• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Use REW to check UMIK-2?

dweeeeb2

Hi I am currently using a new MiniDSP HTx and a UMIK-2 microphone. Unfortunately when measuring for Dirac I get an "imprecise measurement" error. Dirac says the measurement is fine to use for FR but not for timing/phase calculations. I have tried everything MiniDSP and Dirac have suggested, reloaded every firmware multiple times, altered settings to ensure exclusivity, tried different cables, even different stereos and different rooms (only 2.1 system at this stage), I even measured outdoors and in the middle of the night!, I've used inbuilt laptop mic with no error, I've used wireless(not bluetooth) gaming headset mic with no error. The only thing I have not been able to do is try different MiniDSP units (HTx or UMIK-2), or a different laptop. I do not get any other type of error or warning.

Anyway, where is this going......? I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for ways to use REW to confirm if the UMIK-2 is doing everything correctly or a way to find an error with it. I am a beginner; but I have managed to take several FR sweeps, but that's about it - no errors reported by REW.

Thanks for your help

PS at this stage MiniDSP says all mics are quality tested at least 4 times before being shipped and they do not think it is at fault. I am leaning more towards the HTx having some clash with Dirac, but I do not know.

OP
dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2

FYI: After a lot of help from MiniDSP and Dirac it was found that an older version of Dirac (v3.4.4) solved this issue. FYI I had the issue with v3.8.2 and v3.9.1.

Top Bottom