• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 145 28.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 342 66.0%

• Total voters

DNA16S

Received the DMP-A6. Trying to acces my music in a PC (same network, over ethernet). I add the share disks containing music to the library but it sacans an cannot see any folder or file....Help, please!

Spyerx

Received the DMP-A6. Trying to acces my music in a PC (same network, over ethernet). I add the share disks containing music to the library but it sacans an cannot see any folder or file....Help, please!

What format is the music in? When it scans it comes up with 0 files? File is shared via file system share in Windows or Mac? Permissions are correct?

I assume this is what you did: on the a6 go to files, then SMB or NFS share, add the share, you can scan or add this manually. Choose the root folder 1 level above your music folders. This step only creates the share.

Once you do that, you go to music, library, then add that share to the library. You can then scan that library.

So 2 step process. They should then appear in the Music section. I tried this last night and it worked with SMB on a mac source, i just prefer to have the music local on the device.

Stuj

Received the DMP-A6. Trying to acces my music in a PC (same network, over ethernet). I add the share disks containing music to the library but it sacans a cannot see any folder or file....Help, please!
Wow with a signature this size the pages are going to fill up fast….

DNA16S

Eureka, I did it! I've had to activate SMB1.0 in W11 and at the end, I've been able to access all files. Thanks!! Regarding the signature...You're right, I did not realize how big it shows in the browser. I'll try to make it smaller or just delete it. Thanks again!

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
SMB 1.0 has security issues. Does'nt it work with 2.x?
I have no issues about that.

Deckard71

Thanks for the reply.

So the Wiim Pro Plus DAC isn't that good?

I have no experience, I imagined it was good enough (I use it with RCA output) but I will have to change it for other reasons too.

I ask you, do you think the Master series is worth the higher cost of 450 Euros?

The DAC is the same but the power circuit changes.

Can you tell me if free internet radios (I also listen to those in addition to Tidal) are present in the native application or only transmitted from smartphones and Bluetooth?

A thousand thanks

Sorry, despite I have my own opinion, in this forum we have to say that all DACs sound the same. Better try audiogon, avsforums, etc

DNA16S

SMB 1.0 has security issues. Does'nt it work with 2.x?
I have no issues about that.
Once detected I will try disabling SMB 1.0

djigibao

I have one doubt...
I currently have a Node N130 but I'm thinking about buying an Eversolo.
My doubt is whether it is better to go straight to Eversolo (used for €700) or is it better to buy some DAC (used for €700) and continue using Node?

My system is:
Wharfedale Linton 85
Sony TA-A1ES
Node N130

Nutul

My doubt is whether it is better to go straight to Eversolo (used for €700) or is it better to buy some DAC (used for €700) and continue using Node?
I do not know how the streaming services work on the Node, nor how is library management / browsing on it; but from what I read on Eversolo forums, native apps still need rework.
Moreover browsing by artist / album, as well as playlist adding / sorting does not work as one would expect, not even on the local files.
If everything is working properly on the Node, in this respect, I would suggest you get a Z8 DAC instead, and have the Node play through it; it should be about $600 now.
I own one, and couldn't be more satisfied.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have one doubt...
I currently have a Node N130 but I'm thinking about buying an Eversolo.

My system is:
Wharfedale Linton 85
Sony TA-A1ES
Node N130
If you're happy with the BluOS ecosystem it makes sense to get a different DAC. You could get an Eversolo dac or any other that measures just as good. It's possible you could hear a difference since the Node measures pretty bad.

Spyerx

I do not know how the streaming services work on the Node, nor how is library management / browsing on it; but from what I read on Eversolo forums, native apps still need rework.
Moreover browsing by artist / album, as well as playlist adding / sorting does not work as one would expect, not even on the local files.
If everything is working properly on the Node, in this respect, I would suggest you get a Z8 DAC instead, and have the Node play through it; it should be about $600 now.
I own one, and couldn't be more satisfied.

Do you have specific examples or links? I’m curious what others are looking for. I’m 2 days into playing with this thing, using mostly an iPad with the Eversolo app, and a 2000 album local library, and i have found: search, artist selection, album selection, track selection to be fine and fast, and the interface and usage seems logical. The search and grouping and filtering is not terribly rich yet. But I can very easily find what I want, fast, and play it. The on device interface works in a similar way. I have done some playlist and favorites and it works fine.

