• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

zeropoint

Coming soon to a wallet near you..

1698670473227.png

1698670498362.png

1698670527437.png

Oski1928

Wow, this looks like the exact product I’ve been looking for. Just looked at the product page and it looks awesome. I see it has high and low pass filters as part of the DSP, but I don’t see a subwoofer output, any idea how this could be implemented? Also I take it we have no news right now about a release date and price?

kacos

Wow, this looks like the exact product I’ve been looking for. Just looked at the product page and it looks awesome. I see it has high and low pass filters as part of the DSP, but I don’t see a subwoofer output, any idea how this could be implemented? Also I take it we have no news right now about a release date and price?
I suspect sub out will work as it does on the A6 => RCA to sub, XLR to AMP/Speakers (or the other way around)
1698679222956.png

Oski1928

I suspect sub out will work as it does on the A6 => RCA to sub, XLR to AMP/Speakers (or the other way around)
View attachment 322428
Ahh that’s cool, and I guess it will let you select which set of ouputs you want to put the high and low pass filters on. This thing looks sweet. If it’s priced reasonably like the rest of their catalogue this is going to be a definite purchase for me.

AudioScience Enthusiast

Don't need the additional digital and analogue inputs and the Screen to front panel ratio seems a bit off so I got nothing to worry about.

Really disappointed that Eversolo did not go the HifiRose route of larger screen for the premium models, but instead just recylcing the same A6 screen, which makes the larger body totally out of place and less premium looking than A6. Just look at the blank on both sides of the volume dial, really ugly. Does anyone else feel the same?

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 9.27.17 PM.png

PS. Eversolo team, have you finally implemented a proper "network wakeup" function?

DimensionX

Note: The DSP module supports a maximum PCM sampling rate of 192kHz;

DSD añd PCM formats with higher sampling rates will be bypassed in the output.

The DSP functions are applicable only to local playback, network streaming, and inputs via optical, coaxial, or USB. They take effect when producing analog outputs

so an analog input can’t take advantage of dsp? Kind of a dealbreaker for me, I want to replace my a6 and my preamp with one box but I listen to a lot of records and would want dsp there as well

Diecastt

Really disappointed that Eversolo did not go the HifiRose route of larger screen for the premium models, but instead just recylcing the same A6 screen, which makes the larger body totally out of place and less premium looking than A6. Just look at the blank on both sides of the volume dial, really ugly. Does anyone else feel the same?

View attachment 322628

PS. Eversolo team, have you finally implemented a proper "network wakeup" function?
For the 2K price tag they really should have put out a larger screen. I guess they're counting on the hype of the A6 to sell a lot of A8's without making much of an effort

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't understand why anyone would be excited about spending $2,000 for a streamer. Nor why people prefer a screen on the device over using a smartphone or tablet to control a device that doesn't have a display. Or why they prefer a dumb remote control over using that smartphone for control.

Then again, I don't understand the popularity of haggis, heavy metal music or pickleball. Shrug.

muezhic

I don't understand why anyone would be excited about spending $2,000 for a streamer. Nor why people prefer a screen on the device over using a smartphone or tablet to control a device that doesn't have a display. Or why they prefer a dumb remote control over using that smartphone for control.

Then again, I don't understand the popularity of haggis, heavy metal music or pickleball. Shrug.
I use both smartphone and the remote. I find volume control much easier by the remote, while I use the cast feature or other app controls for everything else.

Hmm, with the EQ and 12V trigger for a 2 channel amp, I want one. Maybe time to sell the Master Edition?

Oski1928

1. DSP. To my knowledge MINIDSP is the only real option (outside of the very high end world of products) that offers a proper streamer and DSP combo. I’ve always been interested in their products, but things like aesthetics and user interface and usability come into play. I know these are not important to everyone but they are to me and others.

2. Analogue pre amp/volume control. This product looks like it’s going to allow me to ditch my integrated amp and use this straight into a power amp. There are plenty of Dacs/ streamers that can do this already but there is alway the fear (perhaps not the most valid) that having a purely digital volume control directly into a power amp could cause a problem one day (there have been examples reported). Not saying this product is the first to solve this but as someone who was interested In the A6, this is a welcome “upgrade” to this unit making me more interested.

3. HDMI ARC. A very welcome feature for people like me who’s system doubles as their audio for their tv. Also I’m hoping for the ability to display album art on the tv as well through ARC. Once again a feature a lot of people could care less about, but one that I would like.

4. I didn’t know a price when this was posted and to my knowledge one still has not been confirmed

5. I like metal music so that may be it right there

DimensionX

I don't understand why anyone would be excited about spending $2,000 for a streamer.

For me the appeal is that this is a streamer and a preamp with DSP with RCA and balanced input/output, I could combine boxes, add add DSP. There aren't many options that do all of this and Haggis is way better than Americans think it is.

tjf

Just to throw gas on the fire...

It has DSP/FIR filters????? Wonder (which is all we can do for now) how many Taps???? Really?

There go the "$2000???!!!! - how dare they ask this much????" Narratives...

Also, Native DSD audio path from USB in and thru the AKM as well as the I2S interface...

PEQ and HPF/LPF too - this box does a lot for $2K -- wonder why no Spotify Connect? (Not that I'd use it)

Attachments

• DMP-A8 DSP image.jpg
    DMP-A8 DSP image.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 217

Oski1928

Just to throw gas on the fire...

It has DSP/FIR filters????? Wonder (which is all we can do for now) how many Taps???? Really?

There go the "$2000???!!!! - how dare they ask this much????" Narratives...

Also, Native DSD audio path from USB in and thru the AKM as well as the I2S interface...

PEQ and HPF/LPF too - this box does a lot for $2K -- wonder why no Spotify Connect? (Not that I'd use it)
I agree, I could be wrong, but it seems to me the next product in line to get these kind of features is gonna be the NAD M66 which costs a hell of a lot more.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes AES would have been nice, but Eversolo have added EQ and analogue ‘ins’ which are useful with a more traditional set-up.

Keith

Top Bottom