• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

NiagaraPete

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
PS Topping D10S is a cheap way to get USB to S/PDIF - works great with Genelecs for a stereo setup.
Ahh, I get it. It's making more sense now. Thanks!

KaLam1ty

In case anyone is interested, Genelec is doing another press presentation and Q&A for the upcoming 4.2 update and 9301B interface.
Not too much said about the actual updates yet, but I'd guess it's more focused on multi-channel and immersive stuff.

srrxr71

Forum Donor
In case anyone is interested, Genelec is doing another press presentation and Q&A for the upcoming 4.2 update and 9301B interface.
Not too much said about the actual updates yet, but I'd guess it's more focused on multi-channel and immersive stuff.

I came here for this. I hope that multisub optimization is finally here. Is that what the “grade” room acoustic report is?

mkt

oversky

From Genelec_GRADE_Report_2022-04-29_stereo_with_subwoofer.pdf
AccuSmooth
AccuSmooth is a smoothing-in-frequency method ap- plied by Genelec to provide maximum detail to acoustic mea- surements. This is a variable-width smoothing. The frequency range of the smoothing is 1/12th per octave below 250 Hz, and 1/6th per octave above 250 Hz. The AccuSmoothing applied to frequency response plots increases the visibility of the acousti- cally relevant details in the system frequency responses.

Last edited:

mkt

Any info on the 9301B?

Top Bottom