• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the forum on a go slow today?

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I’ve noticed the page hangs every time I've tried to load a new page and often returns an error, is there work going in the backgroun?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just refreshed a few times, no problem. Maybe your connection is slow?

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Nothing to do with connection, only this forum at the moment on IOS 17.2 on iPad

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing to do with connection, only this forum at the moment on IOS 17.2 on iPad
The internet being what it is, there may be a server between you and ASR that's acting up.

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Possibly, I do live in the arse end of nowhere in Galloway Scotland. Perhaps the internet is blocked with all the debris being washed into the drains.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Possibly, I do live in the arse end of nowhere in Galloway Scotland. Perhaps the internet is blocked with all the debris being washed into the drains.
Where I live, "high speed" internet is by wireless connection to a receiver on my chimney. I feel your pain.

EdW

I’m seeing the same thing here in Cambridge (just north of London for non UK folk). Broadband speed test shows 150Mbit/s so that’s
OK.

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Perhaps a us/uk server issue then, my broadband is currently at 34Mbit/s

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I‘m just back from mums and tried loading ASR on her iPad, same issue with ASR, not with other websites from the US/Europe etc, either I’m jinxed or there is a blocked internet pipe somewhere that leads to my area in Scotland. ;)

EdW

I‘m just back from mums and tried loading ASR on her iPad, same issue with ASR, not with other websites from the US/Europe etc, either I’m jinxed or there is a blocked internet pipe somewhere that leads to my area in Scotland. ;)
I reckon it’s possibly UK wide - still issues for me. Perhaps other countries adjacent also?

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
maybe you just got shadowbanned/geoblocked, did you take a leak onto someone's lawn here lately?:p

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
but on a serious note, on almost any OS you can do a network traceroute from yourself to the host you're visiting (either by name or IP), there might be a temporary downtime on a hosting site strictly from your overseas connection hub (probably Ireland fpr you guys towards a cloudflare cluster on the east coast od the US, for me it was mostly originating from a french site)

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
maybe you just got shadowbanned/geoblocked, did you take a leak onto someone's lawn here lately?:p

Hmmm?, would hammering frozen sausages into a mods carefully coiffered garden lawn count?
;)

blackmetalboon

I’m UK based, albeit the sunny rainy south coast. The site has been absolutely fine for me today.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Same as LTig for me. Not normal, but there are days now and then when I have the same problem and my connections are fine, internet fine etc etc.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
When it happens to me, it happens from any machine in my home. Also appens on my phone over the cell network. Which may be miles from my home. I'll get nothing, then maybe get a slow load, and slow response when switching forums. Might last part of a day, then it is normal.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I checked the system performance for last 24 hours and there are no indications of any slowdown. Likely it is a backbone, ISP issue. Keep reporting them though in case it is a problem with the origin server.

Top Bottom