• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Rate this streamer/DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 144 27.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 340 65.9%

• Total voters

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I haven’t felt any warmth from the unit at all, I will check this evening.
Keith

Alex05

Hello,

The Dmp-a6 have a fixed volume output with the internal dac ?
Let a external preamp do the volume control.
Thank You

Last edited:

Arcticpollen

Hello,

The Dmp-a6 have a fixed volume output with the internal dac ?
Let a external preamp do the volume control.
Thank You
I had been wondering about this too. There does not seem to be a line type analogue output and I didn’t see any mention of a setting in the manual about using the RCA output in line mode. My CXN v2 has a function to choose between preamp modes.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Post #54 shows a screenshot of button selector labelled Volume Passthrough mode.
Yes exactly fixed or variable.
Keith

Arcticpollen

Yes exactly fixed or variable.
Keith
Thanks Keith and @Petevid - I have 2 use cases for the DMP-A6 - one for a direct replacement of a Matrix Audio Mini i3 on my desk that runs straight out over XLR to a pair of Genelec active monitors and the other is to potentially replace my CXN v2 in the main listening room. This would be run into an Arcam SR250 and I'd probably want to be using the more modern DACs on the Eversolo and take a line style feed into the Arcam rather than just using the Eversolo as a transport.

facefirst

Am I correct that this doesn't have HDMI Arc?

EDIT: Do you think this could be added via a software update or is it more fundamental?

Korvenwin

Unboxing my DMP-A6...

2023-05-15_10-55-28_IMG_0668.jpg

Almost everything is better than expected

Last edited:

facefirst

You are correct. Tha HDMI port is only to output audio.
That is such a shame. I use HDMI Arc all the time on my Uniti Nova and I would have replaced that with this and a pair of monoblocks...

ArekB

Hello,
I just received my DMP-A6. It sounds and looks great.
However, I have one small issue. I am using it with a preamplifier so I need a fixed volume from the DMP-A6. I set up a volume passthrough option ON but I have to do it every time I start a device to receive a full volume sound. When I turn on the device it plays very quiet. I have to go to the settings turn off the volume passthrough option and turn it on again. Only then it plays with full volume.
Does anyone use the device with a fixed volume? How does it work? I didn't find any other option.

Korvenwin

Hello,
However, I have one small issue. I am using it with a preamplifier so I need a fixed volume from the DMP-A6. I set up a volume passthrough option ON but I have to do it every time I start a device to receive a full volume sound. When I turn on the device it plays very quiet. I have to go to the settings turn off the volume passthrough option and turn it on again. Only then it plays with full volume.
Does anyone use the device with a fixed volume? How does it work? I didn't find any other option.

I'm using it with fixed volume and that problem did not happen to me.

mirror88

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hello,
Sorry, It's a firmware issue. will solve it in next version. Maybe within this week.

ArekB

Sorry, It's a firmware issue. will solve it in next version. Maybe within this week.
Thank you very much for your quick reply. I thought that I am doing something wrong. ;)

It's just about analog output, there's no problem with digital output:)
Yes, but using digital output I will use a DAC in my preamplifier. I prefer to use the one from DMP-A6 which sounds much better for me.

paulri

I'm using it with fixed volume and that problem did not happen to me.
Hi, what the amp are you running into? Do you use the preamp or DAC/preamp? I also consider buying DMP and still hesitating what the amp or possibly DAC/preamp to match it with. Thanks and enjoy it!

Korvenwin

Hi, what the amp are you running into? Do you use the preamp or DAC/preamp? I also consider buying DMP and still hesitating what the amp or possibly DAC/preamp to match it with. Thanks and enjoy it!

I connect RCA on A6 to a NAD C399. In this case, I'm using internal DAC.

At the same time, for headphones, I connect the A6 to a iFi xDSD Gryphone through USB audio out to connect a pair of headphones. In this case, I use the external DAC on iFi.

Note that I need to manually switch one to other. Both doesn't work simultaneously.

paulri

I am seriously considering the purchase of the amp Audiophonics HPA S400ET with the streamer Eversolo DMP A6 and running it into KEF R7.
I don't have an option to give this setup a listening test neither got any info from Audiophonics. Not sure if I could give it this setup a blind purchase try.
What do you think about it, should I fear about speakers when the streamer has some glitches or to be afraid of anything else?
Thanks!

kopczas

It`s interesting how this unit is hyped. 2 reviews on youtube, one here.
I`ve placed an order from Eversolo`s distributor in Poland. They had 10 units, which were sold out instantly. In 2 weeks they are expecting second shipment, but probably I will need to wait much longer. I`m about 30th in line.

Last edited:
Top Bottom