• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

squirejim

Because that is what the DAC is receiving. FLAC is just a container that is more efficient (lossless compression) with additional features (better tagging) than most formats. Regardless of the file format, the DAC will only understand the PCM inside it so the software player (one of the apps installed on the A6 or the Roon core) will decode it first so the DAC can then convert the PCM to analog.
THANKS!

Bernd

Forum Donor
Hi all,

Is there a way to use the official YouTube app? I know it can be loaded but requires google play services. Can Google play services APK be loaded separate onto the eversolo to make it work?

I know YouTubeVanced was mentioned by a user online but I would like to use the official YouTube or another alternative that I can sign into my account and perhaps is more future proof.

Thanks!
Hi, yes that should be possible. The process how to sideload APKs has been explained in this thread a few days ago. Please search this thread and you'll find the answer.

Elyktd

Hi, yes that should be possible. The process how to sideload APKs has been explained in this thread a few days ago. Please search this thread and you'll find the answer.
Hi, I have figured out how to load APKs and have the official YouTube APK loaded. The issue is it says it requires google play services to open and run. Is it just a matter of me downloading google play services APK to get it to run? I wasn’t sure what all was involved to make it work.

Al So Rand

I received my A6 on June 28th. I'm absolutely loving it. It makes running Amazon Music HD Unlimited a much better experience than it used to be with a laptop feeding my separate DAC... You get what Amazon is putting out no messing with windows control panels etc.

I have a question... Am I supposed to set it to Volume Pass Through if I'm feeding a separate DAC over the USB A 3.1 digital audio output?

I'm new to actual streamers and I dont want the A6 volume control in circuit as I have my own stand alone Dac and Preamp.. I will not be using the A6 internal DAC , Volume Control or Analog Output Stage.

Al So Rand

A tip for those wanting to sideload an app, you can do it directly from your computer.

1. Type [IP_address]:18888 in your internet browser
2. Select your APK file
3. Wait a few seconds

Check your DMP-A6 you should see your app already installed.
Me not being a computer wiz, how much strain does " side loading" multiple apps put onto the 4GB of internal RAM in the A6? Or does it have more storage that I'm not aware of ?

glc650

Me not being a computer wiz, how much strain does " side loading" multiple apps put onto the 4GB of internal RAM in the A6? Or does it have more storage that I'm not aware of ?
RAM != storage.

According to the A6's own spec page:
Internal Memory 4GDDR4 +32GeMMC

I think this means 4GB of DDR4 RAM and 32GB of eMMC storage both of which is more than a decent amount for a device like this so you should be fine.

Al So Rand

RAM != storage.

According to the A6's own spec page:
Internal Memory 4GDDR4 +32GeMMC

I think this means 4GB of DDR4 RAM and 32GB of eMMC storage both of which is more than a decent amount for a device like this so you should be fine.
Thanks ! I'm not completely computer illiterate but close enough...

Sound_freq

Has anyone confirmed whether the DMP-A6 has Airplay 2 compatibility ? I initially presumed that since it had Airplay built in that it was the latest spec since it's a new modern streaming device, but after doing further research, Eversolo only mentions Airplay in their specs. I ran a test of Airplay 2's ability to stream to multiple Airplay 2 speakers/devices this evening and the DMP-A6 couldn't be chosen to be part of the multi-room/speaker group. Even the Wiim Mini and Wiim Pro have Airplay 2 built in.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I received my A6 on June 28th. I'm absolutely loving it. It makes running Amazon Music HD Unlimited a much better experience than it used to be with a laptop feeding my separate DAC... You get what Amazon is putting out no messing with windows control panels etc.

I have a question... Am I supposed to set it to Volume Pass Through if I'm feeding a separate DAC over the USB A 3.1 digital audio output?

I'm new to actual streamers and I dont want the A6 volume control in circuit as I have my own stand alone Dac and Preamp.. I will not be using the A6 internal DAC , Volume Control or Analog Output Stage.
Just slide over the volume passthrough,

Keith

Ugin

Hello. I bought my Eversolo on 25.05.23 in Ukraine. Help me figure it out: why does the Pioneer VSX-919AH AV receiver receive a signal through the HDMI output in dts format (5.1 channel) - only stereo (2 channels) signal comes in?
20230702_124630.jpg

Attachments

• 20230702_124613.jpg
    20230702_124613.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 64

jpjunction

Has anyone confirmed whether the DMP-A6 has Airplay 2 compatibility ? I initially presumed that since it had Airplay built in that it was the latest spec since it's a new modern streaming device, but after doing further research, Eversolo only mentions Airplay in their specs. I ran a test of Airplay 2's ability to stream to multiple Airplay 2 speakers/devices this evening and the DMP-A6 couldn't be chosen to be part of the multi-room/speaker group. Even the Wiim Mini and Wiim Pro have Airplay 2 built in.
It has, and after 1.1.70 update it really works.

nawfal07

Hello. I bought my Eversolo on 25.05.23 in Ukraine. Help me figure it out: why does the Pioneer VSX-919AH AV receiver receive a signal through the HDMI output in dts format (5.1 channel) - only stereo (2 channels) signal comes in?View attachment 296454

You’re using the dts Neo upmixing, change it to stereo or direct.

Sound_freq

It has, and after 1.1.70 update it really works.
Any further detail you can provide ? I have 1.1.70, mutli-room wouldn't work here in combination with the DMP-A6, but works fine with my devices that do support Airplay 2, and Airplay 2 isn't mentioned in Eversolo's specs. All the 1.1.70 release notes mention is optimized Airplay.

TimB

I agree it is always worth striving for and supporting excellence in engineering, and you clearly understand that a slightly better sinad will not improve sound quality.
I would like ( and have suggested to Eversolo) that any ‘A-8’ should add useful functionality , EQ for example.
Keith
Exactly why I’ve stacked a Z8 with my A6… not that it’s going to sound different, but because it is just objectively better performing, which seemed fitting given it’s being run into a Benchmark LA4 and AHB2’s. At the end of the day it’s just for the fun of it because anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Monosauras

Hello. I bought my Eversolo on 25.05.23 in Ukraine. Help me figure it out: why does the Pioneer VSX-919AH AV receiver receive a signal through the HDMI output in dts format (5.1 channel) - only stereo (2 channels) signal comes in?

You can change the scene of your Pioneer avr. Right now you are using the DTS scene, but it isn't receiving that signal. If you want direct stereo change the scene on your Pioneer to 'direct'.

Ugin

I want the 5.1 signal from the Eversolo to be sent in 5.1 to the AV receiver (not stereo!).

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I want the 5.1 signal from the Eversolo to be sent in 5.1 to the AV receiver (not stereo!).
Only support DSD64/PCM(flac,wav) for mutli-channel output

Top Bottom