wireless Speaker Firmware, version 2.0
  • AirPlay library updated
  • Tidal Connect library updated
  • Spotify library updated
  • Roon Ready library updated
  • Bluetooth version updated to Bluetooth 5.0
  • Various playback improvements and bug fixes
  • Fixed Bluetooth connection issues
  • Fixed Bluetooth no audio when connected
  • Improved NAS drive discovery and accessing content
  • Auto-switch to TV source (enabled by default). Addresses the use case, when a user is playing audio e.g. in Wi-Fi source and turns on the TV. The speaker will now automatically switch to the TV source
  • Added UI indication when a non-PCM signal is detected in TV source (alternating Cyan/Magenta)
  • Play queue limit increased up to 1000 tracks

Unfortunately, no more sophisticated room acoustic correction.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1000022845.png
1000022847.png
1000022848.png
1000022890.png

Last edited:

DearSX

Does it say PS score of 7.6?? That is very high! Looks like a very good alternative to Buchardt, Neumann, Genelec etc. and on sale too!

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
It is also great that Erin got the Klippel extension for tower speakers, because I am missing spins on towers. We see mainly Bookshelfs here and from Erin in recent years. Sure shipping costs and handling still remains an obstacle.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I may have found a solution for the slow wifi speed causing drop outs on my Kef LS60, by disabling the wifi 2.4G setting / band on my wifi router.

Will check the next days, but everything seems better now. The LS60 connected to the 2.4G wifi of my router, which also sends 5G wifi. By disabling it, the LS60 now selects the much faster 5G connection. You can’t select it in the kef app yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1076.jpeg
    IMG_1076.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 32

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
I may have found a solution for the slow wifi speed causing drop outs on my Kef LS60, by disabling the wifi 2.4G setting / band on my wifi router.

Will check the next days, but everything seems better now. The LS60 connected to the 2.4G wifi of my router, which also sends 5G wifi. By disabling it, the LS60 now selects the much faster 5G connection. You can’t select it in the kef app yourself.
In my router I set the SSID of the 2.4G net differently from the 5G net, so I can better control to which my devices connect (eg SSID Wifi_2.4G vs Wifi_5G or whatever suits you as a descriptor)

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've always used different names. You might check which channels are being used as well. The router should show how many connections are on each channel if you're in an congested area you can change to one that has the fewest.

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
I've always used different names. You might check which channels are being used as well. The router should show how many connections are on each channel if you're in an congested area you can change to one that has the fewest.
Hadn’t thought of it previously, but that is also a nice way to fix this.

But only a few % of people know how to do this.

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
Contrary to my earlier post, the wifi speed again keeps on dropping, also on the 5G connection, till playback has dropouts or hickups. :facepalm:

Sick of it!

I’m gonna use a ethernet cable now, which is RIDICULOUS.

@Kef fix this asap. @jackocleebrown

Attachments

• IMG_1080.png
    IMG_1080.png
    255 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Muddywaters

Forum Donor
Contrary to my earlier post, the wifi speed again keeps on dropping, also on the 5G connection, till playback has dropouts or hickups. :facepalm:

Sick of it!

I’m gonna use a ethernet cable now, which is RIDICULOUS.

@Kef fix this asap.
Do you have access to an alternative streamer just to test to ensure it isn’t something to do with the WiFi? Laptop, WiiM Mini etc. maybe you’ve already verified it?

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
Wifi’s fine, speed in the same place on my ipad over 300 mbit/s.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.jpeg
    IMG_1083.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 21

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wifi’s fine, speed in the same place on my ipad over 300 mbit/s.
There's the problem the iPad is using all the bits!

I don't know what it is about WiFi and things like TVs, speakers, etc.. but I've always had problems with them. Phones, tablets, laptops in the same room even moved to the same spot in the room no problem. I ended up running a wire and have a switch in my TV console where I connect by wire.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can sit out on my patio and get great reception on my tablet , laptop, phone but try to stream WiFi to the TV or streamer or Sonos soundbar, in the living room closer to the router, forget it.

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
I can sit out on my patio and get great reception on my tablet , laptop, phone but try to stream WiFi to the TV or streamer or Sonos soundbar, in the living room closer to the router, forget it.
I said the iPad is in the exact same place reaching these speeds.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried the LS60 back when they came out never could get WiFi to work right on them. Doesn't work on my TV worth a crap, nor my Sonos ARC or Sony streamer or any wireless streamer I've had. When I say doesn't work I mean I don't have seamless playback. But I put a tablet, phone, laptop in the same area I get great speeds and reception. I've tried a new router, adding access points and moving the router and Restricting access and assigning channels. I don't get it so to avoid the hassle of WiFi I have a switch in my TV console and everything gets wired. No problems, no drop outs no pixelated screen everything simply works.

Lagtime

Not that it helps your specific issue, but I've been streaming Apple Lossless via Airplay to my LS60s many hours a day for the week I've had them, and it's been 100% flawless. They are connected to the 2.4 GHz band on my mesh network, and per the KEF app I'm averaging 23Mbps connection speeds.

Top Bottom