• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

heart condition

DanielT

Major Contributor
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well. Fight on! Wish you all the best.:)

I'm not a doctor, but I know that GLP-1 is used as medicine to lose weight.If I understood it so that you received recommendations to do so,lose weight that is? , if not, I apologize for what I am now writing.

In Sweden, there is now a fairly intense debate about when, how, on which criteria and to whom GLP-1 shall be given to. Maybe it's the same in the UK?

I don't know what the rules are in the UK, but you can ask your doctor::)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-15_104314.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-15_104314.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Gregm

Wishing you a speedy and sustained recovery. Remember, it's not only for the cats: all of us here are counting on you getting back to olympic shape :)!
Audio ain't for the faint hearted... (OK, it's a bit lame)

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@Andysu regarding reducing the amount of salt and not really reducing the taste you put less salt in the meal it self and sprinkle a bit of it on top (without mixing it). That way your palate gets it more directly and it feels tasty. If you like doughs try to find some Indian ones with chickpeas (large variety of them) and still don't exaggerate with them. It doesn't have to be bad tasting food nor all that rigorous and giving up everything you like diet, you just need to look at it from a different perspective and all will be good.
I personally love tomato juice especially when I make it myself from home grown tomatoes.
Regarding exercises long walks and gardening are best and most useful if you ask me.
Hold on there and work on your self. Again wish you all the best.

AdrianusG

Hopefully a fast recovery to good health for you Andy,
Take care, health is (even:)) more important than this hobby of ours.

Booker

Forum Donor
I am not an expert, so I will refrain from commenting. However, I will provide you with a link to three influencers who may offer insight into why you are in your current situation. Being wished good luck will not be of any help. Therefore, you must be strong!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not an expert, so I will refrain from commenting. However, I will provide you with a link to three influencers who may offer insight into why you are in your current situation. Being wished good luck will not be of any help. Therefore, you must be strong!

Looks like a great person:
Dr. Mark Howard Hyman, Los Angeles: Charged with gross negligence and sexual misconduct for engaging in acts of sexual abuse, sexual misconduct and sexual relations with a patient. No admissions; revocation of license stayed, license suspended for 30 days, five years’ probation. Effective Jan. 13.

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It looks like my comment got embedded in the middle of those messages for some reason so I will repeat it here. Get some reasonably priced fish oil capsules and take them daily for your heart health. Also a good vitamin D supplement for your immune system unless you are able to get a lot of sun every day. I am 62 and don't feel any different than I did at 25.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
So sorry for your trials and tribulations Andy!

If I were closer, I'd offer to check in on your cats a few times a day, as I know how you must worry about them when you aren't with them.

Keep pushing through, and my best wishes for your recovery.

Music1969

Major Contributor
I don't really like cats myself but I feel for you because it is so clear you love them and want to get back to them asap.

That bond with pets, all pet owners of all types understand this.

Hoping you recover well , as quickly as possible

Keep us updated

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Best wishes for a quick and lasting recovery.
I spent a few weeks stalking up and down hospital hallways (stairs were the toughest challenge, but they insisted).
Modest weight loss and exercise have helped since, with about a 90% recovery?
Stick with it.
Keep the kitties in mind - maybe look for a 'cat walker' you can trust to visit and calm them down - I know some of them can get really stressed their pal is missing.
During my hospitalization, one of mine ended up being boarded at my vets; though they don't normally offer that, and one of the techs was gratious enough to come in on weekends to feed and play with him. (Vet techs around here are eager for side jobs, like grooming and vacation & hospital stay support in home.)
The cats will really appreciate it when you are back healthy and home again - keep up the exercise and get back to them soonest!

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hang in there @Andysu , doesn't sound like much fun but hopefully things turn in your favor soon.

As far as healthy veggie meals... personally I have been doing a lot of zucchini and bok choy on the grill lately. Tiny bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then blast it on high heat for a short time. With bok choy I do it plain, cut it in half, face down, (can do grill or skillet) and just put a bit of hoisin on it. Not sure if that's on the menu or not. But if so, might be a nice change of pace.

For a while I was trying to lose weight and ate only salads for lunch for a while. Eventually I figured out you really need to put some beans or chickpeas in a salad if you're going to feel full. Protips ;)

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
It looks like my comment got embedded in the middle of those messages for some reason so I will repeat it here. Get some reasonably priced fish oil capsules and take them daily for your heart health. Also a good vitamin D supplement for your immune system unless you are able to get a lot of sun every day. I am 62 and don't feel any different than I did at 25.
i shall look into that , or would the sardines be enough ?

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
So sorry for your trials and tribulations Andy!

If I were closer, I'd offer to check in on your cats a few times a day, as I know how you must worry about them when you aren't with them.

Keep pushing through, and my best wishes for your recovery.
that's very gracious of you , thanks

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Wishing you a speedy and sustained recovery. Remember, it's not only for the cats: all of us here are counting on you getting back to olympic shape :)!
Audio ain't for the faint hearted... (OK, it's a bit lame)
i kept saying at the hospital wouldn't mind some of that bionics , thanks sure do miss running not ran in quiet while but often not good on the joints , so cycling still gets the
cardiovascular going and reducing weight but i have to watch my hunger buds and not over do it , or be seduced into pizzas , just had finished bit of baked potatoe beans with sardines shared little with my cats

2xABAd.gif

DonR

Major Contributor
My thoughts are with you and your furry companions. Godspeed on a quick recovery.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
be seduced into pizzas
Don’t worry. You can still eat pizza. Just make them yourself! Leave out the salt, add some fresh home made tomato saus, and some healthy toppings: veggies, fish, garlic and leave (most of) the cheese, add some herbs. You can also use alternative doughs if that’s healthier. And then don’t eat too much (or just make a small one). You can portion the dough and freeze it for the next time. And the best ging is: it’s way tastier than a supermarket deep freeze pizza.

Last edited:
Top Bottom