• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 341 66.1%

• Total voters

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
Ok I'm pretty stoked on this thing!

Didn't know have a dedicated interface on the desk would be this nice to have

Anything I should know about this thing that's not already in the manual?

Will be using it mostly with Roon

View attachment 349502

Edit: Is there any way to enable volume passthrough mode for certain outputs but not other? IE for my XLR balanced out to my headphone amp I want fixed max volume for bit perfect, but for the SPDIF out I want to be able to use the volume knob (SPDIF would be to KEF LSXII which don't have volume control on the speakers and I don't care about bit perfect. I know the KEF's are Roon ready and I'll lose seeing their settings in the Roon app but whatever they're set and forget mostly.

I realized that volume settings are saved per output, so switching from XLR out to SPDIF I can have XLR at full volume (pass through) and when I jump over to SPDIF it saves where I was last (like 10 out of 15 digital volume level)

I assume if my XLR out is feeding a Schiit Magnius the right thing to do is to set the output volume of the eversolo to max 0 dB and control volume with the pot on the Schiit right?

Mamoles

Hi,
Before buying this unit, can someone please help me on one thing ?
I want to use the internal DAC for streaming and local playback from my NAS with DLNA but for TV i want to do a bit different.
My Nvidia Shield TV will be connected with USB on the USB-C input. I watch movies on 2 peakers so i don't need multichannels.
But in order to use headphones, i want to connect my Fiio BTA 30 Pro as an external DAC throuh the USB-A output because it allows LDAC transmission.
How easy will it be to switch from the internal DAC to the external one ? Can i do it easily with the Eversolo remote ?
Basically, can i listen to QObuz using the internal streamer and DAC and suddenly swith to the external DAC to enjoy LDAC on my headphones ?
Can i output the a source from USB-C input to an external DAC trough USB-A output ?
Thank you for your help.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You can select input and output from the unit or from the app, I can’t think of a reason why you can’t configure to your preference.
Keith

Mamoles

You can select input and output from the unit or from the app, I can’t think of a reason why you can’t configure to your preference.
Keith
ALright, thanks.

maty

Major Contributor
Eversolo A6 ME with Beatechnik LHY LPS-A6, HiFi Rose RS130 and Auralic Aries G2.2

Are High-End Streamers Worth It? I Tested HiFi Rose RS 130 & Auralic Aries G2.2

Eversolo A6 ME, HiFi Rose RS130 and Auralic Aries G2.2.png

-> with FOSI ZA3 + Sparkos SS3602

octavius

I didn't find any difference they sounds very good to me.

maty

Major Contributor
If you do not notice the differences, like most, you have a big bottleneck in your audio system. Usually the main one is the quality of the electrical grid -> many hard do not clean it as they should.

And you need to try with 4K -> AAC 192 kbps. HD/1080p only AAC 128 kbps (at YouTube).

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
If you do not notice the differences, like most, you have a big bottleneck in your audio system. Usually the main one is the quality of the electrical grid -> many hard do not clean it as they should.

And you need to try with 4K -> AAC 192 kbps. HD/1080p only AAC 128 kbps (at YouTube).
Which one was best, was it by any chance the most expensive?
Keith

Spyerx

Which one was best, was it by any chance the most expensive?
Keith

When I do blind tests I like to write the price of the compared products on a little sticker next to the input button I'm selecting.

His commentary on app experience people really under estimate. My experience with Rose is its pretty bad. Eversolo pretty great. Aurender is good. Also, when I asked my hifi shop which of the 5 different streamers they sell do they sell most and are his typical (older!) audiophile customers happy with, they like DCS. Now, I live near Newport Coast in CA, so anyone who knows that area... knows that that means, but, he said he never gets complaints of usability on DCS. The others he sells, especially Rose, customers get annoyed. The DCS app is stupid simple, minimal features, but it is stable and works.

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
In that system, with the cheap FOSI class D, my score out of 100:

100 points - Auralic Aries G2.2.. €6000
95 points - Eversolo A6 ME + upgrade .. €1900
80 points - HiFi Rose RS 130.. €5300

My conclusions
  1. DO NOT BUY the HiFi Rose RS 130.
  2. We need to try the Eversolo 6 ME + upgrade with class A and AB amplifiers.
  3. I do not need any streamer. With my W10 optimized for multimedia (hard and soft) I appreciate the differences. And with my 5.25" KEF Q100 coaxials in near field, without the need for headphones. It is true that they are modified and sound much better than the originals.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
When I do blind tests I like to write the price of the compared products on a little sticker next to the input button I'm selecting.