I don’t use Qobuz but i subscribed to it temporarily to try it, it works the same, and you can also see artist details and other information easily. It works very similar to the local file approach.

Using Apple Music is probably the weak point, as you are using the android Apple Music app, but it works, and it plays back high resolution music. This is a huge plus, though, as you can add other android apps and stream from them.

I played around with 3 other streaming systems (Aurender, gold note, rose) and this one is as good as the others. I haven’t tried a Node, maybe that is better? I don’t know.

Did just spend a little time this morning doing some A-B (not blind unfortunately, have to change output on A6 and input on amp) between the A6 XLR out to my integrated, and USB out to a Topping E50 via XLR to my integrated. Volume matched to .1db using white noise. Zero difference at all when very much over analyzing several tracks i know very well. My ears just aren't that good :)

Last edited:

Deckard71

I have been trying Apple Music (6 free months). I cannot think of other device that lets you stream Apple Music HiRes from your phone/tablet apart from the Eversolo. You have to mirror the Eversolo screen, which is not as convenient as using the native Apple Music app, but it works well. You can even display the videos in the screen. What it does not work is the Apple Music EQ. The app lets you enable it, but it does nothing. I guess the Eversolo bypasses all the audio settings of Android apps

Alexx

How do you suggest setting the various DAC filters?

Does the audio output have to be fixed exactly?

It has a really complex menu with too many functions (some of which I believe are not very useful).
A thousand thanks.

Spyerx

I have been trying Apple Music (6 free months). I cannot think of other device that lets you stream Apple Music HiRes from your phone/tablet apart from the Eversolo. You have to mirror the Eversolo screen, which is not as convenient as using the native Apple Music app, but it works well. You can even display the videos in the screen. What it does not work is the Apple Music EQ. The app lets you enable it, but it does nothing. I guess the Eversolo bypasses all the audio settings of Android apps

This is what I'd expect, the eversolo bypasses the entire android audio stack. This is similar to what Rose does. There is a setting under: settings-audio-eversolo original sampling-rate audio engine

Try setting that, maybe it will allow the EQ to work. Supposedly that setting re-engages parts of the android audio stack.

Never tried it however.

Spyerx

How do you suggest setting the various DAC filters?

Does the audio output have to be fixed exactly?

It has a really complex menu with too many functions (some of which I believe are not very useful).
A thousand thanks.

I believe the Fast Roll-Off Linear is the best filter, Amir shows this in his test.

On the volume control: Do you want to use it? Or do you want to use your amp/integrated to control the volume?

If the latter, set "volume passthrough mode" to on - but make sure your volume is down all the way first. This will disable the volume setting on ever solo and it will output max volume, but you can still use mute on eversolo.

If the former, set your amp to whatever volume you want to use (on my integrated that is about 75%), then you can use the volume knob on ever solo to adjust, along with app. If you use this mode, you can set an analog or digital volume limit / max. Under each output ,you can also set a startup volume (I use -75db) and an increment (I use 1db). With my integrated at 75% when ever solo is at -0db (max) is when i can hear speakers start to compress.

Deckard71

My cheat sheet based on the filters I have been using on the Eversolo but also in the DAC/amp that I have for headphones:

LP Fast Roll-off: powerful
LP Slow Roll-off: analytical, harsh
MP Fast Roll-off: bass, body
MP Slow Roll-off: smooth

I have not tried the rest of filters long enough. Of course differences are SUBTLE

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
This is what I'd expect, the eversolo bypasses the entire android audio stack. This is similar to what Rose does. There is a setting under: settings-audio-eversolo original sampling-rate audio engine

Try setting that, maybe it will allow the EQ to work. Supposedly that setting re-engages parts of the android audio stack.

Never tried it however.
We are developing a global PEQ&GEQ function for DMP-A6

Alexx

Thank you very much for the answers of the various filters.

Do any of you also have the remote control? I don't really understand what it's for, if it doesn't have number buttons, I can't change channels and on Internet radio I can't even go forward or backward through the various channels, exactly?

The cost is low but I don't understand what it's for if it's so limited.
Thank you.

godmax

We are developing a global PEQ&GEQ function for DMP-A6
Great to hear that this will really be a differentiator! When can we expect the PEQ functionality on the DMP-A6?
I would love to have custom EQ presets for different headphones/speakers (similar to the DMP-A8). AutoEQ import would also be a bonus ;)

Top Bottom