• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 341 66.1%

• Total voters

yllanos

I think the inbound ethernet connection classifies as a digital input

1) Is my proposed setup feasible and
You are wrong. Ethernet is just part of the networking stack. It should NOT be considered as an audio input (not directly).

Your setup should work.

Werther44210

Have connected the eversolo to amp, and it works fine.
Running it through preamp (need it for TT), it works fine.
No issues.
Running through preamp may give a flavour by some harmonics that may be appreciated.
I listened to tracks with the DMP preamp on my Denon integrated and in passthrough mode with the integrated, I conclude that the DMP preamp stage is very successful with a rather pleasant side rather a soft sound with an incredibly mastered and detailed sound signature, in most cases, it's enough, does not necessarily justify the addition of a separate pre-amp, another quality of this streamer ....

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hello Salt,

How do you force these versions? By default it use v1, I can see it in my server logs:

Host [10.1.1.14] failed to connect via [SMB] due to [SMB1 not permitted].
Do You have made up permission to the folder for the DMP?
On my QNAP-NAS I added the DMP to users (name and PW) and assigned the music folder to it as readable.
After that have to log in with this identity.

Your log-file gives the information that SMB1 is at first attempted and blocked (probably by access denial at all), so it's not a SMB error butbone of accession's rules.

JonnyG

I had that same concern, but it's fine. The documentation is confusing here because Eversolo considers the ethernet connection to be part of the internal player. What they mean is that if you're connecting external devices to the box, you have to use the analog outs to hear them.
Thanks dscottj - appreciate your response, the manual comment now makes sense to me. I fear it's time to crack open the piggy bank and order one :)

JonnyG

You are wrong. Ethernet is just part of the networking stack. It should NOT be considered as an audio input (not directly).

Your setup should work.
Thanks yllanos for taking time to respond, time now to embark on my room correction and sub-integration journey.

swenske

Do You have made up permission to the folder for the DMP?
On my QNAP-NAS I added the DMP to users (name and PW) and assigned the music folder to it as readable.
After that have to log in with this identity.

Your log-file gives the information that SMB1 is at first attempted and blocked (probably by access denial at all), so it's not a SMB error butbone of accession's rules.

Yes, permissions are fine (I have no issues from other clients/devices, including my SMSL SD-9 with this account)

The logs say that SMB version 1 is not allowed (disabled for security reasons), and the client didn't try to upgrade to v2 or v3. It's a protocol/handshake error.

Can You confirm that SMB v1 is not enabled on your NAS ?

Thanks!

Last edited:

auronthas

Hi, would like to seek your opinion.

Currently my music streamer is CXN V2, anyway I bypass its internal DAC to Denafrip Ares II. Do you think DMP A6 is an upgrade of CXN V2, if I use by pass A6's internal DAC to Ares II? I guess it would sound the same, isn't it?

mittelp

Does anyone have the MX3 Air Mouse and a miniature arrow on the display? Is there a way to change the color and size of the arrow?

Attachments

• IMG_Pfeil.JPG
    IMG_Pfeil.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 65

Werther44210

Hi, would like to seek your opinion.

Currently my music streamer is CXN V2, anyway I bypass its internal DAC to Denafrip Ares II. Do you think DMP A6 is an upgrade of CXN V2, if I use by pass A6's internal DAC to Ares II? I guess it would sound the same, isn't it?
I had answered you for a while: "Dac Denafrip R2R sounds different (softer and warmer) than the ESS DACs which are straighter and more detailed, this Dennafrip seems to have a soft high end, rich mids and bass. This reminds me a bit of what I have on my Denon PMA 110's Dac Burr Brown which has this type of profile The two could be complementary and allow two types of listening, I use that and I like to have several DAC Currently I have a Rose RS 250 and I ordered the DMP A6 to have something different to listen to, the feedback I have on this streamer with its DAC is good, clear and detailed listening, fine treble without excess, not like in some ESS implementations."
To see the positive tests of the DMP go to the following link of Eversolo, in general, your Cambridge is estimated to be inferior in all respects to the DMP, you will not find anything at this price and this level of functionality and sound quality of comparable. Hifi.nl's review is perfect for answering your questions....

