• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 270 96.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

Theodore8

Forum Donor
No matter what your skills or experience - if you are determined strongly enough to hear a difference... you will hear one... our brains are fun and frustrating at the same time.
Sadly it's not limited to audio - the planet would be in a much better place if it was.
You are so right.

Even Brendon Heinst, the extremely gifted sound engineer who has developed cutting-edge recording techniques, is victim to it. But then again, perhaps he gets paid for it.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hear you but I think you are confusing Earth with Vulcan.;)
On that note, here is a Vulcan with a tear rolling down her face, because why not. Happened during the burial in space for Lieutenant Saavik:
nyxMxlX.png

Vulcans aren't what they used to be.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Actually that Vulcan is Lieutenant Saavik......:)
THEN WHO WAS IN THE COFFIN!
RiNC.gif

Was it Spock? I need to watch these movies again.

digicidal

Major Contributor
You are so right.

Even Brendon Heinst, the extremely gifted sound engineer who has developed cutting-edge recording techniques, is victim to it. But then again, perhaps he gets paid for it.
It's guaranteed in this particular case. Whether it's a profit-share, direct payment, or something else (free suite of snake oil products) - you don't make a video like this, with the script being straight out of the product tear-sheets (is that still a thing in the online age?) without compensation.

It's funny... if they simply marketed them as a way of providing vertical strain-relief for heavy cables... I'd give them a pass. However when you get into the "special NCF properties" it's a totally different thing. I particularly liked the following part - taken verbatim from the Furutech marketing (under "Features"):
NCF features a special crystalline material that has two 'active' properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far infrared.
So non-conductive and "transforms" heat into... heat. WOW... totally worth the ludicrous price tag for some carbon injected plastic and cheap aluminum hardware. :rolleyes:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's guaranteed in this particular case. Whether it's a profit-share, direct payment, or something else (free suite of snake oil products) - you don't make a video like this, with the script being straight out of the product tear-sheets (is that still a thing in the online age?) without compensation.

It's funny... if they simply marketed them as a way of providing vertical strain-relief for heavy cables... I'd give them a pass. However when you get into the "special NCF properties" it's a totally different thing. I particularly liked the following part - taken verbatim from the Furutech marketing (under "Features"):

So non-conductive and "transforms" heat into... heat. WOW... totally worth the ludicrous price tag for some carbon injected plastic and cheap aluminum hardware. :rolleyes:
it converts thermal energy into far infrared.

That's just a black heatsink, isn't it?

Top Bottom