• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

V.b.

Something that can finally drive these wired in parallel?!

Why would you wire them in parallel to drive with a bridged amplifier? Why shouldn't you use two sets of wires and drive each coil separately?

Honest question, i'm planning a car system.

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Why would you wire them in parallel to drive with a bridged amplifier? Why shouldn't you use two sets of wires and drive each coil separately?

Honest question, i'm planning a car system.
I was half kidding because I’ve been thinking about using those drivers but their sensitivity stinks. I do mostly active builds but Not for a car so I wouldn’t want one driver to take up 2 channels, and honestly not a monoblock either. A home 2 channel amp that can do 2 ohms on the cheap with good sinad is attractive

daniboun

Major Contributor
For me the DC connector is too close to the binding posts, should review this design :

1711122567234.png

OP
Guddu

Guddu

For me the DC connector is too close to the binding posts, should review this design :

View attachment 358486

I noticed that when I saw the pics, but then I thought it might be the angle making it appear a bit closer than where it is.
But it is close enough to be slightly worried, specially if someone is doing bare wire or spades than banana plugs.

charlielaub

Maybe, but I would not worry about it. The DC male connector that plugs into the amp chassis socket will have a plastic jacket that will completely cover any exposed metal when plugged in. Also, there isn't really a need to simultaneously connect the speaker wires and the DC power, since the amp should be switched off and disconnected when doing so.

Keep in mind that these sort of binding posts are usually very underwhelming, e.g. too small and flimsy, so using banana jacks instead of screwing the BPs down onto bare wire is probably a far better connection option anyway. This is the parts quality you can expect for such low cost electronics.

MCH

Major Contributor
and so, seems like "AUTO" is supposed to work with signal sense in the absence of triggered-in!
Audio sense is a great feature, but needs to be well implemented.
My Boxem amp works great, my old svs subs weren't that great.
Let's see what the beta testers early buyers report.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Audio sense is a great feature, but needs to be well implemented.
My Boxem amp works great, my old svs subs weren't that great.
Let's see what the beta testers early buyers report.
Anyone here is a beta tester?

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We can translate " Class D with bad Sinad" works too lol --)))
Class doesn’t translate into SINAD. You have good and bad implementations.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Class doesn’t translate into SINAD. You have good and bad implementations.

It was a joke ) I own many amps

daniboun

Major Contributor
I noticed that when I saw the pics, but then I thought it might be the angle making it appear a bit closer than where it is.
But it is close enough to be slightly worried, specially if someone is doing bare wire or spades than banana plugs.

Hummm it s not the angle for me.... Check without binding posts

Top Bottom