• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 342 66.2%

• Total voters

wav3form

So is the DMP-A6 actually for sale anywhere reliable or are they just trickling in randomly and selling out immediately? I found this place that says they have stock but I've never used them before. I'll send them a message but figured I'd ask here too.

multisport4me

So is the DMP-A6 actually for sale anywhere reliable or are they just trickling in randomly and selling out immediately? I found this place that says they have stock but I've never used them before. I'll send them a message but figured I'd ask here too.

There is a shop in Canada called Summit HiFi but I'm not too sure about these US guys in your post. I'd check whois to see if its same ownership and do some more due diligence on them before buying. And only use Pay Pal where you have protection of some sort. The site just looks a bit sketchy to me so be careful...

multisport4me

Such clocks have no impact on fidelity. We don't care about accuracy of the playback. If I play the track 0.001% slower or faster, you won't notice it. For a long time, movies for Europe were sped up by the ratio of 25/24 and folks still watched not knowing any better! (PAL vs NTSC conversion).

We can cause jitter is variation of clock and that can happen with any clock source regarding its "femto" accuracy.

And if you don't believe Amir on this, check out this guy
who explains in very simple terms why jitter is almost never a audible concern unless it gets so out of whack it finally approaches an audible range. But in this case, the Master version may have a slightly better clock that results in slightly better jitter, but nothing you'd ever hear in a million years. The regular version would have to be complete garbage (and we know that its not) to lend the Master version any real advantage here.

Now the op amps...maybe, but realistically I suspect if I sent my Master to Amir to test, he'd find maybe....maybe a few dB better SINAD. Maybe not. The OPA1612 is considered to be better than the OPA1642 and is in many of the top DACs measured up here (including the Z8). But again, will the OPA1642 be audibly worse than the OPA1612 in this design? Probably not. Might bench slightly better with OPA1612, but not likely to be audibly better.

D

Deleted member 62005

On jitter and digital noise caused by poor power supplies in a streamer even used as a transport only, I am starting to call it the FOMO of the best digital sound for the last 3ft of digital travel.

Once you understand how many routers with packet loss over old fiber/cable optics from data system commodity storage devices and probably not the best cables/DACs for recording/mastering, it should give you a reality check.

It is almost as that last 3ft would make all the difference in the world, so they demand 6K+ digital streamers with the best power supplies and clocks even for just the transport of a digital signal to an external DAC. What makes it worst that buying a top-end one actually does not hurt the signal (only your wallet). And it probablyl does look very nice and solid. But it seems to only reinforces their own basis how good it sounds and their decision.

On another forum, I mentioned I might use for a digital transport streamer from info gathered from this forum - the DMP=A6, a Mac mini with Roon or even the WiiM PRO. They apparently think I am crasyl to speed money on a good amp and speakers only to cut corners on the source. Oh, and only the best cables, of course. . LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

wav3form

There is a shop in Canada called Summit HiFi but I'm not too sure about these US guys in your post. I'd check whois to see if its same ownership and do some more due diligence on them before buying. And only use Pay Pal where you have protection of some sort. The site just looks a bit sketchy to me so be careful...
I think it's the same people. They have a link to their ".ca" site on the US site. And yes, it looks sketch.

Alfachris

Le lecteur de CD AMR était la seule unité qui sonnait de manière significative différente lorsque j'ai auditionné plusieurs pour l'inventaire de sonorisation il y a toutes ces années, j'ai finalement décidé de ne pas m'embêter avec le CD, une décision que je n'ai pas regrettée.
Keith
I'm not talking about the AMR CD Player, but the Dac AMR dp 777 SE

dakchi

Hi,
I currently havean Ifi Zen Stream streamer that has been a major upgrade from Bluesound SOUND WISE. The sound is really clean but the streamer has some bugs. I am wondering if I will get the same clean sound out of Eversolo A6? any Ifi ZS owner can share feedback on upgrading to Eversolo?
I am also wondering if it would be interesting to add a DDC between Eversolo and my DAC (Denafrips Pontus II)? I am thinking of purchasing MATRIX X-SPDIF 3 to have I2S output to my DAC. It is really unfortunate that Eversolo does not have I2S output. It would have been the perfect streamer
Thanks for your answers

