• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
This ‘module ‘ contains a list
IMG_3319.png

but analogue in is not amongst the options
Keith

Dr.Deadwax

Thank you for your answer

Oh, unfortunately that's a deal breaker for me.
I want to use my Hi-Res files with exactly the same room EQ setting as my turntable.
The fact that Hi-Res files are resampled in 48 khz is not the best way, but it's okay.

Unfortunately, all that's left is to bite the bullet and look at Linn's used shelf.
they offer all the functions I need, unfortunately a DSD bypass here too.

Best Regards,
Dr. Deadwax

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I haven’t considered vinyl as a serious playback medium for years, but I suppose you might want to EQ it, speakers with built in PEQ would be an answer.
Keith

james57

Minidsp SHD routes analog through DSP.
for some reason (can`t) really explain why I always found the Minidsp producst a bit flimsy.. JustJones : If analogue and digital DSP or EQ is wanted why not look at Trinnov Nova or RME adi 2-4. For some strange reason i see Eversolo a bit like Oppo was a few years ago, not super well known but construction appears to be sturdy. For me the A8 seems interesting bcs of the arc HDMI and DSP other than that I would consider the A6

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
for some reason (can`t) really explain why I always found the Minidsp producst a bit flimsy.. JustJones : If analogue and digital DSP or EQ is wanted why not look at Trinnov Nova or RME adi 2-4. For some strange reason i see Eversolo a bit like Oppo was a few years ago, not super well known but construction appears to be sturdy. For me the A8 seems interesting bcs of the arc HDMI and DSP other than that I would consider the A6
The Trinnov Nova with their measurement mic is about $4200. The Minidsp was closer to the price of the A8 and did analog in through their matrix which @Dr.Deadwax was looking for. It also has Dirac if that's something one's interested in. Perhaps in a professional setting Minidsp wouldn't be rugged enough but for home use they're fine.

pogo

Major Contributor
Is it possible to use the DSP for the analog inputs? Does this mean that the signal is digitized beforehand and if so, at what sampling rate?
Is it possible to convert the DSD signal into PCM for example in 176.4 khz / 24 bit and then use the DSP like many home theater receivers do.
For what you have in mind, I would take a NAD M10, for example, and if phono MM is desired and you don't have a phono pre amp, I would add a Bluesound HUB (max. 4x HUB on single network (8 simultaneous streams)).
For example, analog and digital signals are processed on my M33 up to 192kHz under Dirac Live/DSP. The M10 probably only does a maximum of 96kHz (source: stereophile), which is already more than the Eversolo with 48kHz. However, the frequency response of the analog inputs directly on the M10 is already limited at 20kHz. A HUB will probably go beyond this. DSD files can be converted to PCM under BluOS.

Btw: Willkommen bei ASR ;)

Last edited:

Deckard71

Does having an analogue preamp instead if a digital one improve the sound quality if used with active speakers that first convert the analogue signal into digital and then back into analogue after the crossover?

If so, that would be the only reason why I'd be more interested in the A8 vs an A6 Master Edition.

A6 preamp is analog, otherwise you would not get any sound from analog outputs… volume control is digital, maybe you referred to this

Dr.Deadwax

Hello everyone,

the problem is, I want a preamplifier:
- which supports HDMI (e)ARC
- Has streaming function (Spotify and Qobuz)
- Has room correction
- Analog input which, when digitized, has >96khz sampling rate
- optional XLR and trigger out
- plays DSD files

At the moment I can only think of Linn Selekt or Akurate that have these functions, but here again the DSD playback is not sent through the DSP.

Best regards

al2002

Linn DSMs do not do room correction. The only streaming preamp I know of with DRC is the NAD M66 which has not been released yet. The Trinnov Amethyst has DRC, but no streaming functions.

You can always add to your system an outboard box for DRC, e.g., miniDSP or an audio interface connected to a computer. Or you can get a Trinnov and add a streamer.

Last edited:

Dr.Deadwax

Linn has a DSP / Room Correction.
Not an automatic EQ, but a manual EQ.
Since I have a measuring microphone and REW, it's no problem to determine the modes

al2002

Not on my Majik DSM/3. They have something called Space Optimisation which tries to calculate room modes, but it does not work well IME. The last version of SO I used did not allow manual adjustment of filter frequency and Q, so I gave up on it. At best, it tries to calculate parametric eq to tame room modes, but does not allow manual override. This is a far cry from DRC as we know it.

For sure they do not have measurement based DRC along the lines of ARC, Dirac, Audiolense or Acorute.

Which Linn DSM do you have?

Last edited:

Dr.Deadwax

I don't have a Linn. I look for Akurate or Select
I'm currently looking for something new.
I currently have a Cambridge EVO 150.
But I would like to switch to a preamplifier (with streamer) and 2 x AUDIOPHONICS AP300-M400ET.

A not so nice but functional solution would be Matrix Mini I4 and miniDSP Flex. It's just not so nice with an analogue intermediate step, but what can you do?

al2002

A one box streaming/DRC/ preamp is not available at the moment. if your budget extends to a Linn Sekekt, then you could go for an NAD M66 or opt for a 2 box solution if you cannot wait.

MingChops

A one box streaming/DRC/ preamp is not available at the moment. if your budget extends to a Linn Sekekt, then you could go for an NAD M66 or opt for a 2 box solution if you cannot wait.
MiniDSP SHD is a streaming, DRC, analogue input, pre-amp.

But NAD digitizes the analog inputs in 16/44.1 khz
The M66 are you talking about? Well currently the product and manual are not released, but given the M33 has three selectable ADC rates for it's analogue input (48,96,192khz) - I would expect the M66 to offer the same. I have read that it runs Dirac internally at 192khz so would make sense.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why worry about analog in from a turn table being digitized to 16/44.1 ?

Top Bottom