• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the forum on a go slow today?

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I’d say 30% of the time I receive the message “safari couldn’t open the page as the server stopped responding“ so I refresh the page and I get little bars on the top right hand side as if it’s doing something then get the message above - seems totally random as to when a page request will hang or load as normal

Cleared all cookies/cache/opened new browser tab on all devices such as iMac/ipad/iPhone and still get the same issue, i tried a bunch of US based websites and they're all fine, dunno what the issue could be :confused:

formdissolve

Forum Donor
Maybe the sharks are attacking the optical cables beneath the sea again..

iu

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Exactly the same here, very odd just the last couple of days.
Posting this the amber bars pulsated and had to re-post twice!
Keith

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Everything normal in Texas,

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
central EU, getting suspiciously low hops (only 6, extremely low ping also - i don't get under a 100ms towards the US most time), probably only towards a german cloudflare mirror, didn't even go trans-atlantic?

1704483955551.png

(first 3 are local&ISP)

QuiNz-

central EU, getting suspiciously low hops (only 6, extremely low ping also - i don't get under a 100ms towards the US most time), probably only towards a german cloudflare mirror, didn't even go trans-atlantic?

View attachment 339928
(first 3 are local&ISP)
Over here also central EU

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105_211209.jpg
    Screenshot_20240105_211209.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 35

EdW

Exactly the same here, very odd just the last couple of days.
Posting this the amber bars pulsated and had to re-post twice!
Keith
My access to ASR has been relatively OK for the last 22 hours or so. Just an occasional glitch, otherwise no issues. In contrast to yesterday morning and afternoon (UK time - GMT) when access to the site was almost frozen and most commands had to be repeated - then the command nearly always worked.

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Must be a server issue (or aliens nicking bandwidth) so no doubt it’ll get sorted at some point

formdissolve

Forum Donor
I’d say 30% of the time I receive the message “safari couldn’t open the page as the server stopped responding“ so I refresh the page and I get little bars on the top right hand side as if it’s doing something then get the message above - seems totally random as to when a page request will hang or load as normal

Cleared all cookies/cache/opened new browser tab on all devices such as iMac/ipad/iPhone and still get the same issue, i tried a bunch of US based websites and they're all fine, dunno what the issue could be :confused:
My web dev friends sometimes say "Safari is the new Internet Explorer" so maybe the site is having issues on Safari.. I will investigate that later. Probably just the usual UK internet issues though.

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Probably just the usual UK internet issues though.

Given the amount of rain we’ve had that’s caused flooding, trains cancelled etc, it’s probably a damp Ethernet plug/cable in a back office somewhere, bloody amateurs, they should’ve used cable risers……

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My web dev friends sometimes say "Safari is the new Internet Explorer" so maybe the site is having issues on Safari.. I will investigate that later. Probably just the usual UK internet issues though.
I had those problems both on Android with Chrome and Linux with Firefox. It's not a client problem.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The problem of transfer to overseas is an old one.
Usually I use telekom for communication worldwide, but they are at some times unresponsive as there is lack in bandwith to overseas.
Does do no matter to me, as I can refresh later ....
Using a (payed) proxy may resolve the problem for those who are in need of this.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I’ve noticed the page hangs every time I've tried to load a new page and often returns an error, is there work going in the backgroun?
I have been on since the crack of dawn and have noticed no page loading problems or delays. Reboot your iPad/iPhone and power cycle your router might help. Just suggestions.

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have been on since the crack of dawn and have noticed no page loading problems or delays. Reboot your iPad/iPhone and power cycle your router might help. Just suggestions.
Do not underestimate global connections performance and bandwidth.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Still no problem with the forum, but I feel exceptionally lazy.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
When it happens, would you please use your mobile phone if you saw the problem on land line and vice versa? That would create a different path and hopefully get us closer to what the problem could be.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
When it happens, would you please use your mobile phone if you saw the problem on land line and vice versa? That would create a different path and hopefully get us closer to what the problem could be.
I've done this when experiencing similar episodes and it was slow and glitchy on both platforms. One over my internet service, one over the cell phone network. If I experience it again, I'll get some traces.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Cloudflare (our caching provider) registered a problem in France:

Network Performance Issues in Paris, France
Between 11:02 to 11:03 UTC, customers reaching Paris, France (CDG) datacenter may have experienced network performance issues.
Jan 4, 11:00 - 11:00 UTC

But nothing in UK.

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Reboot your iPad/iPhone and power cycle your router might help. Just suggestions.

All done (see above) and router was cycled this morning as I was fitting eve led light strips behind my rear wall bass traps which necessitated cycling the router to pick up the signal for Home Kit connection, took 3 attempts to post this.

Top Bottom