• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 342 66.2%

• Total voters

tapio

To those experiencing disconnects when using wifi, check if you have channel "auto ranging" on in your router.

This is typically the default for a router and means that the router can change the channel it broadcasts on at any time which technically mean a disconnect/reconnect for active devices. Not an issue when web browsing but can cause dropouts when streaming.

So as an experiment, somewhere in your routers wifi setting will be an entry called something like "channel" that might be set to "auto". Set this to say "3" (or whatever) in the drop down list and reboot the A6.

View attachment 300818

Note that auto ranging has a purpose....in high density places (i.e. those where lots of routers are close to each other, say in an apartment complex) the router will try to select the best/least congested channel, which may change over time. This is because there are a limited number of wifi channels available so different households will share the same channel.

You can get a feel for this when you select a wifi to connect to on your device. If you see tens of available wifi connections, you are in a high density location.

Thus if you still get disconnects the reason might be because you have a large number of co-shares on the channel you selected. In a location of high congestion, even auto might not save you on occasions.

Where I am, I see only me (as an available wifi connection) but hard coding my channel fixed a disconnect issue I had with my wifi streaming simply because my router wanted to change channels for the hell of it (verified by checking the connected channel # in the OS of my PC streamer)

Also check your transmit power is at its max and that the wireless mode supports the maximum number of standards (i.e. a, b, g, n etc)

Peter
Good advice for WiFi problem. The disconnects I experience are not due to Wifi or internet connection as its the same with Ethernet so I still think it is an app problem. I have an Asus Zen node next to the Eversolo so I can switch between wired or WiFi easily.

Moxalain

Vu Meter. Did I understand everything ...

In Settings, there is "screensaver" which allows you to manage the time to pass and "Screensaver mode" to choose your clock.
Stop me if I'm wrong, the choice "do not put a screensaver" does not exist. It's 5 or 15 or 30 minutes, 1 or 2 hours.
And the "never" option has been forgotten ?

This gives me an idea :
As long as there is music, I keep the VU meters or the wallpapers of the streams listened to.
And when there is no more music, automatically switch to a clock (or a black screen).

Do you find the idea interesting to submit it to Eversolo ?

Best regards

Sound_freq

What do you use instead?
Most stable has been using my Apple TV to stream and listen via optical out from the tv into the A6, plus I enjoy seeing full screen album art and interface on the tv. I also try to use Spotify / Tidal Connect or Airplay to come from the native apps on my phone or computer, but connection isn't always the most stable, occasional drop outs.

Music0373

Any opinion on buying this Eversolo streamer/dac combo instead of my Primare np5 mk2 streamer and dac Schiit modius (AKM chip version). I use this stuff on CA CXA80 amp (dac to amp via xlr connection) and speakers are Wharfedale Evo 4.4. I only use streaming service for source (Tidal HiFi).
I can say that I really enjoy the current combination, but I was thinking in terms of upgrading with this eversolo streamer/dac.

Any opinion on buying this Eversolo streamer/dac combo instead of my Primare np5 mk2 streamer and dac Schiit modius (AKM chip version). I use this stuff on CA CXA80 amp (dac to amp via xlr connection) and speakers are Wharfedale Evo 4.4. I only use streaming service for source (Tidal HiFi).
I can say that I really enjoy the current combination, but I was thinking in terms of upgrading with this eversolo streamer/dac.
Here is a couple of obvious ways the EverSolo is superior:
- it’s neat to see album covers on the EverSolo.
- It is fun to put whatever image you want for an album cover by replacing the “folder.jpg” in a folder, though this may be really difficult to do with Tidal or other streaming services.
- it’s nice to use the touchscreen UI on the unit, instead of having to find a computer (usually a phone or iPad).

Last edited:

babar

Forum Donor
I'm trying to pair the Eversolo BTR12 remote over Bluetooth. I am aiming it at the device and pressing the play/pause button simultaneously with the volume down button. Nothing happens. It works over IR, but I am not able to pair it over Bluetooth. any suggestions?
all I get it 'volume direct mode' popping up.

UEG

Please can someone test this out and check this is not just happening to me?

Using the A6 touchscreen, when I press the "back arrow" to back out of an artist's albums, I am returned to that same artist folder. Excellent!! However;

when using the EverSolo app, when I press the same "back arrow" to back out of an artist's albums, I am returned straight back to the beginning of my music library. This means constantly scrolling from the beginning of my library to listen to each and every artist.

