• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP A-8 at Purité Audio London

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Eversolo have released details of their new DMP A-8 streamer/dac/preamp.
IMG_3179.png
IMG_3180.png
IMG_3181.png

Price appears to be around the Euro 2k mark but hasn’t been confirmed, likewise release date had not been confirmed.
Purité Audio hope to be able the Eversolo DMP A-8 for evaluation as soon as humanely possible!

Keith

Saponetto

So, it's plausible to stand at the window for another inopportune "master edition", hopefully within the 4k mark.
Honestly, it seems to me a goof marketing overlap at detriment of the DMP-A6 ME.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I really hope there will not be a ‘master edition’.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Eversolo DMP A-8 at Purité Audio London, price has been confirmed at £1890, availability from the end of this month!

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
First review!
Don’t bother reading it, A-8 is more organic.
Well fancy.
Keith

MingChops

Are you able to confirm if its possible to assign DSP to the RCA and XLR outputs separately, i.e allowing for 2.2ch for subs?

cheers

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I can ask, I guess you have already looked here,

Keith

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Are you able to confirm if its possible to assign DSP to the RCA and XLR outputs separately, i.e allowing for 2.2ch for subs?

cheers
I suspect no.

MKR

Major Contributor
First review!
Don’t bother reading it, A-8 is more organic.
Well fancy.
Keith
Oh brother, typical audiophoolery nonsense review

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Oh brother, typical audiophoolery nonsense review

"Given my experience with most AKM-based DACs of today, I anticipated a somewhat sweeter and richer presentation, but the DMP-A8 took it even further. When The Waters Rising by Oceans of Slumber began playing and my head started nodding, I realized that if this unit could do justice to aggressive and treble-intensive music, then it could do justice to anything."

Ugh

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HA, the most interesting features he ignores?

I’m a purist at heart, so the DSPs and EQs aren’t exactly for me, hence not covering any of that, but if you like playing with PEQ, FIR filters, loudness, compression, low and high pass filters, then DMP-A8 is offering all of that by default, getting my stamp of approval and the highest honors.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Highvolt60

Yes I thought that was odd, but he is a purist.
Keith
I asked on both his web Sound news page and on YouTube about the DSP capabilities especially if the analog inputs are supported or if the digital outputs are as well ?
Some minor room correction or adding my own preset recording EQ's is the selling point for me.
If that works on the analog inputs then I can connect my phono preamp and eliminate the line stage !

As for the other comments:
I have my A6 connected via USB to a Gustard A26 and at matched levels (at speakers within .05 dB) the difference is very obvious !
Same is also true for an old Byston BDA-1 DAC on Coax from A6 but that one I could only get within .12 dB of the A6 so not a fair comparison.
Your mileage may vary according to how resolving your system/setup is ?

I'll leave that right there except...
If you believe that s/n ratio plus distortion (Sinad) of 1khz sine waves well below the threshold of human hearing is a measure for how something "sounds", then go out and get yerself one of them Wiim pro things and be done with it (or at least have fun listening to 1kHz sine waves) !

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Gustard is an audibly transparent dac/streamer,
The Eversolo DMP A-6 is also audibly transparent

Comparing equipment is difficult, even when level matched to .1dB, at the dacs output.
There is still the issue of connecting disconnecting cables, unless you were using two pairs of identical loudspeakers?
And finally of course the comparisons have to be conducted unsighted.
FYI the Wiim Pro Plus is also audibly transparent.

I perfectly understand it is difficult to dream up new disparaging comments but ‘your system isn’t resolving enough’ and ‘if you only listen to test tones’, are a little tired.
Keith

Ray77

Eversolo have released details of their new DMP A-8 streamer/dac/preamp.
View attachment 322435View attachment 322436View attachment 322437

Price appears to be around the Euro 2k mark but hasn’t been confirmed, likewise release date had not been confirmed.
Purité Audio hope to be able the Eversolo DMP A-8 for evaluation as soon as humanely possible!

MQA is prominent by its absence on the new A8. No need to stay with Tidal just for MQA streaming then. I wonder if the analog preamp is as transparent as say, the Benchmark LA4 (US$3k)? If so, might be useful for turntable lovers. Just as the A6 was a Bluesound "Node-killer" (best DAC streamer under $1k) will the A8 be a HiFi Rose (150B)-killer (best DAC streamer under $5k?). Looking forward to ASR tech review on the A8.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Manufacturers have to be really confident in the engineering of their product before they send a unit to Amir, with all the other influencers they are guaranteed an easy ride.
I hope they send a unit to ASR asap if they don’t I will .
Keith

Ray77

There must be a US dealer willing to loan a unit to Amir. His review of the Schiit Freya pre-amp found output impedance varied with frequency so matching with a power amp was critical to avoid LF rollout. The Benchmark's output impedance was constant over the entire frequency range (per Stereophile). As for bloggers giving the A8 a glowing review, Soundnews' gives the impression that the A6 sounds like junk which is no way to promote the A8. I suppose Eversolo won't be lending a unit to Darko Audio given his tepid and timid review of the A6 (to not upset other audio product makers).

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
"I have my A6 connected via USB to a Gustard A26 and at matched levels (at speakers within .05 dB) the difference is very obvious !"

Pardon my directness, but this sounds like subjectivist nonsense. You must have the legendary "golden ears," which are of course, the holiest of grails. Congratulations.

Top Bottom