Xellence

It can only output a digital input via it's analogue output(s)
The HDMI output supports DSD64 native multichannel and 192k PCM multichannel raw.
Although the manual doesn't specifically state it, I would assume it would allow streamed content to be output via HDMI.
Could this be changed by future firmware updates? I’m trying to hook up a CD transport to this device and then send the signal to my DSP via digital output.

multisport4me

Could this be changed by future firmware updates? I’m trying to hook up a CD transport to this device and then send the signal to my DSP via digital output.
The hardware design itself won't allow it according to Eversolo. The digital inputs are strictly for use when using the DAC/analog outputs.

tsfreo

Wouldn't a Wiim mini paired with an SMSL SU-6 give you better performance at a fraction of the cost?
Did anyone else reply to this query? I am wondering something similar. A Wiim Pro (streamer) into a SMSL D0200 (DAC) is giving me pretty good performance (particularly bang for buck) - only thing really missing compared to the DMP-6A is the nice screen and the SSD. I'm running single ended connects to my amp because I use an integrated amp without a balanced input option. I have a dedicated iPad next to my system that I use for control and access to streaming apps.

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Hi,
I currently havean Ifi Zen Stream streamer that has been a major upgrade from Bluesound SOUND WISE. The sound is really clean but the streamer has some bugs. I am wondering if I will get the same clean sound out of Eversolo A6? any Ifi ZS owner can share feedback on upgrading to Eversolo?
I am also wondering if it would be interesting to add a DDC between Eversolo and my DAC (Denafrips Pontus II)? I am thinking of purchasing MATRIX X-SPDIF 3 to have I2S output to my DAC. It is really unfortunate that Eversolo does not have I2S output. It would have been the perfect streamer
Thanks for your answers

Adding a DDC won’t make the slightest difference likewise outputting to I2S, just audiophile nonsense.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Did anyone else reply to this query? I am wondering something similar. A Wiim Pro (streamer) into a SMSL D0200 (DAC) is giving me pretty good performance (particularly bang for buck) - only thing really missing compared to the DMP-6A is the nice screen and the SSD. I'm running single ended connects to my amp because I use an integrated amp without a balanced input option. I have a dedicated iPad next to my system that I use for control and access to streaming apps.
I wouldn’t have thought there would be the slightest difference , two transparent dacs, I wouldn’t expect the Eversolo to improve sq no more than I would expect the most expensive streamer money can buy to improve sound quality.
Keith

Hasse B

Hi,
Thanks for your answers

I have an ifi Zen Stream connected to a Matrix X-SPDIF 3 which is connected to an SMSL SU-10 via I2S. Currently looking at the possibility of replacing ifi Zen Stream with Eversolo DMP. I'm not sure if Eversolo will give a sound lift. However, it is considerably more flexible and has the large LCD screen which looks really nice. I can strongly recommend the Matrix X-SPDIF 3. I got a completely different sound image and a firmer bass. However, you should use a better quality HDMI cable. I myself chose the Swedish Supra.

pavanraut

I had my Eversolo for a few days now and absolutely love it! I paired it with Schiit Vidar 2 to Tekton Lores and have an SVS SB-2000 subwoofer for a 2.1 setup. I had Bluesound Node N130 before that but I like Eversolo's DAC quite a bit more.

I use RCAs to connect my amp and sub and here's how it looks, I just got these RCA splitters and it works quite well:

View attachment 286372
Great set up. Just wanted to check how is this working with Subwoofer. What settings are u using with your Subwoofer. Also, can u please mention what amp and speakers are u using. thank you

FRC

Anybody having problems using Roon with the Eversolo DMP-A6 ?
Dosn't show up in the endpoint selection. . .

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Anybody having problems using Roon with the Eversolo DMP-A6 ?
Dosn't show up in the endpoint selection. . .
Yes it does, well it does here, have you ‘enabled’ the device in ‘settings’ ‘audio’?
Keith

Top Bottom