• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good German Hifi ?!

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Hm I wonder if it is possible to make some sensible purchases of Hifi in Europe nowadays? I do not think about online orders because the prices are the same (for Europe / EU) I can guess but buying from a private individual? Such as large speakers that must be picked up physically on site.

How do you Germans do with it? Do you buy in Germany or do you go to a neighboring country? Now I mean relatively large, heavy Hifi stuff that coats a penny that in itself can justify a trip.:)

Last edited:

Crosstalk

Hm I wonder if it is possible to make some sensible purchases of Hifi in Europe nowadays? I do not think about online orders because the prices are the same (for Europe / EU) I can guess but buying from a private individual? Such as large speakers that must be picked up physically on site.

How do you Germans do with it? Do you buy in Germany or do you go to a neighboring country? Now I mean relatively large, heavy Hifi stuff that coats a penny that in itself can justify a trip.:)
I am a non German orgin person but currenlty a german citizen who has great appreciation about everything in german. May be a bit biased with everything german even. ;)

But when when it comes to audio gear, from my experience most german companies knows the engineering of accurate sound reproduction but some of them purposefully tune it slightly different. But hardly had seen speakers going way out of hand to have bumps or dips with more than +3\-3db differences.

My favorite brand would be Geithain, finkteam, canton and so on. You can safely buy most german speakers and to custom fit your liking I don’t think you need way too much eq. I wish Amir had an opportunity to measure one of cantons reference series. As per german magazines they are as perfect as you can get at its respective price points

Crosstalk

Voxativ
that's so Berlin. No Idea if they are good but their prices are high :cool:
Yeah that’s very high!!
If budget is quite low: I would look for speakers from yesteryears from brands that had something to do with Karl Heinz fink. EG: ALR, IQ, Yamaha NSG Series.

There are cult followers of certain brands like CME audio, Sehring, ADR(vifa if am not wrong)

Katji

Major Contributor
Or use DeepL for better results.

I just now got an update for the browser add-on for in-place translation, it now supports DeepL.

1646415440265.png

Very configurable, everything, but the pop-up/hint shows only the translated text, does not show which language was identified.

pogo

Major Contributor
in a lower segment of the market Teufel
However, this only applies to products that were developed and marketed from the 90s onwards. An higher segment example of this is the Teufel M200/M6000 speaker reference system. This was offered at the end of the 80s for just under 10.000DM and was a sensation, as it also placed much more expensive speakers behind it. I still use these speakers today on my NAD M33, where they can fully perform thanks to the high damping factor. Teufel has then brought out a technically slimmed down version under the same name and look at the beginning of the 90s, which did not come close to the rare first generation. I listen now and then so-called current high end chains, most recently it was a chain consisting of B&W 800 D3 and the big ROTEL MICHI combo, which are well into the 5-digit range and must say that I still feel no need to change ;)

referenz_1059243.png
fg_1139550.png

Source: Teufel

Last edited:

Vacceo

Major Contributor

I have bought relatively large speakers (KEF IQ6c) from Germany in second hand webpages. The shipping was not particularly expensive down here to Iberia. It was actually cheaper than some shipping from inside my country.

Katji

Major Contributor
Martion Orgon horn speakers...in an ancient horse stable in Bavaria...

dyjaquqe.jpg

hu6e4u4e.jpg

And non-German speakers that he likes too... (picture for the stable/decor.) :)

a5uzeqeg.jpg

The Bullys are truly masterpieces by Heiner Martion - the oldest Hornspeaker manufactura in Germany. In fact Heiner was somehow also a big inspiration for Acapella and others at times where more or less Horns been totally out of "Fashion". His Exodus Horns from the 70ies still are legends and got replaced by the active Orgon Horns [...]

A pair of Bullys retails at 7K Euro [...] and even at 3 times the price you ll do hard to find something which gets close to their Fun & Live Factor.
A well set up pair of Bullys makes big speakers sound dull and boring.....but they are the result of almost 10 years working on that particular concept.

They do very well on a little valve amp but they becoming men eating animals once they connected to a Gryphon Diablo 300 or even Pre & Power Amp combo ala Pandora/Antileon Evo.

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Martion Bullfrog again. Same owner, different place.

IMG_0199-Edit.jpeg

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
I do not remember if HECO Direkt was mentioned earlier in the thread? A couple of these would have been fun and interesting to listen to. In addition, I am attracted by its design and aesthetic appearance.:)

Here is, for example, the two-way speaker in the series:

https://www.heco-audio.de/en/detail/index/sArticle/2982811

HECO

– GERMAN HIFI SINCE 1949

HECO is a brand name that represents a rich and long tradition in German speaker production. Since the day the company was founded more than six decades ago, it has been committed to developing an uncompromising, high quality reproduction of music in a home environment.

Legendary speaker series have shaped the image of the brand to date. The fact that HECO has reinvented itself time and again over more than sixty years of its history - spanning a period that has witnessed some of the most important developments in hi-fi technology - is a testament to the strength and innovative power of the brand.

Countless accolades and test victories are proof of this passion for perfection. We combine our expertise to produce outstanding products.

German HIFI since 1949 – and still ahead of the times.

Katji

Major Contributor
That aesthetic/style, similar to Avantgarde Zero. Avantgarde is better; smooth, not seeing the drivers. Same guy [as above pics], sometimes told me to...want :) them instead of Kii THREE. ...Aesthetics also improved by having no amp/s and so on.

Vacceo

Major Contributor

Sensible purchases in Europe? Oh, not that hard! We have Audiophonics, Boxem, Apollon...

I have bought gear in Germany often times and shipping is not different from buying in France, Italy or even Iberia itself when sending to Iberia. My "tudesco" (as my ancestors called Germans) neightbours have one of the best, if not the best second hand market for audio gear in the entire EU.

And that´s just for gear, because for "sources", Germany has one of the best networks of CD and LP distribution. It´s quite easy and affordable to find even rare pieces to listen to. :)

Last edited:

pogo

Major Contributor
And that's probably where the T+A A200 with switchable DF will be heard. If the first test reports are to be believed, this is the best-sounding implementation of the Purifis.

And the A200 could already be heard here:
Link1
Link2

anphex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Tbh, try out Nubert. If you don't like them, you can return them, but in my opinion those are the best value speakers and they have stellar customer service. This is totally biased from me since all almost all my speakers are Nubert, but once you tried out the NuVero series you'll be convinced.

And yes, there was a review about a underperforming amp from them in here where the company had presented their measurement and how they reached their specs which is still open for debate who's right. I neither have any amps or processors from them since I think there are better gadgets for this money.

But they are making (passive) speakers for about 50 years now and I think it shows. Their approach is "Ok, we have a price target of X. How much sound quality can we squeeze out for this price?"

Katji

Major Contributor
I still don't know why so many German hi-fi products are not marketed globally.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The usual suspects mentioned yet ? Senheiser AKG , Canton and for vintage stuff Braun , Grundig ?

Afaik Bosch did pro video stuff as “ Bosch Fernseh”

Top Bottom