• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have only compared to the Lumin mini, no difference, I haven’t found any sound quality differences, between WIim, Eversolo, Lumin, when used solely as a streamer.
I wouldn’t expect to.
Keith

Oski1928

I have only compared to the Lumin mini, no difference, I haven’t found any sound quality differences, between WIim, Eversolo, Lumin, when used solely as a streamer.
I wouldn’t expect to.
Keith
Have you had any opportunity to look into any of my previously asked question?

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have the DMP-A6 and was reading about the differences with the A8. One thing that stood out to me as a negative with the A8 is:

"It is a Stereo only model with no MCH support and neither a HDMI Output port. If you are into MCH audio then stick to the A6!"

That makes sense. I didn't realize the A8 doesn't include an HDMI output. I'll be sticking to the A6. I don't see anything on the A8 that would make it worth upgrading from the A6, especially with that negative.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The A-8 is useful if you have analogue sources it is in essence a contemporary ‘pre-amp’.
Keith

fatoldgit

So the A8 has an HDMI ARC input (which my reading says is the audio only part of a full HDMI signal)

As my PC software (Kodi) can route audio and video to different output devices and if we assume a PC with two HDMI outs (or DVI and HDMI) does this mean if I send an audio only HDMI signal into the A8 ARC input that it would accept this OR does ARC (as normally sent from a TV) have some special handshaking that means my 'Big Idea" wont work.

Obviously other ways to get audio into an A8 from a PC, but just interested in how flexible an ARC input is.

Thanks,

Peter

1704914412880.png

ppierre

HDMI Ethernet and Audio Return Channel
Introduced in HDMI 1.4, HDMI Ethernet and Audio Return Channel (HEAC) adds a high-speed bidirectional data communication link (HEC) and the ability to send audio data upstream to the source device (ARC). HEAC utilizes two lines from the connector: the previously unused Reserved pin (called HEAC+) and the Hot Plug Detect pin (called HEAC−).
So, no not same connector for downstream audio and upstream ARC.

Ucftechguru

Forum Donor
I wouldn’t expect to.
Keith
I disagree. To my surprise, I’ve heard differences with different streamers before - even with the Eversolo A6 versus A8. I posted my thoughts in another thread, so I won’t repost there but you can see them here:

Post in thread 'Eversolo DMP A-8 compared to Eversolo DMP A-6 ‘Master’'
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...-eversolo-dmp-a-6-‘master’.50124/post-1893927

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
DSP but no bass management, lol, what the hell. One thing that could have made this almost perfect in my mind.

Any idea if this is something that may be added in an update? Seems like it has all the stuff required to make that a thing.

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company

sids911

DMP-A8 with acrylic top :)

Looks like a review unit to allow taking a peek at innards without opening up the case by everyone its sent to!

Top Bottom