• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

We all know, Amir gets the most likes. But who received the most likes from Amir?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Identifying Top Users on the “Audio Science Review” Website​

Everyone knows that Amir gets the most likes. But who gets the most likes from Amir?​

This website has gained great popularity as a hub for audio enthusiasts, professionals, and just curious people who want to have well-informed evidence-based discussions about audio equipment. With a vibrant community of contributors, it is fascinating to explore the dynamics of user preferences and interactions within this platform. In this R notebook, we examine user data from the Audio Science Review website to identify the top users based on their likability.

Objective​

The main objective of this analysis is to identify the users who are most liked and respected within the Audio Science Review community. By analyzing user interactions and preferences, we aim to identify those who have made a significant impact, sparked insightful discussions, and attracted the admiration of others, including the website’s host.

Dataset​

Our analysis is based on a comprehensive dataset collected from the Audio Science Review website through web-scraping. This dataset includes users' profiles and comments with likes that are relevant to the study.

Using a Python script, the data was retrieved from the website and stored in .csv files.

comments.csv contains a list of all comments on this website. For each comment, we retrieved the list of user IDs who liked that particular comment.

users.csv contains a list of registered users who have posted at least once on the website.

Who gets the most likes?​

Have a look at the official forum statistics: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?members/&key=highest_reaction_score

Who likes Amir the most?​

And who did Amir get most of the likes from? To find out, we first have to find out who liked whom and how often. We will need these relations for all the website’s users:

Now we can check who Amir received the most likes from:

1684483695149.png

Hugo9000 and Veri are the leaders in this section and liked most comments by Amir.

And who is most liked by Amir?​

Now comes the more interesting part. Who gets liked by Amir the most?

1684483695184.png

As we can see, Blumlein 88 and DonH56 got more likes from the host than anybody else (over 300). But, interestingly, the numbers for each individual user don’t seem to be that high compared to how many likes Amir got from some users, e.g. Hugo9000, Veri, or Xulonn.

Who awards the most likes?​

Who is particularly generous when it comes to handing out likes? Surely we will now see some names we have seen before among Amir’s likers:

1684483695220.png

It is really impressive how many comments were liked by these people. As expected, Hugo9000 and Veri are on this list.
Amir is also presented in this top list. As the number of given comments to certain people was not that high, it means, he gave out likes to a great number of different users.

We would like to receive your feedback and further data analysis questions.

Attachments

• 1684483695117.png
    1684483695117.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 94

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This is incredible analysis and surprising as well! One aspect that is hidden though is that the profile changes over time. Some members that you listed in the first graph have not post hardly anything in the last year for example. And there are others who are much more active recently (last year or two).

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
I’m clearly not liking my own posts enough.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like red wine.

Somafunk

Major Contributor

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
I liked you.
Then, what happened?

Seriously though, I thought this karma whoring stuff was mostly a reddit thing? Every single forum I read (and we’re talking more than three here) has a different approach, but most are afraid of the destructive force of a like/dislike feedback system. I guess it’ll take hindsight (a lot of it) to know the answer.

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
On a lighter note, who is @AmarioForester? Seems like a puppet account to me. Call the mods…!

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
She is a 24-year student from Germany. Is this her exam project?

I know, right? Experimental sociology has become so easy since the Internet.

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Top Bottom