His commentary on app experience people really under estimate. My experience with Rose is its pretty bad. Eversolo pretty great. Aurender is good. Also, when I asked my hifi shop which of the 5 different streamers they sell do they sell most and are his typical (older!) audiophile customers happy with, they like DCS. Now, I live near Newport Coast in CA, so anyone who knows that area... knows that that means, but, he said he never gets complaints of usability on DCS. The others he sells, especially Rose, customers get annoyed. The DCS app is stupid simple, minimal features, but it is stable and works.
I don’t believe customers buy DCS because of their app, they buy it because they have been led to believe ( by the whole hi-fi industry) that cost is commensurate with performance, which of course this place has proven to be utter tosh.
Keith

Tangband

Major Contributor
In that system, with the cheap FOSI class D, my score out of 100:

100 points - Auralic Aries G2.2.. €6000
95 points - Eversolo A6 ME + upgrade .. €1900
80 points - HiFi Rose RS 130.. €5300

My conclusions
  1. DO NOT BUY the HiFi Rose RS 130.
  2. We need to try the Eversolo 6 ME + upgrade with class A and AB amplifiers.
  3. I do not need any streamer. With my W10 optimized for multimedia (hard and soft) I appreciate the differences. And with my 5.25" KEF Q100 coaxials in near field, without the need for headphones. It is true that they are modified and sound much better than the originals.
I dont think Eversolos software is nearly as good as bluesounds, Linns or WiiMs. And for me thats very important- you must be able to use the product more than one or two years and it should be upgraded regulary. Buying a streamer with software thats not working perfect after two years is like buying a dac without streaming functionality.

So lets give Eversolo a fair chance to prove they are good in the long therm .

maty

Major Contributor
In a previous video I also appreciated that excess clarity in the treble but I could no determine if the cause was the speakers, the amplifiers, the DAC or the streamer. In both cases the amplifiers were FOSI ZA3, which may enhance the treble too much if those speakers have an impedance >> 4 Ohms at 10 kHz.

I did not mention it (speaking from memory) but it seems to me that the Sparkos have not changed the sound much. I read on ASR that the TPA325* are more immune to opamp switching than others. In a few days there will be a comparison and we will know.

Spyerx

I don’t believe customers buy DCS because of their app, they buy it because they have been led to believe ( by the whole hi-fi industry) that cost is commensurate with performance, which of course this place has proven to be utter tosh.
Keith

That's not what I'm saying. The point he was making, regardless of price point, his feedback is the DCS customers don't complain about the experience of using the device and the software is stable and easy to use (if limited). Rose, Gold Note, customers of his have a lot more issues with the software. Aurender customers of theirs have similar good experience to DCS, very low post-sale support. (he doesn't carry eversolo but carries streamer brands from about $1k to the stupid expensive)

octavius

I dont think Eversolos software is nearly as good as bluesounds, Linns or WiiMs. And for me thats very important- you must be able to use the product more than one or two years and it should be upgraded regulary. Buying a streamer with software thats not working perfect after two years is like buying a dac without streaming functionality.

So lets give Eversolo a fair chance to prove they are good in the long therm .
Bluesound is not yet able to provide tidal hires through their own bluesound software. Instead, he keeps coming up with reasons not to do it or that it will be "soonish" I had a node.... https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/e...-flac?page=8#community_comment_21380569201687

Last edited:

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
Ok one last time, I promise:

The volume control on the A8 is in the analogue domain while on the A6 it is digital right?
So, even when the A6 is outputting to an analogue output such as BAL-XLR, any volume changes happen in digital domain and thus "breaks" the bit perfect chain (not audible but still technically breaks it)
So, if you keep "Volume Passthrough Mode" to "OFF" state, but keep volume at 0dB, and are outputting to XLR-BAL, you're still going "through" the digital volume control at that point? And that in theory could break the bit perfect chain? Or because you're at 0 dB it is the same as bit perfect?

Thanks sorry to keep coming back to this one.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
At 0dB there is no attenuation, so bit perfect, but I am not sure why you are concerned because you won’t hear any difference.
Keith

Akary

But is the master version of this streamer worth buying?
Will there be a review of this too?

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Ok one last time, I promise:

The volume control on the A8 is in the analogue domain while on the A6 it is digital right?
So, even when the A6 is outputting to an analogue output such as BAL-XLR, any volume changes happen in digital domain and thus "breaks" the bit perfect chain (not audible but still technically breaks it)
So, if you keep "Volume Passthrough Mode" to "OFF" state, but keep volume at 0dB, and are outputting to XLR-BAL, you're still going "through" the digital volume control at that point? And that in theory could break the bit perfect chain? Or because you're at 0 dB it is the same as bit perfect?

Thanks sorry to keep coming back to this one.
Keep in mind: the A6 is all digital, means Streaming&DAC, as there are no analogue inputs.
Btw. a RME ADI grabs any input signal, analog or digital, to process it in the digital domain, nix analogue bypass.

Top Bottom