auronthas

I had answered you for a while: "Dac Denafrip R2R sounds different (softer and warmer) than the ESS DACs which are straighter and more detailed, this Dennafrip seems to have a soft high end, rich mids and bass. This reminds me a bit of what I have on my Denon PMA 110's Dac Burr Brown which has this type of profile The two could be complementary and allow two types of listening, I use that and I like to have several DAC Currently I have a Rose RS 250 and I ordered the DMP A6 to have something different to listen to, the feedback I have on this streamer with its DAC is good, clear and detailed listening, fine treble without excess, not like in some ESS implementations."
To see the positive tests of the DMP go to the following link of Eversolo, in general, your Cambridge is estimated to be inferior in all respects to the DMP, you will not find anything at this price and this level of functionality and sound quality of comparable. Hifi.nl's review is perfect for answering your questions....
Yes I remember your input and my sharing. My question is "bypass the ESS chips", comparing the streamer transport between CXN V2 vs A6 , what's the significant differences?

p/s. I have a great interest on new MA Mini-I Pro 4 , will study more... now they have included MA player apps, HDMI ARC input... sound like a complete streamer ... one thing still short... no digital output

Werther44210

Yes I remember your input and my sharing. My question is "bypass the ESS chips", comparing the streamer transport between CXN V2 vs A6 , what's the significant differences?

p/s. I have a great interest on new MA Mini-I Pro 4 , will study more... now they have included MA player apps, HDMI ARC input... sound like a complete streamer ... one thing still short... no digital output
Hi, read this test of the DMP that Eversolo didn't upload, it compares with other competitor streamers and talks about the digital transport of the DMP, that's its strong point, it's excellent in digital transport, that's a very clean and neutral sound, it lets through the particularity of the texture of the connected DAC, I am very satisfied with the DAC of the PMA 110, read the passage on this part with comparison with other streamers. As for the Matrix mini i4 pro, there have been exchanges on the question, I invite you to refer to it, more opinions in favor of the DMP and at the level of functionalities or digital transport there is no comparison. Otherwise, feedback from @multisport4me (previous page) on different configurations is interesting to read for you, it has a Marantz AV10 and state-of-the-art DACs, it is the latest multi-channel and stereo pre-amp from Marantz, the most high-end , as good as integrated Hi-Fi.... Good thoughts....

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yes, permissions are fine (I have no issues from other clients/devices, including my SMSL SD-9 with this account)

The logs say that SMB version 1 is not allowed (disabled for security reasons), and the client didn't try to upgrade to v2 or v3. It's a protocol/handshake error.

Can You confirm that SMB v1 is not enabled on your NAS ?

Thanks!
SMB1 is off.

Werther44210

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
HI, would you be able to share the DAC only comparison between the two? Which one do you like more?

Not yet, since I still haven't connected the DMP-A6 directly. But will do that pretty soon. I suspect I will be hard pressed to hear the difference given how they're both in the Excellent category based on Amir's reviews.

Werther44210

Not yet, since I still haven't connected the DMP-A6 directly. But will do that pretty soon. I suspect I will be hard pressed to hear the difference given how they're both in the Excellent category based on Amir's reviews.
In my opinion, the Velvet (Dac AKM) and the DMP (Dac ESS), sound signature a little different, afterwards, it's very subjective, people who listen to classical music tend to appreciate AKM, the tastes and the colors, I listen to a lot of classics and I like ESS for the level of detail, I have a Burr Brown on my Denon that looks like AKM, what I like about the Eversolo DAC is its versatility not adapted to a particular style of music....

Werther44210

Start to sound like at head-fi in this thread.
Start to sound like at head-fi in this thread.
Indeed, in the head-fi review of the Velvet, the new AKM DAC would be different from their old designs, detailed, more dynamism and speed and above all very clean highs not in the tradition of the old AKMs, like what, everything can change, see if listening to @sigberaudio will confirm this....

Top Bottom