• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Error when loading notifications - anyone else experience this?

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For the past couple of months, I often get an error when I go to the homepage, see a red numerical badge indicating I have new notifications, and click on the notification-bell icon at the top of the page.The notifications start to load, but then an error message pops up:

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 12.35.10 AM.png

Reloading the page always fixes the problem, so it's not a big deal. But I was wondering if anyone else has run into this.

I use Safari, and this happens on both of my Macs (M1 iMac and MacBook Air) and in iOS on my iPhone.

Thanks!

Galliardist

Major Contributor
For the past couple of months, I often get an error when I go to the homepage, see a red numerical badge indicating I have new notifications, and click on the notification-bell icon at the top of the page.The notifications start to load, but then an error message pops up:

View attachment 290710

Reloading the page always fixes the problem, so it's not a big deal. But I was wondering if anyone else has run into this.

I use Safari, and this happens on both of my Macs (M1 iMac and MacBook Air) and in iOS on my iPhone.

Thanks!
I've had this happen occasionally on an iPhone if I go to notifications after reading posts on a few pages. Reloading fixes it, as noted. I use Safari there. I've not noticed it anywhere else though.

OP
tmtomh

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, does that happen with a fresh page load?

Yes, with a fresh load. Only happens sometimes. It's weird - sometimes it will happen every time I visit the site for a couple of days; other times it's much more intermittent. Again, not a big deal, more just curious.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've seen it as well but didn't care enough to investigate ;). I've only seen this on the phone while traveling though, so I blamed the internet connection.

Top Bottom