• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP A-8 @ Purité Audio

al2002

Misue confirmed that within the A-8 analogue stays analogue no A/D processing and that the Sinad is -123dB!

Keith
That’s a poor decision by the design team IMO. So now DSP processing cannot act on the analogue inputs? Is this a hardwired limitation or could it be changed via a firmware update? Can you please enquire.

GaryY

Forum Donor
I'm experiencing that DMP-A8 sometimes plays the next track without completing the running one. As long as I remember, this happens only after long time of pause and playing again.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That’s a poor decision by the design team IMO. So now DSP processing cannot act on the analogue inputs? Is this a hardwired limitation or could it be changed via a firmware update? Can you please enquire.
I will ask, the ideal would be to leave analogue/analogue for analogue purists as is now, and the option to add processing if required.
At the moment DSP is only available on the digital inputs.
Keith

al2002

I will ask, the ideal would be to leave analogue/analogue for analogue purists as is now, and the option to add processing if required.
At the moment DSP is only available on the digital inputs.
Keith
Yes. Optimally, we would like to have a choice of either sending the analogue input without A/D conversion to the output or have the ability to switch it through the A/D stage so that DSP could be applied. That is why I asked whether this feature is hardwired or could it be changed in firmware.

Hemi-Demon

@Purité Audio

How is the preamp volume control on the spdif output? I want to use this to control the Volume on my KH150's connected by spdif. Also is there a remote control available, or do you have to use a ipad?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I have only used it on its balanced XLRs ( twice the output to the RCAs ) but it has nice knob feel ( essential) and the amount of attenuation goes from .5dB up, the relays are a bit clicky though .
Seriously the whole unit is pretty much perfect in my humble opinion.
Yes you get a remote and you can use the App, which works really well.
Keith

Top Bottom