• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is the forum on a go slow today?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
All done (see above) and router was cycled this morning as I was fitting eve led light strips behind my rear wall bass traps which necessitated cycling the router to pick up the signal for Home Kit connection, took 3 attempts to post this.
Oh, didn't realize it was still going on!!! Does your ISP have any kind of status page of any issues?

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
When it happens, would you please use your mobile phone if you saw the problem on land line and vice versa? That would create a different path and hopefully get us closer to what the problem could be.
seems to be more of a geo location issue than particular ISP's which use basically the same backbone routing anyway

if i had to point a finger it would be CF's issue ticket from not even 24 hours ago about data loss protection being down (tho resolved in the meantime) and now working overtime on syncing caches worldwide, hence problems occuring just for some users (who seem to be mostly from just a few regions, but grouped)

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

spigot

It's been slow for a few days for me (UK). Seems to have improved, delay in page loading but images now appear quicker.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-06 000912.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-06 000912.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 40
OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Very bad today, every page either hangs for an age or returns a “server not responding“, is it the same for other users in the UK?

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
All fine up here in Edinburgh...

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Thanks. That one server at 2001:7f8:4::3417:1 seems awfully slow. Don't know who that is.
Too much requests on it for what it can handle for a one or the other reason and probably not great administration causing the requests to fall out of the pool and long ping. Anyway Cloud flair is best and safest there is. After all with holiday increase of bandwidth and requests and how often DoS attacks this day's are it's nothing unusual.

OP
Somafunk

Somafunk

Major Contributor

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For me I encounter lags with connections overseas regularly for years, mainly correlated to major buisiness times (daytimes) in US.
Think some (even big) providers do not provide enough bandwidth for peaks.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Still intermittently bad here. Pages either hang indefinitely or return error messages that the page can't be loaded.

A few minutes later, it's fine, then goes bad again.

S.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
you could try using a VPN for your general connection or changing your DNS provider (like 1.1.1.1(1.0.0.1 i.e.) to see if other routes help with certain target sites

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
The problem seems to be in Niagara Falls.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I started to use A VPL ( I know it’s vpn really) now I am in Holland.
Keith

spigot

The Opera browser incorporates a free VPN. I have a few sites bookmarked for geolocation restricted stuff or to sometimes bypass local issues.

Top Bottom