• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 342 66.2%

• Total voters

Cepi

09 mai est le spectacle hifi de Munchen. J'ai compris qu'ils devraient présenter Qobuz Connect lors de cette émission, mais je n'y crois sincèrement pas, alors je voudrais être surpris. J'espérais également qu'Eversolo attend ou travaille sur cette mise en œuvre ?? !!
I had read on a Facebook post from Qobuz that they were indeed working on Qobuz connect and would be implemented before the summer, fingers crossed.

ubiq

Forum Donor
Hi fellows
A quick question for the owners of the dmp-A6.
I’ve seen you have now a fft analog spectrum, but on every photo, it starts at 50hz (as the one of the preamp topping a70 pro btw)… Looks too high for my taste, even if it’s just a cosmetic feature.
I would like to know if it can be modified, to a 20hz-20khz range for example.
And if not, why do they all start @50hz? Technical reasons ?
Cheers

Nutul

Hi fellows
I’ve seen you have now a fft analog spectrum, but on every photo, it starts at 50hz (as the one of the preamp topping a70 pro btw)… Looks too high for my taste, even if it’s just a cosmetic feature.
Cheers
May be every "dancing column" covers a range of frequencies, so that the one marked 50 covers the 20-70Hz?
Just speculating here, don't get me too seriously.

As per modifying the behavior, that is surely not an option for the end-user...

billymac

Hi all. Hoping I could get some guidance. Considering adding an A6/A8 to my system. I have a Denon X3500 with a Buckeye NC502MPx4 powering LCR. I also use a Sonos Port and a Mac Mini to integrate the system for multi-room and a Sonos Amp to power a patio 2.1 system. My goal is utilize the A6/A8 DAC and stream lossless audio to my primary system, while still using Audyssey room correction AND still be able to simultaneously send to line in on sonos port or amp so I can group zones. I realize the main system would be the only zone getting lossless. How do I do this if these units can’t output analog and digital simultaneously. Also, after more reading it looks like I may be doing a disservice running analog through AVR due to AVR digitizing analog inputs?

/edit. Duh, I can’t use A6/A8 as source to Sonos without delay. Don’t know what I was thinking.

Same question remains though regarding the AVR and AD conversions. Would I be better off trying to figure out a way to run some kind of bypass in the same rack for 2.0/2.1 lossless music with the Eversolo? I do have a couple Fosi ZA3’s on the way and am on the “list” for the V3 monos.

Last edited:

yllanos

Hi fellows
Cheers

It cannot be modified. I'd like the same as well

ubiq

Forum Donor
Ok… thanx.
That confirms my thought. Too bad :-/
I don’t get it: threshold of 50hz seems so archaic.

Doc_Octopus

Screenshot_20240415_122245_com.roon.mobile.jpgScreenshot_20240415_122337_com.roon.mobile.jpg

Hi everyone, I would like to point out an oddity that I found when playing an MQA file: in the test I did I used the same song and, in the device settings on Roon, the options activated are the same; in the photo on the left the signal path between Roon server, Pi4 with Volumio+Roon extension connected via USB to DMP-A8, in the second photo Roon server connected directly to the internal reader of the DMP-A6. While with DMP-A8 the signal path seems to be regular since there is no intervention of the Roon software other than authentication, I don't understand why with DMP-A6 the MQA signal is processed by Roon. Do I need to change some settings or is it a software bug?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The A-6 is Roon ready the A-8 is not, if you haven’t already compare the ‘device settings’ in a roon.
Keith

Doc_Octopus

I know that dmp-a8 is not roon ready, but what makes me strange is that dmp-a6 indicates an "enhanced" signal and not "loseless"

Nutul

I know that dmp-a8 is not roon ready, but what makes me strange is that dmp-a6 indicates an "enhanced" signal and not "loseless"
That is very clever from the A6: indeed an MQA stream IS NOT lossless. It might (IMHO) not even be enhanced; but enhanced has many meanings when it comes to audio, so I would give it an A+ to the Eversolo.

Akary

a friend of mine got this strimer and going to the equalizer section I saw that it also has signal balancing which many people told me wasn't there, did they add it recently?

octavius

Yes it was added in last firmware with all EQ features...

Akary

the channel balance is on both versions, is there no difference on a software level from the normal version to the master version?

Calypso1

Good afternoon. Give me a link to the firmware, I don’t see updates for the device, even beta
My understanding is that Beta releases are not released through the device update mechanism, meaning you need to download the .zip file and manually trigger the update at your own risk.

music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A6/v1.2.64/DMP-A6_R_v1.2.64_202404160913_ota-package.zip

zhenek1983

My understanding is that Beta releases are not released through the device update mechanism, meaning you need to download the .zip file and manually trigger the update at your own risk.

music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A6/v1.2.64/DMP-A6_R_v1.2.64_202404160913_ota-package.zip
can you give a link for a8?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Have you visited the Zidoo forum? ( Eversolo sub section)
Keith

Top Bottom