• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good German Hifi ?!

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Do you know Rammstein? And when they sing du hast?

And when many english people think he sings you hate?
Sounds similar but has very different meaning?
Ok, thats easy, but a ja ja is 100 times more complicated ;)

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Ja ja, your thoughts around ja ja. Hehe.:) Note. A joke! I think the opposite, that is, what you have written in the thread is very interesting and exciting!:p

Yes that is correct. A bit of a comment on bullshit, a bit of a blasé comment on a waffle.

Speaking of bullshit:

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@tomtoo It's a sort a matter of speach there and on purpose. Worst part of my study days is when I had to interpret the poetry of a German poet who whose Martin Heidegger favourite in order to understand his philosophy better. Tho interpreting the poetry whose hard but at least it whose a good poetry and it didn't help with Martin however ikebana did but neither Martin or my profesor ever realise that.

buz

Forum Donor
Carefull with ja ja. It can mean a lot. You can say it like kiss my ass. You can also say it like ok i see i did something wrong. Or iam happy to do it. Very complicated. So a ja ja, you have take into account the situation and the sound. Hard to undertsantdt a ja ja for you not born with a german thoungh. ;)
Since Werner it means basically one of those things :D

tomtoo

Major Contributor
@tomtoo It's a sort a matter of speach there and on purpose. Worst part of my study days is when I had to interpret the poetry of a German poet who whose Martin Heidegger favourite in order to understand his philosophy better. Tho interpreting the poetry whose hard but at least it whose a good poetry and it didn't help with Martin however ikebana did but neither Martin or my profesor ever realise that.

Mhhh, see iam a very basic person. Poetry, nice, but sometimes hard to get in my own language. So i was happy to see that the thais count like germans, while the french do crazy stuff. ;)

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Of course the English version literally using 'hate' didn't help

Exactly, spoken word its the same without context and the song plays intentionaly with that. Even if you placed a comment as a german under the video saying it means you had, you got reactions like you dont know german it means you hate. ;)

tomtoo

Major Contributor
But what does that mean: da da da?

Haha you can see it that way, if two german words in a series like ja ja give you many ways to interprete it, three make it exponential more harder.

Its like da^da^da and we not realy know how big da is? ;)

Normaly you would use da,da,da to point with your finger to a bankrobber telling the police where he is going. But there is the contrast, you woul not say it that way. ;)

Last edited:
OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Sweden vs Germany. With this statement, he managed to tease the shit out of many in Sweden. Ha ha.:D:

Germany is Sweden for adults

On 16 October 1997, Engdahl became a member of the Swedish Academy, elected to seat number 17 vacated by the death of Johannes Edfelt; on 1 June 1999, he succeeded Sture Allén as the Academy's permanent secretary, i.e. its executive member and spokesperson. As such, he had the annual task of announcing the recipient of the Nobel prize in literature to the public. On 20 December 2008 it was announced that after ten years Engdahl would step down as the Academy's permanent secretary on 1 June 2009.[3]

Attachments

• shot_2021-12-01_18-20-39 (1).png
    shot_2021-12-01_18-20-39 (1).png
    1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
That song means I've gone to google.translate to check translations of crap and kak.

The reality is, spoken words and written words are not always the same. Written words need a lot of poetry to give you the real impression of a spoken word.

Katji

Major Contributor
Rick "did someone mention Canton?" Denney
Canton is one that I'd never heard of until audio/hi-fi forums. And Nubert.
It seems that German speakers / German hi-fi is not so widely marketed.
Back in the day, Blaupunkt and Telefunken were household brand names this side, although not really hi-fi per se. Now Blaupunkt has reappeared as cheap TVs, a brand name licensing thing.

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@Katji they ware spread a lot hire along with Magnat but those days are also long gone. Today even those who survived after many takeovers are either under Voxx (former Audiovox US) or Vestel (Turkey) which bought their brand names and produce cheap garbage (or premium priced one) mostly.

Katji

Major Contributor
The reality is, spoken words and written words are not always the same. Written words need a lot of poetry to give you the real impression of a spoken word.
It is not exactly the same thing, but the main thing for me is to understand the written language - for online, and when you go there, you can at least navigate, you can understand most signs. Then the next thing is pronunciation...
By the way, I found the right word there - dreck.

Top Bottom