(Music library on external HDD via USB)

Much appreciated

tapio

I'm trying to pair the Eversolo BTR12 remote over Bluetooth. I am aiming it at the device and pressing the play/pause button simultaneously with the volume down button. Nothing happens. It works over IR, but I am not able to pair it over Bluetooth. any suggestions?
When I got the remote I didn't do anything to pair it as it worked out of the box.

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Should press the "Next track" and the "volume down" button.

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Please can someone test this out and check this is not just happening to me?

Using the A6 touchscreen, when I press the "back arrow" to back out of an artist's albums, I am returned to that same artist folder. Excellent!! However;

when using the EverSolo app, when I press the same "back arrow" to back out of an artist's albums, I am returned straight back to the beginning of my music library. This means constantly scrolling from the beginning of my library to listen to each and every artist.

(Music library on external HDD via USB)

Much appreciated
Checking. Thanks for your feedback.
BTW: You used Android APP or IOS?

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Checking. Thanks for your feedback.
BTW: You used Android APP or IOS?
We found that this issue will occur in A6 touchscreen but not in control APP? And will resolve it in the next firmware

Petervaz

I will try using an Android device today and come back with more updates HoweSound.
Have performed the following tests over the weekend.

1.Via the native Qobuz app on the IPhone over Airplay to the A6 : Works well switching between tracks across albums with expected 1 to 2 second delays.
2.Via the A6 control app on an Android device to the A6 : Works well most of the time switching between tracks in the same album with expected 2 to 3 second delays but can extend to 5 to 6 second delays between tracks from a different album.
3.Scrolling down the Qobuz "My Playlist" from the A6 control app at times seems to close the app altogether and I need to re-open the app and start the scroll process all over again. If I don't scroll down at a snails pace, the app will crash again. This is not a problem on the Android phone though and the scrolling can be done faster and the app sustains this for some reason!

I could use Airplay but this way am limited to the streaming capacity of the technology and cannot make use of the higer bitrate available via Qobuz!

I was in communication with the Ever solo team at the very start of my issues via FB messenger but now they have stopped responding to me! , this is very frustrating .. paid £1200 for this box and it doesn't even do the mere basics well. Keeps crashing during scrolls within Qobuz , delays switching between tracks via the IPhone App.

Is there a Issue reporting mechanism for the Ever solo support teams? I need these issues fixed really or am I the only one with these issues?

I may resort to posting these issues on their FB page as a last resort!

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Have performed the following tests over the weekend.

1.Via the native Qobuz app on the IPhone over Airplay to the A6 : Works well switching between tracks across albums with expected 1 to 2 second delays.
2.Via the A6 control app on an Android device to the A6 : Works well most of the time switching between tracks in the same album with expected 2 to 3 second delays but can extend to 5 to 6 second delays between tracks from a different album.
3.Scrolling down the Qobuz "My Playlist" from the A6 control app at times seems to close the app altogether and I need to re-open the app and start the scroll process all over again. If I don't scroll down at a snails pace, the app will crash again. This is not a problem on the Android phone though and the scrolling can be done faster and the app sustains this for some reason!

I could use Airplay but this way am limited to the streaming capacity of the technology and cannot make use of the higer bitrate available via Qobuz!

I was in communication with the Ever solo team at the very start of my issues via FB messenger but now they have stopped responding to me! , this is very frustrating .. paid £1200 for this box and it doesn't even do the mere basics well. Keeps crashing during scrolls within Qobuz , delays switching between tracks via the IPhone App.

Is there a Issue reporting mechanism for the Ever solo support teams? I need these issues fixed really or am I the only one with these issues?

I may resort to posting these issues on their FB page as a last resort!
We are checking the issue No.3.
Can you provide more information? IOS APP? Some screenshots?

Petervaz

We are checking the issue No.3.
Can you provide more information? IOS APP? Some screenshots?
The device is a IPhone 14 Pro Max with IOS Version 16.5.1.

I have now made a screen recording of the issue , please see attached.

Attachments

• Eversolo control app crashing.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 88

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
You're most welcome @mirror88
I used EverSolo app on both Android and iOS and have the same issue.
We still can't reproduce it, can you provide some screenshots? PM or send to service#eversolo.com

UEG

We found that this issue will occur in A6 touchscreen but not in control APP? And will resolve it in the next firmware
No, the problem exists when using the app - not when using the touchscreen

Top Bottom